The THCV unicorn in Indica or hybrid

As it turns out, you may be in luck. I got a poster of the Therapeutic Uses of Cannabinoids from Weedmaps yesterday at a dispensary. On it it lists that CBN is good for insomnia, pain, slows bacteria growth, helps with muscle spasms, and (get this) is good for appetite suppression. So it is like THCV to suppress appetite, but w/o the speed. So think you want older well cured weed with CBN in it. My brother noticed it the other day, that the weed that we grew here last year is mellowing nicely. I have noticed that OG Kush is getting better a year later.

Hmmm .... now that is an interesting set of parameters ... I'll have to see if I read up more about that. Thanks

:laughtwo: Gotta love the "laws" ... I've seen them interpreted in so many ways, but I know how to read them correctly.

When I say growing outdoors, it looks like it will be in my greenhouse; likely in 10gal pots (or similar). I was gonna play with a few autos over this fall/winter to get some of the inevitable "learning about growing cannabis" under my belt. Then move on to an outdoor growing operation in a greenhouse, weather permitting next spring. I don't really have a good area (nor funds) to set up a tent/lights/humidity/temp control/filtering etc. insight my house. sigh ...

I know that I can only have 3/6 plants flowering at one time per person, so I should be able to have up to 6 plants flowering/producing at any one time for the two of us. It would be nice to be able to have some backup plants for those times that plants die, get diseased, or whatever. With feminized seeds, I should be able to keep some plants from producing ... right?

Ah, I see, GH... 'indoors'. Not 'outdoors'. Amusing hair splitting of laws. No laws here in Oregon about where we can grow Cannabis other than they have to be out of sight from "unaided public view". Meaning no telescopes or binoculars used to see them, and your neighbors can see them in your back yard here. In California you can grow outside if they are secure behind a locked fence, or indoors. A lot of munis there have also banned outdoor growing. In Washington state home grows are banned, but you can grow 4 plants with just an Rx from any doctor there as 'medical MJ'.

Since you can have 6 mature and 6 immature plants, you can always have 6 clones rooting and ready to replace any that die or that are harvested. It is rare for me to have a mature Cannabis plant croak for any reason. Actually that has only happened when a deer ate some of my plants in California. And they still came back from the stalks. If you use refined Neem oil you can control pests and powdery mildew pretty easy, and spray it as a preventative.

As for feminized seeds, I am not sure what you are referring to being able to keep them from producing? You mean seeds? Feminized seeds are seeds from a female that has been pollinated by a genetic female that has thrown a male pheno bloom with pollen that has only X (female) genes. So technically all the seeds will result in XX genetic females. However, and a BIG HOWEVER, the issue with fem seeds is that since one parent was a hermaphrodite, with both sexes shown, the offspring are more likely to carry the herm trait and be prone to herming as well (producing male flowers that pollinate the female flowers, or 'self pollinate'). Basically herms tend to beget more herms, unless they were hermed correctly by an outfit that knows how to do them. But herm genetics are so pervasive now that herms are pretty common these days, especially from strains that were S1 crosses at some point (like Chem Dog). You may think you are getting one thing, but it may actually force the opposite in nature at times.

And to follow up on that, if you use standard seed females, you generally get a female that will not herm nearly as often as a fem seed female. But then you have to grow more seeds and sex them, and toss the males. But there is less worry about herming later on. I use light dep to force bloom cuttings to show sex early. All you need for that is a light and a cheap timer and some water in a jar. Take some cuttings from a 2 foot+ immature plant and put them into water in the jar and put them in a closet with a light on a 12/12 plug in timer. In about 5 days they will start to bloom. Male of female. No real investment required. I use this method to sex my plants early if I am running seeds.

The other option is to run with clones. Clones are already sexed and rooted females, the strain is usually known, and generally they are always cut from plants that were grown from standard seeds. I have rarely had a clone herm on me. Like only once, and that was from severe plant stress.

I cannot help you with autos, but if they are in an unheated GH I do not see how you will be able to keep them from freezing in Colorado in late fall and winter.

Back
Top Bottom