Today I transferred my Solo cups into their final pot which is a 5 gallon bucket. I'm following the idea from someone else on this site where I put a lot of cuts into the sides of the Solo Cup and I'm planting it that way.

Three seedlings are 11 days old and four seedlings are 7 days old.

20190421_173245.jpg

The older I get the more I like being by myself. I went out to a nice place tonight to eat steak with a couple friends and I hated the whole experience because it was so loud I couldn't hardly hear and the sun was glaring through the windows at me so I couldn't hardly see. I have more fun hanging out alone with my dog then going out with people.

Im the same way. You spend so long wanting attention and realize one day your better off doing your own thing.

Hey George do you leave the solo cups in the soil?
yes I leave the cups in the soil. This is the first time I've done this, someone from this site told me to try it this way that it works great. Each solo cup has at least 10 cuts to let Roots through. If it doesn't work I'm going to be pretty pissed off. LOL

Did they say why it works great?
I guess it's like those peat moss starter pods. The seedling won't go through shock of being transplanted

With all the buckets in there,I can see that the room is going to be plenty big for 7 plants-even when they start to get big,there should be enough "elbow room" for all of them.
It almost looks like you could do 9 in there if you wanted to...

With all the buckets in there,I can see that the room is going to be plenty big for 7 plants-even when they start to get big,there should be enough "elbow room" for all of them.
It almost looks like you could do 9 in there if you wanted to...
NOOOOOOOOOO! LOL I'm not very agile like I used to be 20 years ago so it's going to be difficult maneuvering around inside there feeding and watering and pruning and doing all that s***. I'm hoping I don't have to cull any of these seven but you never know. I don't want it to feel like work I want it to be enjoyable, or why do it.

I know what you mean-I don't have "fork lift arms" like when I was younger- and
I know a wet 5 gallon bucket is a bit on the heavy side.
At least there's room in there for you to stand up to move them around-it'll save the ol' back...

I know what you mean-I don't have "fork lift arms" like when I was younger- and
I know a wet 5 gallon bucket is a bit on the heavy side.
At least there's room in there for you to stand up to move them around-it'll save the ol' back...
Don't forget about the lights. LOL
20190422_141808.jpg

I did forget about them.....Better put on a hardhat.....;)

The oldest seedlings are 14 days old now so I flipped on the bloom switches. That closet is now receiving 780 actual watts of blurple phaser Photon torpedo power. LOL I will probably start watering the entire bucket tonight or tomorrow.

So how are they liking their new home....are they growing like weeds? ;)

So how are they liking their new home....are they growing like weeds? ;)
The oldest four seedlings are 16 days old and the other three are 12 days old. The close-up picture is the largest seedling.
20190426_170518.jpg
20190426_170504.jpg

Back
Top Bottom