The size of the pots

K.puff&stuff

Hi guys I wanted to ask. I my clones are in a 1 gallon pot there nice and tall strong clones I decided to add them in a 5 gallon pot. Will they be ok and grow nice big or will I have to change them into a 10 gallon pot in the future and so on. I thought if I add them in a 5 gallon pot they will grow tall and nice. I have friends saying I should of waited to add them in the 5 gallon because I will have to change the size in a few weeks because I will get root lock and the plant will not grow. Anyways anyone out there can help me out with this what my friend saying to me make sence but I big does my clone have to be before adding her to my 5 gallons pots? Hope you all understand what I trying to say
first is mother in a regular large pot and its clon in a 5 gallon pot
IMG_085957.JPG
IMG_086056.JPG

Well after march April then they will go out side and let the sun take over mother will go outside as well Should I put them in bigger pots when they go outside when I say outside meaning my green house

Bigger means better yield assuming they fill up the pots they are in
Re potting just to re pot dosent do much. If they get big in the 5gal, when they go outside up pot for sure.
April is a ways away, they could be trees by then

I've always gone with 1 gal per foot of plant in soil. Coco you can get away with more growth per gal. If you're vegging those till April then heading outside, in the pots, you'll definitely need bigger pots to make it till October. Those are going to be friggin HUGE.

Thanks Guys I would like to have them big I have 60 gallon and 150 gallon pot that I can put them in but that it i'm not going to go bigger then 150 my green house is a dome 26 foot dome 14 foot high center so cant add more then what it can take. Right now all lights in my grow room are 18 on 6 off set at veg max mode I didn't turn my flower mode on. I just want them to sit in veg mode till then. after that let the sun take over.

Just remember, whatever pot you put them in that isn't the final pot... You are going to have to lift that amount of dirt, plus the weight of the tree to lift into the next pot. 10 gal of dirt alone is about more lifting than I would want to do.

Walter yea thats the down fall the weight well I wont be alone doing that and pots I have are material so if I have to cut 2 or 3 of them so be it. ive been planning on making a video but I dont know how to post it I have a grow journal but seem I lost the folks that were interested with my moving to new house and all I had to stop posting but now i'm back notice the site changed as well.

I'd be Interested in following along with your lmao... micro grow. I'll see if I can't find it. I mean a veg that's about 5 months longer than a natural summer sounds like quite an impressive grow. But I think most of the action is about 8 months away. Don't let the fact people might have fallen off of your grow discourage you from doing it. Sounds interesting to me though.

Root lock takes a LOT longer to happen with fabric pots. I have one plant that's 1.6m x 1.6m in a 20l pot (about 5 gallon) & it's very close to harvest.

Just my 2c ;):goodjob:

Very nice looking plant. I cant wait to go outside this spring if it ever comes my way :confused: nothing beat the sun light
I can still do a 12/12 ouside. what would be the best time 7 am till 7pm in the month of may

Very nice looking plant. I cant wait to go outside this spring if it ever comes my way :confused: nothing beat the sun light
I can still do a 12/12 ouside. what would be the best time 7 am till 7pm in the month of may

My first grow was outdoors with as little as 8-10 hours of direct sunlight. Started on a windowsill in the middle of winter. I'm in the southern hemisphere, so it very rarely gets below 15c. Right now it's Autumn here & the temps are slowly dropping, luckily/unluckily no heavy rains yet. Pretty bad drought over here as well, so I have to switch to a growing system that uses the least amount of water as soon as I can... Plants in fabric/smart pots tend to be extremely thirsty

Yea that is true about fabric pots they love to drink water. Funny you say its autum were your located make me feel better in way the spring is coming are way. I live deep up north so winter is a longer here for us usaly about month compared to big city. This morning it was -19 outside

Back
Top Bottom