Hey everybody!

So this will be my final journal here at 420 magazine. I joined back in 2018 and realized the only way to become a better grower was to learn from the pros and that meant starting a journal so others could provide help and support. I know a lot of you will find this as a surprise considering the number of journals I have done but it's time to go perpetual. Ha!

So here we go...
I spent the day getting the soil ready which is FFOF cut with 25% perlite. I'll be running all autos to begin with and that was not as easy as it sounds.
I started off by dropping a Lemon AK and a Girl Scout Cookie from Fastbuds. I'm trying to use those peat pucks that seem to kill my seeds every time since I either overwater them(pre-soaked) or I underwater them.
So, that didn't go well and again I seemed to have overwatered the puck and drowned the GSC. The LAK did pop but was not looking good. Probably overwatered in the seed killer puck but it was still alive! I decided to drop two more GSC's and a Zkittlez.

I tried the killer pucks again with less water this time. The one died because it dried out. The other one popped and was doing OK until I killed it. It had something to do with the humidifier misting on it. Looked like a limp Oscar Mayer. :rip: The Zkittlez didn't seem bothered by the humidity and is also alive. So I have a slow growing Lemon AK and a Zkittlez which is doing good.
I dropped my last two GSC's in some water and had a small tap on both. Placed them both in the paper towel and baggie and over the covered heat mat, which is also new to me btw. The probe fell off the mat and apparently the beans were cooked to a medium rare before I noticed.
I dropped another two beans, a DDA from Sweet Seeds and a Gorilla Glue from Auto Seeds.

Back to basics and what always worked for me in the past. Once in the paper towel and baggie it goes in my room on a plate covered with a towel. Once the tap is long enough it goes stright into a solo cup. I use those pipettes(2mL) for watering the area where the seed goes so it never gets overwatered. I should have done that from the beginning as both are now above the surface today in the solos.

So the LAK may be nothing but the Zkittlez, GG and the DDA should be fine. Here's some pics of the day.

:Rasta:

8369D246-F389-4FD8-90CE-A590B6EBDA11.jpeg

Oh man thanks for that loving it XD

Back
Top Bottom