TheBlaze: Genesis, Chapter 1, Verse 1

Both are looking awesome Blaze

Thanks Penny :thumb:

Nice looking stuff here Blaze. Sweet!

20180208_192344.jpg

FWIW...I'm using calmag made from Emilya's recipe. I had one grow seems like last year that I didn't use any calmag and had no problems. Last grow suffered so I decided to make some by her formula. Both grows were under LEDs. Using it at 1 tsp per gallon. We shall see.

Thanks Jimbo

Interesting stuff. I tried Epsom salts and had problems, I’m glad I have no issues getting and sticking with CalMag. Justin the N in CalMag should be no issue as long as you account for it in your formula for your solution. At least that’s my experience in coco.

Beautiful shots Blaze, Purple Envy is always so photogenic.

Thanks Dobe

I've had no issues using calmag in flower, and I use a fair amount as well. I don't add it to my feeds though. I cycle it. At the moment I do 3 days of feed, and then one of calmag, and then nothing on the 5th day. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks Penny :thumb:

Thanks Jimbo

Thanks Dobe

I've had no issues using calmag in flower, and I use a fair amount as well. I don't add it to my feeds though. I cycle it. At the moment I do 3 days of feed, and then one of calmag, and then nothing on the 5th day. Rinse and repeat.
I don't suppose that's consecutive days Blaze, are you feeding daily ?
Then are u using the Calmag soluble granules?

Interesting stuff. I tried Epsom salts and had problems, I'm glad I have no issues getting and sticking with CalMag. Justin the N in CalMag should be no issue as long as you account for it in your formula for your solution. At least that's my experience in coco.

Beautiful shots Blaze, Purple Envy is always so photogenic.
Ive just completed my second flower so I'm still kinda winging it, tell me a little about the formula and how's it's derived? I assume we referring to the NPK value. What sort of percentage of what is acceptable in flower?

Yes, consecutive, but I only do this in flower which is also when I switch to synth nutes.

Using calmag soluble granules.

This is the first round where I'm using my old feeding schedule with organic soil. So far it seems to be working well.

Thank you Dusty. It's just such a pity about the power situation. It keeps tripping. I definitely need to make this move happen soon.

Thanks

That meaty smell didn't last very long. Now it is that typical grape ice cream smell coming off the Purple Envy.

Thank you Dusty. It's just such a pity about the power situation. It keeps tripping. I definitely need to make this move happen soon.

Ugh...eksdom blew a transformer here on Thursday, 7 hours no power....been looking into solar panel setups. Found some cheaper kits you install yourself, they dont have battery banks though so they supply power during the day only.

Yeah, plants don't perform if they don't get their optimal daily light integral. I think that's the reason why I'm yielding so much less these days. Other factors come into play as well, but I'm sure this is one of the reasons they are under-performing.

Maybe all South Africans should run 24/0, then if the power does go off for 7 hours at least you got 17 hours light Eish !!! Does your bulb weaken over time? And do you think it's the soil?

Yeah, plants don't perform if they don't get their optimal daily light integral. I think that's the reason why I'm yielding so much less these days. Other factors come into play as well, but I'm sure this is one of the reasons they are under-performing.
Blaze
How old are your bulbs? Always something to think of.... 3 years max

Yeah I'm running a rdwc so a couple of hours of no power and they're dead. Had to go buy a UPS just for the airstones and pump to be on the safe side.

The bulb definitely weakens over time. I'm past due for a new bulb in the veg area, but that is the least of my concerns. If I can just get proper uninterrupted power, then the plants will bulk up much more. I know it.

Blaze
How old are your bulbs? Always something to think of.... 3 years max

Welcome bud

The gavita bulb in the flower tent is only about 2 or 3 months old. It is good for a year. So will think of swapping it out in about 9 months.

UPDATE

Purple Envy - 52 days 12/12
Dnet - 26 days 12/12
Strawberry Diesel - 26 days 12/12

The power cuts are so bad now, that the veg girls are starting to flower. I really need to get out of that spot. Soonest that will happen is still about 4 or 5 weeks from now. Oh well... what can you do.

Strawberry Diesel
20180211_095915.jpg

20180211_095945.jpg

Big plant is obviously Purple Envy. Others are a mixed bag.
20180211_095926.jpg
20180211_100003.jpg
20180211_100016.jpg
20180211_100026.jpg
20180211_100042.jpg
20180211_100219.jpg
20180211_100130.jpg
20180211_100229.jpg
20180211_100248.jpg
20180211_100308.jpg

Darlins Net looking very good this round
20180211_101303.jpg