The Vault's Brooklyn Sunrise Auto Comparative Grow, In Association With Dutch Passion

I have, but not for cannabis. The rate of transpiration might be higher (although I've seen some pretty hot grow rooms ;) ), but the ceiling height would be pretty good, and the light is often bright - and always free. The gardener could bury the reservoir, cover it in something like rigid foam insulation or Reflectix duct insulation, or bury it and cover the top. An even larger reservoir might be warranted if the transpiration (and, I suppose, evaporation, although that could be minimized to a degree) rate is high enough, but I don't know if the final size of the plant and harvest would be significantly greater or just a thing that would help make things easier for the gardener.

I have not done this, but having read a few articles about it that showed examples (again, not cannabis), I would tend to expect such a thing, if properly set up and run, to show the strain in its best light (so to speak, lol).

EDIT: Aeration of the nutrient solution would probably be even more important than with an indoor setup (in other words, extremely important). And if one is cursed with hot, humid, still-air days, using a strong fan to provide a little artificial airflow could both help the plants self-cool and reduce the chance of moldy buds. Obviously, this is going to be easier in a location where it's legal to grow cannabis and the person can do it in their back yard where there is convenient access to AC electricity and water. I would love to see such a journal, assuming a high enough level of DO was maintained in a large enough reservoir (and I would hate to see one, otherwise).

+1 I have seen our friends in Fort Collins growing strawberries outside with a flood and drain table.
Never seen the DWC outside...except almost. I'll explain. My cloner is outside in a non-heated/insulated building. Water at 60f with a space heater blasting it directly. been close to 0F recently everywhere around it.
I actually lost some genetics this winter:( luckily not my Plasma 13 it's the only one I care about keeping.
it's still growing out there DWC style in the cloner, and thank goodness for reading this I nearly forgot!
I did notice with colder water, less total roots. I looked last there was like 4-5 super long roots on everything. instead of a bundle at the bottom of the meristem like normal. Just sharing my experiences...have a good one!

Little Brooklyn she’s growing fast.
9A72E67C-9C99-4554-BCB5-D0819DA552A7.jpeg
78099C7A-E97D-4242-87A2-1D1F62B68F03.jpeg

My bsa way bigger then expected last time she got huge also all good tho ice URS is about to take off now my brotha

+1 I have seen our friends in Fort Collins growing strawberries outside with a flood and drain table.
Never seen the DWC outside...except almost. I'll explain. My cloner is outside in a non-heated/insulated building. Water at 60f with a space heater blasting it directly. been close to 0F recently everywhere around it.
I actually lost some genetics this winter:( luckily not my Plasma 13 it's the only one I care about keeping.
it's still growing out there DWC style in the cloner, and thank goodness for reading this I nearly forgot!
I did notice with colder water, less total roots. I looked last there was like 4-5 super long roots on everything. instead of a bundle at the bottom of the meristem like normal. Just sharing my experiences...have a good one!

So you're one power failure away from a frozen plant? I think I'd take a cutting and bring it inside, set up a shoebox with a CFL or two if nothing else since those genetics are important to you.

So you're one power failure away from a frozen plant? I think I'd take a cutting and bring it inside, set up a shoebox with a CFL or two if nothing else since those genetics are important to you.
Very good way to put it! I'm actually putting them inside tonight (transplanting) but in the future can move them back into the office...that was literally playing with ice.

Back
Top Bottom