The Stanks Do Stankberry & DTF

Stunning plants Van! I'm already worried that I won't be able to carry around the DTF come fall that I've got in the solo cup now. It looks like 100% stretch on that strain. :eek:
Thanks Shed!!

The DTFs haven't really stretched much for me personally. I am seeing a fair bit on the big girl. She has stretched about 5 inches in 7 days of flip so far. I am only looking for another 5-7 inches of stretch from her. The DTF #2 (stress test girl) didn't stretch much at all and DTF #4 (the one grown naturally with no topping) didn't stretch much at all.

Its the Stankberry girls you have to watch out for Shed....they are the wild ones.

You should be fine brother. I have a clone of the Stankberry #3 that I am growing right now that I am training out flat and wider to see what that does to the stretch. She has about another week and I will up pot and get ready to flip.

Have you ever put a Stankberry in a srog?
Not yet....but that is essentially what I do with my low and wide training.....just without the net (and hope that the training strengthens them up enough to hold the colas up). Bend em up a lot when they are small and it really strengthens them up nicely. Gotta replicate the wind beating the hell out them if you have any hopes of having them strong enough to support themselves.

Haven't done the stankberry yet, maybe next grow

Love the DTF, still debating on tossing two into this grow group
I love the DTF smoke. I find its becoming my preferred daytime smoke. I have to force myself to choose another strain lately. Like a few minutes ago...I was going to go with the DTF but I forced myself to go with the Amherst Sour Diesel.

The DTF is great for when I want to get stuff done. I stay clear headed, focused, pain free and don't really care what I am doing, I seem to have a good time if I am digging 35" deep post holes, swinging on grape vines as I try to wrestle them off the trees, rake up 4 seasons of leaves, lug tons of rocks around back yard......I love doing it all. Really haven't smoked it and just sat and relaxed yet. One time I will do that....try to sit and relax and evaluate the high. I really couldn't give you a smoke report on it on than to say I have DTF to thank for all the stuff I have gotten done outside this year and I reach for it out of probably 10-12 sativa strains I have in my cabinet. I am glad I took a clone of this one just in case the others don't have that same type of high. If they don't have the same effect, this one will get moved into my personal stash and won't be shared as freely as the other strains LOL.

Not yet....but that is essentially what I do with my low and wide training.....just without the net (and hope that the training strengthens them up enough to hold the colas up). Bend em up a lot when they are small and it really strengthens them up nicely. Gotta replicate the wind beating the hell out them if you have any hopes of having them strong enough to support themselves.
Thanks, I can't wait for fall!
On another front. I had a cut of strawberry cough in a 1 gal pot that grew out looking so fine I decided to grow it. That's the one I had the trouble with being sensitive last grow if you remember you brought the answer to my problem to the table which was to be gentile with feedings and plenty of calcium. She grew perfectly in the 1 gal pot. Lots of awesome structure we look for. Just perfect so I put her in a 5 gal pot and in a few days she's back to ugly like her mother. I'll give her a few more days to figure the new soil out I guess. If she doesn't turn around on her own I'll give her the heave ho. If she does recover, do you have any ideas other than just keep watering to keep her healthy? May have some t-plant shock although it went smoothly.

I love the DTF smoke. I find its becoming my preferred daytime smoke. I have to force myself to choose another strain lately. Like a few minutes ago...I was going to go with the DTF but I forced myself to go with the Amherst Sour Diesel.

The DTF is great for when I want to get stuff done. I stay clear headed, focused, pain free and don't really care what I am doing, I seem to have a good time if I am digging 35" deep post holes, swinging on grape vines as I try to wrestle them off the trees, rake up 4 seasons of leaves, lug tons of rocks around back yard......I love doing it all. Really haven't smoked it and just sat and relaxed yet. One time I will do that....try to sit and relax and evaluate the high. I really couldn't give you a smoke report on it on than to say I have DTF to thank for all the stuff I have gotten done outside this year and I reach for it out of probably 10-12 sativa strains I have in my cabinet. I am glad I took a clone of this one just in case the others don't have that same type of high. If they don't have the same effect, this one will get moved into my personal stash and won't be shared as freely as the other strains LOL.

That report was good enough. Makes me wanna pop some DTF but I’m too full right now :/

DTF #1 Flip Day 24 (Pics Taken on the 21st)

Big girl is leading off. She's been fun trying to figure out watering wise. She's been getting 4 gallons on watering days and I have been reducing the number of days by 1 each cycle. She started off with 10 days between watering and went 9 last time. Hardly had any run off from those 4 gallons after 9 days so will be dropping down to 8 days and see how those same 4 gallons do.

I rotate her 90 degrees counter clockwise each day to keep her colas from growing towards the moving light. Seems to be working well and she is a very stout girl. Hoping she will hold her strength the entire flower cycle.

Gonna give her a full dose of ACT on her next water day (Monday) and see if we can't get that dirt going and full of life. All in all, very pleased with her.

DTF #2 (Flip Day 47)

Up next is our formerly stressed out girl who is turning into a straight up prom queen. She is getting sexy sexy sexy here in the back half of flower. I love her spiral colas and they are really starting to bulk up and pack on the trichomes. Smells are very similar to the DTF#4 in that they are mostly fuel scented.

She is up for watering today but is waiting for tonight's batch of ACT to finish brewing. She's getting a nice dose of ACT made with EWC, Kelp meal, and Seabird guano. I don't do a real long brew time on my flower ACT....maybe 12-14 hours. Hoping to kick that soil activity into high gear for the last 4 weeks of flower. I expect her to go 70-75 days, possibly 80 but she could surprise me and finish a bit earlier.

If her buds get real dense, like they are doing, I may take her closer to 70 days to keep her from getting any budrot.

I gotta say....its a pretty strain to grow so far. The untopped #4 had a MASSIVE apical bud. These two are really nice as well. Your wife likes Sativas, she will probably love this one. Its my favorite if I need to be productive. I am guessing its great for pain too because I don't hurt while I work after smoking it (for up to 3 hours...after that I have to smoke again cause the pain seeps back into the picture)

Back
Top Bottom