Morning MrS! I hope you have a great Tuesday. :ciao:
I didn’t know there were t-shirts in the past! Dang. Maybe I can find one on eboy...:cheesygrinsmiley:
No, my mornings suck now. I decided to take a new job after enjoying the summer off. It's a great gig with some travel, but it's work!

Thanks Sye. DE came up in a few articles but not one particular study concentrated on that. However there are studies such as one in India that did end up mentioning this:
A few studies have shown that application of DE can be beneficial for plants as a source of Si. Diatomaceous earth is formed by diatom frustules composed of amorphous Si (BSi) that is easily soluble compared to the other silicates common in soils (Fraysse et al., 2009). Rizwan et al. (2012) showed that DE application might reduce the toxicity of Cd in wheat and attributed this effect to Si, which induced a decrease in available Cd in the soil.

I'm sure there may be a way to apply it but it didn't say in that article. The chart below shows the composition of diatomaceous earth.
1602723316519.png

You can see over half of it contains silicon dioxide. It still needs to be broken down into MSA which is most likely why you wouldn't notice results with short term use. The amount of silicon dioxide in the soil influences the concentration of the MSA. The study above says DE is easily soluble compared to the other silicates, which could be potassium silicate which is not that soluble.
can one use slight amount of concrete powder mixed with their soil?? concrete powder has silica in it:morenutes:

lol! whenever i get into your page, i bring up old conversations and then there is 3 or 4 posts from me.

No, my mornings suck now. I decided to take a new job after enjoying the summer off. It's a great gig with some travel, but it's work!
My wife is really sick of me and the dog thinks I smell, so I had to do something.
As long as they don't make you shave, it's all good! ;)

Congratulations on Journal of the Month (yeah, I'm late to the party), Member of the Month nomination, and new job. Oh, and your plants look fabulous as always! :high-five:

Absolutely stunning flowers Mr S! :yummy::ganjamon::hookah:

And congratulations and commiserations on the new job :Namaste:
Thanks Sye! :Namaste:
As long as they don't make you shave, it's all good! ;)
I'm a once a week shaver. The position is a Field Technician. Anytime a job title has 'Field' in it you need to shave at least twice a week. :)
Congratulations on the new job Mr.S I really should get one myself one of these days.
Thanks Smokey. I'm sure you know it's not all that! I'm ready to retire. :)
Yes congratulations! Now work safe please!
Thanks Otter, and I will. :green_heart:
Congratulations on Journal of the Month (yeah, I'm late to the party), Member of the Month nomination, and new job. Oh, and your plants look fabulous as always! :high-five:
When you write it like that it sounds like I'm having a good month! :high-five:

lol, the older we get the less dirty we get. Makes up for all that ear hair.
Hell I have hair coming out of all kinds of body parts. Ears and Nose. I guess I found some of that hair I lost. I didn't lose it it all shifted to may back , Nose and ears. I am a fury beast.

Oh my God! To have a whole season off! That’s what my dreams are made of. Longest I’ve ever had is 4 weeks. In fact I have 4 weeks leave due in November.

Congratulations! What sort of work do you do?

Back
Top Bottom