The Top Ten Reasons Marijuana Should Be Legal

[/B]It's like everything else in this country. polititions, merchandising,laws, right or wrong its all about makeing money, or to protect ones self-interest, by stoping others from makeing money!

Seriously, if you think about it, it makes no sense for cannabis sativa or hemp to be illegal.

Think of one harmful effect it causes...I can't think of any seirous ones.

Some say it causes short-term memory loss. That may be true, but I've heard of studies where they conclude that the memory loss it creates is only while under the influence of THC.

OK, let's go with memory loss if we're going to be conservative. That's not that bad compared to the long list of side effects included in prescription drugs.

Also, its a wonder drug. People coping with conditions like stuttering, glaucoma, phantom pains, migraines, chemo-therapy, etc. find marijuana use to be extremely helpful. Why not let them get their medicine legally without having to drive to a dealer risking arrest and/or getting robbed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Forget the politicians, they're irrelevant. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice - you don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They've long since bought, and payed for the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets, and they own all the big media, so they control just about all the information you get. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying - lobbying, to get what they want.

Well we know what they want. They want more for themselves, and less for everybody else, but I'll tell you what they don't want - they don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that - that doesn't help them. That's against their interests. That's right. They don't want people that are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table, and think about how badly they're getting screwed by a system that threw them overboard 30 fucking years ago. They don't want that. You know what they want? Obedient workers - Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines, and do that paper work. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime, and vanishing pension that disappear the minute you go to collect it, and now they're coming for your social security money. They want your retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They'll get it - they'll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this place. It's a big club, and you aint in it. You, and I are not in The Big Club." - George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

R.I.P. George C....you'll be missed.
I knew when I started reading that, I had heard it before...Another fine soul on the side of righteousness.
It sent shivers down my spine when I turned on the boob tube this morning to see that he had died...God, I loved that guy. He made a lot of sense to a lot of people...myself included.

By the way PFlynn...Great post!!! You posted this before I joined the mag so I just saw it today...good stuff bro...and so so true!!!

Good post phish!

Yeah, goodbye George! I saw George give his big club presentation on TV. He had a funny way of approaching serious subjects.

Short term memory loss gets lessened if you have been using cannabis for a while. You kind get used to the affect. Still, some times...uh, er, dern! What wuz I gonna say?? :ganjamon:

Have a safe hempy green summer!!

mM

Re-reading the Carlin quote put up by phish just a couple posts above, WOW! was that statement prophetic or what??

I thought Bush was bad. Well, he was. Bush was terrible!! But I am shocked & awed by how quick BHO tripled the US deficit. US gov control of all the businesses BO has managed to grab is sooo UN-Constitutional. Boy was George right! They have most of it now. Gee, thanks Mr. Prez. BHO is Bush on steroids!!

So, when is the Prez gonna get on the RE-legalize program.
As I get back on topic track. There are still no sensible reasons hemp & cannabis should be illegal. There are hundreds, thousands, of reasons hemp & cannabis should be given back to the people.

Hope all is going well for every one. Hey you gorilla growers, June 21st just around the corner. Been checking for them males? Looking fer yer girls to start showing their peace sign--betcha have. Hope ya all have safe & big green summers.

mM

Back
Top Bottom