The SuperCrop Experiment

Does supercropping increase bud size?

• Total voters
I agree with spliphmaster it's unanswerable some strains grow a lot better when trained or fim or supercropped some grow better left alone. that's why in info about seeds it says good for sea of green or good for scrog and stuff like that. I also agree with racefan on the root mass= yield. i noticed the plant with the smaller root system was in a 5 gallon bucket. If the one with a larger root mass was also grown in a 5 gallon bucket then it was the bucket holding back the plant. More root mass in the bucket makes less space in it for water. So it was pulling more of the total % of nutes it wanted out the bucket faster than the one with smaller root mass. I think i said that right, if it doesn't make sense or is confusing. Sorry :(

Although supercropping may not make buds bigger as some are saying, I was under the impression that it gives the plant the potential to host larger buds due to increased strength.

Tobiherbe what is the reason you want to super crop now? I have always done it during veg and would be slightly scared to stress the plant into fixing itself while it is really suppose to be putting that energy into fat bud production. just my opinion but hope all goes well!:goodluck:

A very important reason why the results of the tests were not impressive is that you did the supercropping in flower!! It is supposed to be done in veg only, not during flower!! You didnt give the plants enough time to benefit from the larger stalks (passage ways for nutrients), if anything all you did was stress and stunt them a bunch in flower.

Question can i supercrop in flowerin stage im 2 weeks in flowering

Hey fellow grower just seen this post and said i would give my two cents on it : I would not recommend super cropping 2 weeks into flowering. In my honest opinion i found that all changes to the plants structure ie. topping bending pruning atc. should be done in the vegetative cycle and then give them a good healthy dose of nutrients and some T.L.C afterwards as this cause alot of stress to the plant. Hope it helps !!:420:

Hey guys, I am growing my 1st plant and the seed is just bagweed. I have been reading all over internet and youtube trying to educate myself,. Wow, there is a lot that I have to learn and understand., but honestly I am confused about a lot of stuff. I am learning a lot on here. Can anyone tell me diff in fim, topping, and LST. I am a 50 yr. old grandma on disability trying to save money by growing it . I would like to put pics of my one and only plant ...she's was germinated on May 9. Thanks for all your info and advice.....

Hi there,

First time in the boards. Sorry if I'm reviving an old thread (mods:I have my own experiment and conclusions. Just adding something not discussed already) but I'm growing for the first time although I've been in contact with growers for some time and learning some tips. Most of them are not versed in cannabis in particular but farming in general. They recognize topping and FIM'ing but most don't know about LST and HST. Regarding my experience, and after using some tips, I've applied both, LST on the main branch and HST on secondary branches. I understand both are super cropping techniques. Two similar plants were used. One with LST+HST, the other left alone. The results are mixed. Net weight is almost the same but there's a clear difference on potency. LST+HST plant is more potent.

Bottom line, bud size doesn't tell the whole story. Super cropped plant is, as it seems, more potent. In fact, I always thought yield is about the same but when LST+HST is applied, THC production is increased.

Mind you this is anecdotal evidence but, nevertheless and subjective as it seems, I find it interesting.

Cheers,
maia

p.s.: Sorry for poor english, not native.

Back
Top Bottom