George Mc

Hello 420, I'm getting this journal started early, the grow won't start for another couple of weeks. But here's the setup that I'm going to be using.

A closet that measures 5x5.
A 6in extractor fan with carbon filter and rheostat.
One 8in oscillating fan on the floor.
Fox Farm ocean forest soil with 20% perlite added.
Fox Farm Trio nutrients and Cal Mag.
4x 5 gallon plastic buckets.
2x 1000 watt blurple LED (780 at wall)
Well water with 345 PPM. Will bounce between 6.3 and 6.8 pH to take advantage of all nutrients.
I have quite a few seeds coming but not sure which strains I'm going to run as of now.

I've been working on my grow room today. Had to cut some holes in the door and put vent covers on the door and then put breathable fabric inside the door to block light and catch dust. We'll see how that works in time. Here's a couple pictures, I hung a new LED light which is identical to my other one. Both are rated at a 1000 Watts blurple. I borrowed a kilowatt meter and one light pulls 400 watts and the other light pulls 380 Watts. I've been fooling around with the timer for the lights, that little timer is a pain in the ass. I don't mind the mechanical simple timers but when the electricity goes out the timer stops and throws off the settings. The one I've used on the last Grow and on my next one is an electronic timer which has battery backup.
I still have to tie up the chords to get those out of the way and put down a tarp on the floor to protect the carpet. Getting closer by the day just waiting on seeds now.

20190330_171940.jpg
20190330_172729.jpg
20190330_172741.jpg
20190330_171949.jpg

My seeds are supposed to be here next week. I am really chomping at the bit to get started. I read this forum every morning and every evening and during the day during my breaks. Everybody else is having fun except me. LOL

My seeds showed up early from Seedsman. I have CBD OG Kush, Candida CD 1, White Widow feminized, Durban Poison feminized, Amnesia feminized, Amnesia fast feminized, and a couple freebies which are autos. I really only have room for 4 plants.

I plan on starting one White Widow, one Durban Poison, one OG Kush, and one Candida.

I will start germinating tomorrow so if I'm lucky maybe they'll go into soil on Monday or Tuesday.

I tried to buy some Fox Farm ocean forest soil today and the dude said they were out and was hard to get some more because there was probably a huge purchase from somebody like Home Depot which took away all the stock. Anyway I ended up purchasing this soil in the picture, he said it was very similar to Ocean Forest without as much nitrogen. Someone please tell me I made a good purchase or a bad purchase.
20190406_153927.jpg

I put my seeds in cups of water yesterday and 12 hours later they were all sunk. So I just put them on a plate with paper towels on a heating pad. I'll bet I have tap roots by late tonight or in the morning. I have to get some type of soil today so I can get them planted. I've never done the Solo Cup but I'm going to do it this time because I'm waiting on Fox Farm ocean forest soil to be delivered. The Solo cups will buy me three or four weeks I guess.

Short update. All four of the seeds are showing taproots. Unfortunately they're a little short still so I won't be able to put them in soil for another 8 or 12 hours. I stopped by a local hardware store and picked up some Miracle Grow potting soil with low fertilizer in it. I'm going to use this in the Solo cups until my oceanforest arrives. A tip to anybody, try not to wait till the last minute to gather your grow items, I did and it bit me in the ass on this soil. Hopefully everything will be fine in the long run.

I want to add one more thing, this is my fourth or fifth time to germinate seeds and this time I'm using a heating pad. I know this heating pad is really speeding up the process from past attempts. I remember people talking about heating pads I thought there was a special one for germinating seeds which there might be, but I use one that I've had around for 20 years for my back. I keep the setting on low which was still a little warm so I put a hand towel between the pad and the plate. I will do this for now on.

I just put all four seeds in soil and wet down the soil. I have it under 200 actual watts of veg light at about 2 1/2 or 3 ft. Does this seem about the right distance? I know it's a blurple light so hopefully Chris Scorpio won't nail me on it. LOL

20190408_143953.jpg

I just took a look in the Solo cups. Three of the four are above ground, just barely though. No sign of the Durban Poison yet. Hopefully after work it'll be showing that Smiley little face.

I just put all four seeds in soil and wet down the soil. I have it under 200 actual watts of veg light at about 2 1/2 or 3 ft. Does this seem about the right distance? I know it's a blurple light so hopefully Chris Scorpio won't nail me on it. LOL

20190408_143953.jpg
I just sprayed my little seedlings with my spray bottle and almost knocked one of the cups off the bucket. I'm going to get a drink caddy from McDonald's today and that'll help stabilize those.

Go George, nice strains and a disco light to boot. Hehe.
Have you ever tried coco mate... Its never too late to come over to the good side of the force.....
Set up is,looking good.

Go George, nice strains and a disco light to boot. Hehe.
Have you ever tried coco mate... Its never too late to come over to the good side of the force.....
Set up is,looking good.
I actually purchased two bags of Coco a few days ago without knowing it. I returned it to the store and now I'm waiting on my fox farm ocean Forest. I know everybody says Coco is great and it probably is but I don't want to spend got much time tending to my plants. The way my setup is made it's kind of a hassle in my house. I'm sure in the future I'll try it , but not right now.

The Durban Poison seed I planted in the Solo Cup has not come up yet so I'm germinating another one. If the original one does emerge then I guess I'll have two Durban Poison plants giving me a total of 5 plants if things work out, I guess I could live with that. If seeds weren't so expensive I probably germinate two of each and throw away the ones that don't look right or wouldn't fit in my closet.

It looks like the second Durban Poison seed I germinated died. I have now put the third one in water and hoping I can take this one all the way to a Seedling. :(

I purchased 5 Durban Poison seeds from seedsman and I'm not sure if any of them are going to germinate. The first three did not and I'll know by tomorrow if the last two will or will not. Do they have some type of germination guarantee?

Back
Top Bottom