TheBlaze - Strawberry Diesel & Darlin's Net Pheno Hunt

re: TheBlaze - Strawberry Diesel & Darlin's Net Pheno Hunt

I'm nervous about transplanting to the 3 or 5 gallons. They seem too small for that.
Are you growing in soil? I agree with Blaze don't transplant yet. If you are in soil they won't require any nutes as of yet, too young and you will burn them

UPDATE

Day 11

Not much to report. They are still growing nicely. I need to fight the urge not to feed them. LOL!

20170630_200316.jpg
20170630_200415.jpg
20170630_200444.jpg
20170630_200517.jpg

The nutes now - will orient the roots away from organic uptake processes, and toward a more direct feeding style root. You want than in coco, but not in soil.

In soil, you want smaller, more delicate roots, that will keep searching for more soil to colonize, if they think they are only getting what's in the pot. I don't usually don't use add nutrients to my mix until just before the flip. This is with foliar spraying though.

If they start to yellow, uppot. If they yellow in the last pot, feed. You do want to give them some humics/fulvics, enzynes, aminos, and or teas etc, and maybe even sugars now, but these are more to help further the soils capacity to feed the plant, than feeding the plant directly. :Namaste:

Thanks Carestaker. That makes sense. Still...it's hard. LOL!

I will just be giving them water today. Then on wednesday or thursday I will give them some em-prosoil, which contains sugars, vitamins and microbes. The soil does contain microbes, but it doesn't hurt to add more does it? I can't overdo it?

Is that the same as Cal-Mag. Excuse my ignorance. Again I'm new to this. Are the ready for MAG OR EM PRO SOIL?

Hi C2

No, EM-prosoil and calmag are different. Calmag is just calcium and magnesium, while em-prosoil is mostly beneficial microbes to enrich your soil. Like probiotics for your stomach. This helps the soil break down matter for food.

Your plants are looking quite good. I don't see any obvious problems, except that it looks like you have 2 plants in one pot. So their roots will be competing for space and when you transplant to bigger pots you are likely to run into problems separating them.

O ok. I see I see. Thanks again.

As for the two plants in one cup.
Wow, I messed up. Smdh. It's not too late to separate them is it. They are doing so good I don't want to mess anything up. Wow.

O ok. I see I see. Thanks again.

As for the two plants in one cup.
Wow, I messed up. Smdh. It's not too late to separate them is it. They are doing so good I don't want to mess anything up. Wow.

No problem my man

I've never had to separate plants so it would be irresponsible of me to give you advice on that. If it were me, I would search youtube for instructional videos to do this. Give it a try bud.

No problem! :thumb:

Looks nice :high-five: and welcome to the world of organic growing :Namaste: always nice to see people convert :)

I think Kelpak is somewhat similar to Biobizz' Alc-A-Mic, so mix away.

I've been using the Biobizz nutes for a while, and it works best if you feed a lower dose of nutes every watering and gradually move up. BTW the pH should be 6,8 - 7,2 before adding nutes ;)
I have a feeding log in my latest journal if you want some inspiration on Biobizz feeding :passitleft:

Is that just a bucket of water? Need advice on keeping humidity right. HELP! .

Try hanging a wet towel in there, that will raise the humidity quite a bit ;)

You can overdo just about anything...maybe use the EM at 50% and longer intervals, utill you see how the plants respond. :thumb:

Got you CS. I'm a cautious man, when it comes to my girls. So that kind of thinking is how I normally approach something I'm unfamiliar with. The suicide fan is the exception. :rofl:

Looks nice :high-five: and welcome to the world of organic growing :Namaste: always nice to see people convert :)

I think Kelpak is somewhat similar to Biobizz' Alc-A-Mic, so mix away.

I've been using the Biobizz nutes for a while, and it works best if you feed a lower dose of nutes every watering and gradually move up. BTW the pH should be 6,8 - 7,2 before adding nutes ;)
I have a feeding log in my latest journal if you want some inspiration on Biobizz feeding :passitleft:

Try hanging a wet towel in there, that will raise the humidity quite a bit ;)

Thanks for the tips PGR. I'm almost 100% converted. Just need to see them perform in the hotter soil mix when I up pot, but I'm pretty sure I will be happy with the results if this seedling mix is anything to go by. :thumb:

Will head on over to your journal now bud.

UPDATE

Day 13

All good on the organic front. They got plain water pH'd to 6.6 yesterday.

20170702_131508.jpg
20170702_131520.jpg
20170702_131550.jpg
20170702_131538.jpg

Really impressed with the growth. My seedlings are 3-4 days behind your pace - other factors at play, sure, but there's no denying this growth is strong. Yours and BedroomFarmer's grows are a great pitch for trying organic.

Thanks brother.

BTW, is that pic in your avatar your dog?

That one's not mine but I do have one! Maybe I can get a shot of him next to the plants some time. He's pretty photogenic - if I may brag, we showed him to his championship when he was younger. :thumb:

Are Dobes popular where you are? I have a friend from SA whose family kept them on their land, he loved having them around. People are pretty intimidated by my dog. I feel he's a great deterrent to would be thieves and I feel more comfortable when I'm away from the house knowing he's there with my family.

Yeah, Dobermans are quite popular in SA. German shepherds as well. I love pits but we had to get rid of our last pit. He was too aggressive. He was a man biter unfortunately, and with a newborn baby we just couldn't take the chance. He is currently on his way to being SA high jump champ.

You should definitely include a pic of your dog bud. I love dogs.

Back
Top Bottom