420 Magazine Background

The Venus Project

ak481991

dam man a would love to see the day but a dont think its in ma lifetime

HigherDrifter

On Vacation
Got to admit...

I'm very fond of the tenets of The Venus Project.

I don't see everything eye to eye with Jacques Fresco, but I gotta admire what he's done and what he (and Roxanne Meadows) continues to do.

Then there's The Zeitgeist Movement. When TZM was first founded, it was a good thing, and I thought they did a good job with representing The Venus Project. But, over the years I've watched it turn into something cancerous. A good percentage of the membership of TZM is much like a "cult-y" cluster-fuck of people getting together and mentally masturbating one another. Most of the people out there doing the "foot-work" are preaching the whole TVP thing like it's some kinda end-all, be-all gospel or they're ramming it down people's throats like the latest panacea. You oughta listen and read in on some of the VOIP chatrooms (Teamspeak), talk shows, and the numerous video chats and blogs these people are swarming in.

I don't know all the details of the disassociation between The Venus Project and The Zeitgeist Movement, and I don't want to even start taking sides. Both organizations have pretty much the same goals. Peter Joseph (Merola) has his own personal revolution going with The Zeitgeist Movement and Jacques Fresco has his with The Venus Project. Both organizations could stand alone on their own respective merits...

BUT...

If the current cluster-fucked, mental mastur-de-bation mentality that makes up the bulk of The Zeitgeist Movement's membership continues within that organization...The Zeitgeist Movement isn't going to be standing for very long.

So...

I could go my own way...

I could call it another stoney day...

Go my own way...

Top Bottom