The Stanks Do Stankberry & DTF

Beauties you have there Van! I’ll definitely be running the DTF and probably the Stankberry probably early fall. Thought about maybe running a few outdoors before that. I have access to a farm that I could possibly do a little guerilla growing on. I’ll have to scout it out here pretty soon. But I really want to try to quadline a couple in the tent when time comes! Hope I can do them justice!

Looking forward to seeing them grown in the kit or outdoors brother. I was squeezing DTF #4, the one in flower and I have never seen a main cola this dense. Its legitimately approaching a 1 Liter bottle size cola right now and its rock solid. If I didn't have the dehumidifier running I would be worried about bud rot. I tried to snap a couple pictures right at lights out, but it didn't turn out as well as I wanted.

DTF #4 Flip Day 67

This week's updates start off with the flowering DTF girl. She continues to bulk up. We had a major collapse of her earlier in the week. I have her on dolly with another plant and went to roll her closer so I could water them. I was watering the African Meltdown next to her and when I finished and sat up, the DTF cola had flopped over past the point of being parallel to the ground. :eek:

I staked her up to one bamboo stake and by the end of the day it was starting to fall over. I had to add a 2nd stake and now she seems to be holding up well.

She is turning into a solid plant of bud. Even her lowers, are almost all pure buds. Very little space on the stems that isn't holding a bud. All her branches are starting flop under the weight so I am expecting some great buds and a nice yield for the size of the plant. Her main cola is incredibly dense and still worries me regarding bud rot.

Her leaves continue to hold good health even this late in flower. I have no clue how long its going to take for her to finish but I think I will cut a tester tonight to try in a few days. She is still throwing out white pistils up top. I haven't looked at any of the trichomes on her but I will when I chop the tester. I am guessing she will go at least 80-85 days.....or more :hmmmm:

The first 4 pics are inside the tent. Its really had to get decent pictures in there.....all the rest are outside of the tent. Cheers

Thanks brother. Very pleased with how she is growing. Again my only concern with her is the density and size of the main cola. I can't but help fear getting bud rot in that massive thing.

DTF #1 Veg Day 90

Here is our short and wide DTF girl! We love em in all shapes and sizes as long as those sizes are usually XL! This one won't be an XL but she will have a nice canopy when she is flipped. She got a late veg top dressing a couple days ago. She will go another 2 weeks or so and get up potted and ready to flipped.

DTF #2 Veg Day 90

Here is one of our stress test girls. We threw everything but hot temps at her (just not happening this time of the year here LOL) to include growing on cold concrete (56-58 degrees), bad lighting, no feedings, lots of fungus gnats, and we kept her in a half gallon pot all the way up until last night when we transplanted her to a 2 gallon in a fresh batch of Stank Soil that just finished cooking. All of this stress testing was done to see if it will invoke nanners or cause her to hermie.

We are going to give her 2-4 weeks to get healthy and get some nice roots and then we will up pot her to a 7 gallon and flip her.

Solid R and D Van.

Looking forward to seeing them grown in the kit or outdoors brother. I was squeezing DTF #4, the one in flower and I have never seen a main cola this dense. Its legitimately approaching a 1 Liter bottle size cola right now and its rock solid. If I didn't have the dehumidifier running I would be worried about bud rot. I tried to snap a couple pictures right at lights out, but it didn't turn out as well as I wanted.
I witnessed it! It's bigger than my forearm, and I'm 270 lbs of solid muscle! :rolleyes:

DTF #4 Harvest (Day 80)

The maiden grow on this strain has come to an end. We chopped her last night. We were going to do the African Meltdown but as we got to looking at this one, we saw a bit of bud rot on the main cola despite running the dehumidifier and several fans. The RH in the flower tent was staying low enough that I can't blame that. Its just the density and size of that freaking cola that caused it.

I won't say how much of the main cola had it but lets say Stank was bit depressed over it last night. I KNEW it was a risk and I have been watching it closely as I could....but shit happens to us all. Like my old man says....can't win em all, just gotta win more than you lose!

Still we are incredibly impressed with how this girl grew. I am putting together a summary of the DTF grow that I will post over on the DTF thread with lessons learned on this strain. There were a few things that were very impressive about how this pheno grew. One was the compact size. She stayed short and very manageable for a sativa. The density of the nugs. When I say that main cola was dense...it doesn't paint a clear picture. Everything I grow denses up greatly under the Fluence Spydrx Plus.....but this plant took it to a whole different level....almost to the point I wonder if its going to make it hard to smoke.

Next was the health of the plant. She never ate herself....even when we chopped her at 80 days. All her leaves were still shiny and healthy green. Its probably the best looking plant on chop day we have run. I wish I knew why she stayed that way and didn't eat her leaves like most strains do in my soil.

Last thing I really loved about her was her structure relative to bud to leaf ratio. She is an all bud plant. There was very little trimming that needed to be done. On top of that....look at her lower branches. There is very little bare branch on her. Almost all her branch surface area was covered in buds. Assuming the smoke stays on par with the tester I smoked.....we definitely have a winner here. Glad I have a clone of her going!

Her overall harvest counting the main cola was 475 grams wet which will equate to about 4 zips dried when all said and done. Very good numbers....especially considering the shorter veg time and smaller pot in conjunction with no training.

Thanks Otter.....it hurt but I knew it was a threat. One of the dangers of growing incredibly dense and big buds. This pheno my be better suited to be topped instead of going natural.

Dtf finished up gorgeous stanks! I didnt notice you started another thread for your genetics till now, great idea though. :thumb:
Im sure youve answered this already but im curious, what does DTF taste and smell like? Anywho great job to you guys as usual!!!:morenutes::goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom