The ultimate grow room

ponyboy1973

I am the newbie..i have 14x11x8 room. Money is no issue but im only starting 5 fem. seeds. What is the ideal set up,..THE ULTIMATE GROW ROOM???
Please list all materials needed from medium to spectrum. Thanks..i know how to grow :yummy:but just need help on hardware and tools

Much Appreciated,

Ponyboy

I think I should split the room half veg, half flower

With all due respect, you are asking an unaswerable question. Everyone's idea of an ultimate grow room is going to differ. YOU have to decide how you want to go on everything from "medium to spectrum". YOU have to educate yourself about these things and how they apply to your situation. There is a HUGE amount of info on this site, please, start reading. Get some ideas and then ask your questions. People here are very eager and willing to help, but YOU have to do some of the legwork YOURSELF....

You are sooo right. I have done some legwork. I purchased the indoor grow bible by Goerge Cevantes, a great read by the way, and i have read grow journals. I was trying to get some great ideas by posting that thread..but i will hit the books a little harder...

thanks man

You are sooo right. I have done some legwork. I purchased the indoor grow bible by Goerge Cevantes, a great read by the way, and i have read grow journals. I was trying to get some great ideas by posting that thread..but i will hit the books a little harder...

thanks man

your on your way.....:grinjoint:

I am the newbie..i have 14x11x8 room. Money is no issue but im only starting 5 fem. seeds. What is the ideal set up,..THE ULTIMATE GROW ROOM???
Please list all materials needed from medium to spectrum. Thanks..i know how to grow :yummy:but just need help on hardware and tools

Much Appreciated,

Ponyboy

Ive been building for 2 years now and havent done the ultimate
money no object?
6 1K lamps with MH and HPS lamps
3 1000 cfm blowers all 6" duct
3 can 150's
CAP NG generator
Sentinental controler and monitor
therres 7K there..aprox.
I dont know what medium you want or system
am I making it clear for you that you need to research...I can give a dream list
start small...get your feet wet...then ramp up or you have alot of useless eqipment

yeah im just gonna get my feet wet..thanks..Do i or should i use something other than a mh for growing?? I was thinking i would use a 1k mh and maybe a t5 to grow, then just a 1k hps to bud?? What ya think?? Also ordering off the net what store you recommend ?? I was gonna get a pre-paid card or money order and have it go to a friends house.

so all i need is one spectrum for growing???

veg with the MH. bloom with the HPS
get a good balast.
you can grow and bloom with MH...works fine despite what the younger crowd thinks. or veg and bloom on HPS...I do that

If you mean pheno, as in phenotype, it has to do with genetics of a plant. If you breed 2 plants you will end up with a bunch of seeds. Those seeds won't all be the same, there can be up to 4 phenotypes(I believe), each seed grown out will have certain characteristics of each plant that was bred, up to 4 variations of the 2 plants bred.

So you grow one seed out, it may be tall and purple, you grow another seed out and it may be short and green. So these two seeds would be siblings, but be different, each one is its own phenotype from the genetics of the original male and female plants.

This is a confusing subject to grasp, especially if your new to growing. If you do a search of Mendel and his pea experiments it will probably give you a better description.

Support lighting? All you need is a MH or HPS, they both offer plenty of light in the spectrum you need. No other light is needed.

Not totaly true in fact a mh and the hps bulbs both produce a lot of unusable light and are tuned to a specific spectrum and to be honest if he was to balance his veg area with a led satelite to add suplementary spectrums he will see denser more profuse growth also I would supplement the flowering room with led satelites as well . Personally if I was in a situation where money is no object I would consider a 600w mh with 2 300w led panels for veg room and 1000w hps and 2 300w led panels in flower room for choice of lighting thats what I would prefer for myself.

14 600w LEDS.....$28000 Im sure they will give you a break
If you want to go with a good size area I would go HID...more cost effective and much bigger footprint....Ive got T5's, CFL's,LED's and HID's...and dont forget the SuperPenetrator 2........
I just cleaned and repainted today.....so white.....
start the Ultimate grow room with a solid infratructure....my electrical system would shame most electricians....my partner and I did it....
002408.JPG

thanks for the info guyz, much needed. I purchased 2 Nextgen 400w/600w electronic ballasts to start with. They don't make a 600w mh bulb though. I hear you can get a conversion bulb, but i have 2 400w Agrosun gold mh bulbs that I hear will put any 600w conversion bulb down. This is just starting off , tell me about these 300w led panels please. Where to buy, from whom, and do they really act as support lighting?? Is it worth it? Also can you guyz recommend a reliable, safe seedbank?? Montreal seedbank's phone # is disconnected.

Thanks again,

Ponyboy

thanks for the info guyz, much needed. I purchased 2 Nextgen 400w/600w electronic ballasts to start with. They don't make a 600w mh bulb though. I hear you can get a conversion bulb, but i have 2 400w Agrosun gold mh bulbs that I hear will put any 600w conversion bulb down. This is just starting off , tell me about these 300w led panels please. Where to buy, from whom, and do they really act as support lighting?? Is it worth it? Also can you guyz recommend a reliable, safe seedbank?? Montreal seedbank's phone # is disconnected.

Thanks again,

Ponyboy

What I can tell you about the led panels is if you get the tri band panel at 300w it provides the equivalent in useable light as close to a 1000w hid light but in my opinion they arent ready for prime time as the main grow light but throw them in with a hid light and from everything I have seen you are gonna get big honking buds especially if you get a strain that can support large flower growth. It may be even more worthwhile to purchase 4 180w panels for each growing areas all four sides with your main light above the 4 panels on the walls angled inward and up a bit. I think if you used 4 180 led's and a 600w hps and 600mh once you have your entire room tuned in your gonna see incredible production.

Much Appreciated,

Ponyboy

Actually to get you off to a good start Ill toss this in as well if you are serious about your grow room think of all the equipment you may eventually need and put in a power system that can run everything you can think of plus 30 amps more because guaranteed there will be stuff you didnt think of that will run you overbudget on amps. PErsonally to run a 1000w switchable with 400cfm exhaust 250cfm intake circulating fans 1 16" and 5 6" fans 2 150w cfl's for my clones and another 250 w flourescent for mothers and I had to use 2 20amp services to run it all and am only 5 amps total under budget.

Back
Top Bottom