The Stanks Do Stankberry & DTF

Incredible plant. Real shame about the bud rot. I can only imagine what she would do mainlined. Are you going to be flowering out the clone in this journal?

That late post was the result of a LONG day of harvests. I don't think we finished up on the ASD until about 1am. It was a long day! I wish it was from smoking that girl!

Speaking of that....I smoked some more of the DTF yesterday while harvesting. She was very nice. I got about a 3 hour high from the tester nug which is very good. I usually get about an hour to an hour and a half off testers so our baseline is looking very good to start.

The high was a very pleasant easy going sativa with good pain killing power on neck and back area. She wasn't overpowering (code for racing heart, or any anxiety) and was a very pleasant energetic but easy going enjoyable high. I am very excited to see how she cures out.

Incredible plant. Real shame about the bud rot. I can only imagine what she would do mainlined. Are you going to be flowering out the clone in this journal?
I will flower out all our genetics in this journal for anyone interested in following along without the banter in the normal journal. She is finishing up revegging right now....and starting to grow somewhat normal.

DTF Veg Day 27

Got these 4 up potted yesterday morning and they are already getting happy in their new homes. I did a sex check yesterday and nothing is showing for sure but its looking like one leaning towards being a girl, one a boy and two that aren't showing squat. I will give them a few days and take another look.

Overall they are all growing very nicely and will be topped tomorrow or Wednesday. They all continue to grow very similar with the slight exception of #4 who is a little less than half an inch shorter than the other three. Looking foward to see how they all react to their toppings. Cheers!!!

DTF #1

DTF #2

DTF #3

DTF #4

Family Day

Stankberry Veg Day 28

Got these up potted 2 days ago. We did a quick sexing of them and its looking like #1 and #4 are boys and the two mutants are girls....#2, and #3. Very pleased with that. The pics suck this time around, so hopefully next time they will be better. Giving them another day before topping them back down to the 4th or 5th nodes

Stankberry #1

Stankberry #2

Stankberry #3

Stankberry #4

Family Day

Its been 100% for me. If it looks like a cone shell or a butt plug, its a girl. Generally it will have a single hair growing out of the tip of the cone shell shaped pre-flower. If there is no hair, wait 2 days and check again and the hair will usually be there.

If it looks like a ball being held by a bird talon, its a boy. Won't matter how long you wait, it doesn't really change its appearance until its ready to start making pollen sacs.

The last picture of Stankberry #4 is a tough one. I looked more boy like initially but when we checked the next day, I wasn't so sure....seems like its making me wait for it. If its a girl, it will throw a hair out of there in the next day or two.....otherwise it is likely the boy we thought it was initially. Hoping its a boy really, its the slowest grower out of the 4 Stankberry and 4 DTF plants, so I can cull it for some space. I am keeping Stankberry #1 to see if he is going to be a suitable male to try some F2s with.

Only missed the start of this journal by a cpl months..beautiful looking plants mr.Stank those leaves are something else on both Stankberry and DTF....very impressive....

Very good info on determining sex thank you kindly....

When I first joined I think it was when you were starting the Stankberry project if I remeber correctly...haha

Yeah I believe that was about right. I harvested those plants in December of 2017, and I popped the first seed from that either in late January or early Feb. I have about 2-4 more bowls worth of Stankberry that I have left from that plant, so I am being very sparing with it now. So glad I have two plants of it going right now....its still honestly one of my favorite hybrids if not THE favorite. The balance is amazing. Neither one overpowers the other and you are able to still enjoy both the Sativa effects and Indica effects at the same time. No crash at all from it.....potency is there, smells are amazing, taste is great.

That late post was the result of a LONG day of harvests. I don't think we finished up on the ASD until about 1am. It was a long day! I wish it was from smoking that girl!

Speaking of that....I smoked some more of the DTF yesterday while harvesting. She was very nice. I got about a 3 hour high from the tester nug which is very good. I usually get about an hour to an hour and a half off testers so our baseline is looking very good to start.

The high was a very pleasant easy going sativa with good pain killing power on neck and back area. She wasn't overpowering (code for racing heart, or any anxiety) and was a very pleasant energetic but easy going enjoyable high. I am very excited to see how she cures out.
Sounds great! The high you describe is why Durban & ATF are two of my fave strains! Awesome work.

Grow on!

Yeah I believe that was about right. I harvested those plants in December of 2017, and I popped the first seed from that either in late January or early Feb. I have about 2-4 more bowls worth of Stankberry that I have left from that plant, so I am being very sparing with it now. So glad I have two plants of it going right now....its still honestly one of my favorite hybrids if not THE favorite. The balance is amazing. Neither one overpowers the other and you are able to still enjoy both the Sativa effects and Indica effects at the same time. No crash at all from it.....potency is there, smells are amazing, taste is great.

I found your insta thread last night as I follow a cpl local growers here at home, very nice mr.Stank....
I was sitting here last night while browsing and kept wondering how a landrace sativa would of done in your cross.
That Stankberry must've been a helluva of a potent meds if you still have a cpl bowls left.....

Its funny.....my buddy who writes some smoke reports for me and has been smoking for 20+ years came over to smoke the first tester of that harvest. We stepped outside and smoked a bowl together and came back inside and was hanging for a bit and chatting with Ms Stank. I looked at him about 45 min later and he looked BLAZED!!! Still to this day I think its the most stoned look I have seen on his face. Its his favorite hybrid out of over 125 strains he has tried. It tested at 21.5 or something there abouts....so its got some potency to it.

Really for me, when I got down to a really low level, its become a special occasion strain. I only light up a bowl every few weeks......and it hits like truck because you have no tolerance to it. Then you know you can't smoke it again for a few weeks....makes ya want it even more. For me its just a great all around strain....the hard hitting sativa side of the ATF (You feel on exhale) and that gives you nice little electric ride for about 15 minutes until your body really relaxes and develops a nice relaxed buzz. But the buzz doesn't over power the sativa....just balances it out.

I gave Stone Otter a nug of it.....don't know if he has smoked it yet.

Stankberry Update

Been doing a little experimentation with one of the Stankberry plants I have sitting around. I have been putting this one outside of the bulkhead at about 10am (when the temps get over 32 degrees) and leaving it in the sun until about 6pm in the evening. Today marked day 4 of this and plant seems to be loving the sun. Its grown more in the last 4 days than in the previous week or more, despite the temps not having reached 50 degrees yet. The Temp pic is at after 2pm so its still been staying cool all day.

I am hoping to work this strain down a bit on flowering times and up on cold and mold resistance. Just curious to see how this one would respond to the cooler temps. I would love to get a strain that would finish outdoors up here.

Stankberry Update

Been doing a little experimentation with one of the Stankberry plants I have sitting around. I have been putting this one outside of the bulkhead at about 10am (when the temps get over 32 degrees) and leaving it in the sun until about 6pm in the evening. Today marked day 4 of this and plant seems to be loving the sun. Its grown more in the last 4 days than in the previous week or more, despite the temps not having reached 50 degrees yet. The Temp pic is at after 2pm so its still been staying cool all day.

I am hoping to work this strain down a bit on flowering times and up on cold and mold resistance. Just curious to see how this one would respond to the cooler temps. I would love to get a strain that would finish outdoors up here.

I had 14 plants vegging indoors, relocated 6 outdoors and in 4-5 days they've surpassed the girls indoors in growth by a long way....

Back
Top Bottom