TheBlaze: Genesis, Chapter 1, Verse 1

Hmmmmmmmml Tasty! :adore:

full

LOL! Thanks CS

I look forward to your next update.

Thank you Ase.

It's harvest day today. Purple Envy is coming down.

Thank you Ase.

It's harvest day today. Purple Envy is coming down.
Hi Blaze
Stumbled on the thread.......just want to know your opinion on lighting......i am looking at building a flower room 3.6 x 3.6 with 3.2 ceiling. I have been inadvertently hooked on going with LEDs either COB frames or strip lights........but the last few days I have heard so many good stories on the Gavita. I know they use more power and run hot......but their light seems to be what the plants like. I am looking at getting a bunch of the 600/750e DE. Is heat a real issue with ceilings at 3.2.....would I need AC?

Mountain

Morning brother

The Gavita's are as good as everyone says they are. However, AC is a necessity. Budget for it now already. It might seem like a grudge purchase now, but believe me, it will pay dividends.

Harvested the Purple Envy yesterday. Should be the heaviest plant I've grown to date.

I took a snap of a 5ft9 strawberry diesel when staking her up yesterday. Just 24 days into 12/12 and look at those colas! She is going to be a fucken beast!

Just 2 trimmed cola shots from Purple Envy. She took up almost 3 tiers of the drying rack.

Thanks man. I staked her up, so hopefully yoyo's won't be necessary. I like to move the plants around.

Morning brother

The Gavita's are as good as everyone says they are. However, AC is a necessity. Budget for it now already. It might seem like a grudge purchase now, but believe me, it will pay dividends.

Thanks Blaze.....Think I will go with the Gavita......either 8 x 600/750's or 5 x 1000's.......I have had my eye on them from the beginning.......just somehow got stuck into the LED investigations for power consumption, bulb replacements and lower heat.......seems that HID's are still rock solid and proven. I have a 25000 BTU split AC unit in my budget......will go with 12 foot (3.65m) ceiling.....everyone says the higher the ceiling, the better.

Will maybe try a 12 COB frame or a Samsung strip frame at a later stage for fun.

Hey mountain goat I've used just hps until now that I will be upgrading to quantum boards because of the efficiency. IMO if I had the budget I would invest in a cob/qb setup. It would allow you to save alot of money on electric/cooling while using more watts. Unless you live in a cold climate which will save you money on cooling also. With qb's you might have to run AC 3 Months instead of 8-9 with hps.

Hey mountain goat I've used just hps until now that I will be upgrading to quantum boards because of the efficiency. IMO if I had the budget I would invest in a cob/qb setup. It would allow you to save alot of money on electric/cooling while using more watts. Unless you live in a cold climate which will save you money on cooling also. With qb's you might have to run AC 3 Months instead of 8-9 with hps.

Hey Growlove.......Yip....the whole LED thing makes soooo much sense........I am still convinced that the white LEDs will work well (COBs and strips)......run them softly (700 - 1400 mA) for more lumens and efficiency, get the mix of colors/spectrum CRI's right .............just very expensive!! to initially set up properly. If you have any interest in a great COB setup.......check this link out................it will get your engines going!! Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds ......I have tended to steer my investigations away from panels and go for a more spread-out configuration of lighting.....more even PPFD throughout the canopy and heavy saturation/penetration.

Being a noob.....I think it is wise to wind my neck in and humbly take advice from the more experienced growers out there....who are producing quality product over and over again.......also as a noob, I need to stick with what is known to work.......I am going to start off with the tried and tested Gavita, as all the experienced master growers continue to recommend them.....I always ask and the answers are consistently saying that they are good.

Once I have a bunch of grows under the belt, I will do a LED build.....(COBS and strips) to trial and see. The Samsung double line diode F series Gen 3 - FB - LT - HB24B 1.1 meter strips......I want to do a 10 strips on aluminium U channel sink......Fluence Spydrx Plus style. I have very hot summers which worries me.......so will put in AC and high ceilings.

Let me get my rooms built first :)

Goat, the 6/750's should be hung at around 2.4m IIRC. The ballast will take up about 30cm, so 2.7m is about perfect for them. The 1000's would then have to be hung at around 3m to give it a 2.7m ceiling. At this point, I have the DE bulb very close to some of my plants. Not ideal at all, but can't be helped in a tent with big plants.

And now my AC just bombed out, and I don't have the money right now to replace it. Sigh...

Back
Top Bottom