The Stanks Do Stankberry & DTF

DTF #1 Veg Day 154

Its been a few weeks since we posted an update on this girl. She is finally getting to be what I wanted her to be. There has been a lot of time spent on the training with this girl. With the exception of the week to 10 days of harvesting we did....I generally try to do pinching, bending and twisting on her at least 2 times a day. I try to do it in the morning and before bed time.

She is getting about the size i wanted to have before flipping. The goal was to be able to fill up a 4x4 tent with this girl. She currently sits at about 43" across and about 19" tall. She is currently in a 5 gallon pot but will be getting up potted to her final 25 gallon pot in a week or so.

I can't say that this particular DTF was the most fond of the more aggressive training I have been doing...especially when they were younger, but she seems to be loving it now.

The plan here going forward is a bit more pinching, bending and twisting, but its mostly going to be letting the middle start showing the dominant shoots. I will cut off a lot of the stuff in the middle once I can see which shoots I am going to keep. Goal will be fill the middle and keep the canopy nice and flat. All the actual 'main' shoots are all on the outer edge of the plant. No clue how many tops there will end up being, but I can assure you that there will be a lot.

Hmmmm.... Impressive Stank, 154 into vegging.. Don't see that much around here... LOL .. Looking good bud, I will be sending you a PM later with a few last minute questions about some gear... Green days...
Thank Hacker....the goal was to bring her out close to filling a 4x4 by herself. With all the bending and twisting and recovering from that bending and twisting, she has taken a while. I wanted a very specific frame to her.....took longer than I though LOL.

Well I have thought about the logistics. I am not going lift that 25 gallon pot and carry it.....so we will have her on a dolly. The side of big 10x10 looks like it fully opens so I think I can just roll it into the tent without having to lift her. I don't think she will fit through the regular flap....way too wide. There she will stay unless its to move her for a photo op!

Well I have thought about the logistics. I am not going lift that 25 gallon pot and carry it.....so we will have her on a dolly. The side of big 10x10 looks like it fully opens so I think I can just roll it into the tent without having to lift her. I don't think she will fit through the regular flap....way too wide. There she will stay unless its to move her for a photo op!
Sounds like a plan. She's going to live it up in the 25.

:slide: :nomo: Future customer of that! For sure!

Big 4x4 bound DTF looks fantastic VS :thumb:
Thanks Amy! Very pleased with the training on this one as well as her cooperating for 150 days without throwing a single hissy fit.

I am trying to think in terms of potential future growers up here. Lots of folks are finding out growing indoors is a pain in the ass and costly in terms of start up and electricity costs. But the sun is free....but very short lived up here and most strains don't stand a chance. But if I can get this thing down in flowering times, it could be met with great thanks by the outdoor growers. Need her to earlier in the season and finish faster.

She is picking up the pace as she is growing faster. Thats one of the reasons i have been trying to master keeping them in smaller pots for longer....lets me shape em. Tough to do that with a plant in a 5 gallon pot....they grow fast! She is drinking about a gallon every 3 days right now. I haven't looked at her roots but imagine she is filling that bucket pretty good. I have a couple batches of soil going right now that I am waiting on to up pot her. We have about a week left. Looking forward to seeing what she is going to do going from 5 to 25 gallons.

DTF #1 Veg Day 162

Did a major trim on this girl today. Its official......she is where I want her size and shape wise. We will up potting her this weekend into her permanent 25 gallon pot. I have been really worried about her not getting infected with any of mites but I checked another 25 leaves or so and haven't seen anything.

Gave this girl a gallon of water with a splash of fish emulsion fertilizer. Will be doing a foliar IPM spray tomorrow.

She is measuring right about 44" across and she is standing about 18" tall.....Short and squat like we planned. The first couple pics are before her haircut. The others are all post trim. Cheers!

DTF #2 Update

Remember the girl I was stress training?

Well the last update was after we up potted her from the half gallon pot into the 2 gallon pot back in January. Well she has been doing her thang and I figured I would drop an update to show how she's doing. We will be up potting her and flipping her this week. She has recovered very well and looks great. Interested to see how she turns out. Hope that there won't be any nanners!

DTF #1 Up Pot Day Veg Day 168

Had an unexpected delay getting this girl up potted. I discovered I didn't have a tray big enough to set her in. Had to do some digging around and Ms Stank remembered we had a tray we got from Vex that might work. Sure enough it works....but we missed the wet/dry cycle so had to wait for her to dry out again.

Got her up potted to the 25 gallon pot. Man thats a lot of soil! Hope she likes her new home! Still need to water her but going to wait for Ms Stank to get home and help me move her back into the veg tent. Going to give her 7-10 days to get used to her pot and spread her roots a bit before flipping her. Exciting times ahead!

Back
Top Bottom