The Smell of Hay?

budluv

I am one week from harvest and yesterday I chopped off a bud for reasons that are not really important right now

I've flushed my plants twice so far and I'm going to do it another 2-3 times before the week is up.

But anyways I've trimmed it and its been drying for 24 hours so far, I went in to check on it and it smells like hay??

I don't understand what I've done wrong!?!?
The bud was washed, trimmed, Placed on a hanger in a cool dark room and it smells like hay---- And this is some fruity as green we're talking about here...

Please advise

Re: The Smell of Hay!?!

When we started growing we had the same problem with a few of our crops. We were not letting it dry enough before starting the cure process. Also the cure process itself will help a lot with the smell. I would guess being as you only cut off one bud your kinda quick drying it and gonna burn it as soon as its dry enough, if this is the case it probably wont have the nicest taste and smell. When you do take the whole plant down let it dry untill the buds feel cripsy dry, once you throw it into a jar for curing it will moisten up again. hopefully it will produce a nicer smell for you.

Re: The Smell of Hay!?!

When we started growing we had the same problem with a few of our crops. We were not letting it dry enough before starting the cure process. Also the cure process itself will help a lot with the smell. I would guess being as you only cut off one bud your kinda quick drying it and gonna burn it as soon as its dry enough, if this is the case it probably wont have the nicest taste and smell. When you do take the whole plant down let it dry untill the buds feel cripsy dry, once you throw it into a jar for curing it will moisten up again. hopefully it will produce a nicer smell for you.

Well I cut it off because It has septoria on the leaves from heavy rain and that particular bud sugar leaves were turning yellow and dying off. So I cut it down and trimmed it yesterday.

I honestly didn't plan on Quick drying it, I planed to give it about 4-5 days drying time. I went to check on it this morning and it smelled like Hay... It is crispy dry already though?

Never had hay smell from a fresh plant. Did you pump too much nitrogen or phosphorus into the soil? If you did, there's an answer.

Relax and take a toke that is normal. That's just the chlorophyll going through the drying process one of the major reason you cure. The smell of hay is different from when its cut to when its baled to a few months sitting in the hay barn. Hay goes through a drying process before its baled then needs to be cured as well. Have quite a few harvest under my belt and that's a normal thing esp when smoked or tasted with in the first 72 hours from chop.

Hay smell, for one to much nitrogen in plant,start flushing sooner, ph water,wait for leaves to yellow. I prefer a dehumidifier at 40% rh for 4 days, buds are at 60% humidity on inside,the branches crackel when snapped, cut and jar and burp them, i never have a problem with dank smell, i dont use co2 last weeks of flower to stop veg cycle.

Back
Top Bottom