TheBlaze's LED & HPS Grow - Coco & Perlite

Strains

- Blue Venom by G13 Labs (blueberry x white widow)
- Lost Coast OG by Emerald Triangle (chem's sister x paki kush x lemon larry)
- Lemon OG Kush by DNA Genetics (lemon skunk x og kush)

Medium

Coco/perlite roughly 75/25

Light

- 600w HPS
- 360w LED

Decided to dip my toes further into the LED pond. There is not much available here, and it is fairly pricey. I went with what I think offers the best value for money here in SA. Purchased 2 x Evergrow Nova S4. Cost me roughly $420. My previous grow was some of the strongest weed I've ever smoked, and I'm not being biased. It is seriously powerful stuff. All 6 plants have high potency. The only thing different was the small little LED light I added for some extra coverage. I have a feeling that mixing spectrums helped bring out the goodness. So that is my reason for adding more LED instead of another 600w HPS light.

UPDATE

Only 4 of the original 6 beans popped. Both Skywalker Kush beans were duds. So I cracked 2 x Lemon OG Kush to replace those. They are currently in coco, and I'm waiting for them break the surface.

The other 4 are about 2 - 3 days above ground and are under the 600w HPS. They seem to be doing fine.

Will take some pics soon.

re: TheBlaze's LED & HPS Grow - Coco & Perlite

That was quick! Welcome bud.

Let's hope I can improve on my previous grow.

Let's go... Awesome man, looking forward to see this one has play out...

I see the aussies are on the ball today! Welcome Grizz! Send positive vibes. Seedlings have had a slow start due to the colder weather. Will have to look at a heat mat or something for future winter grows.

That was quick! Welcome bud.

Let's hope I can improve on my previous grow.

hehe jumped on and your comment in the old journal was the first thing that popped up in my subs :)
Anything comparable to last grow will be impressive in itself mate :thumb:

Sux about the skywalkers, i had one dud from RP so far, still have 2 more left to germinate. I have LCOG from hso i moved from the cloner to a netpot the other day so will be up for flowering in about 6-8 weeks, will be good to see the difference between it and the ET version ;)

I hear you on the cold weather.. I'm going through heaps of firewood trying to keep the house warm for them. Was going to get a heat may yesterday but forgot all about it when I was there, lol... They'll be right, just got get them through first 10-12 days...

I hear you on the cold weather.. I'm going through heaps of firewood trying to keep the house warm for them. Was going to get a heat may yesterday but forgot all about it when I was there, lol... They'll be right, just got get them through first 10-12 days...

I was at the hydro store yesterday, and also forgot about heat mats. LOL! Fucken stoners. :cheesygrinsmiley:

hehe jumped on and your comment in the old journal was the first thing that popped up in my subs :)
Anything comparable to last grow will be impressive in itself mate :thumb:

Sux about the skywalkers, i had one dud from RP so far, still have 2 more left to germinate. I have LCOG from hso i moved from the cloner to a netpot the other day so will be up for flowering in about 6-8 weeks, will be good to see the difference between it and the ET version ;)

What was the dud Feral? I see most growers go for the HSO version of LCOG. So I'm also keen to see how the ET version performs.

It's great having you back so soon blaze, you certainly don't waste any time. How long you thinking to veg for?

Welcome Gen. Sol!

Should be about 45 days I think. About 5 days longer than the previous grow, because the 2 Lemon OG will be a bit behind. So I will top the other 4 twice and the 2 lemons only once. This depends on growth rates though, but that is the plan.

I'm stoked!

Can't wait for this one my friend! I grew the HSO version and it was and is Dynamite! Brightlight grew the Emerald Triangle version and it was killer!

You can't go wrong with this genetic. It's my current favorite. :thumb:

Welcome Doc! So many great growers in on the first page. I love it.

I see I have big shoes to fill when it comes to the LC-OG. :thumb:

And we're off....

20160508_100740.jpg

20160508_100950.jpg

The plot thickens. LOL

Oh well... let's just hope my Lemons make good.

Nice looking light. Noticed much heat yet? You had some hot days I remember, you should be setup now based on most LED light run a bit cooler then your 600 watt HPS.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Haven't installed the LED lights yet Miller. Will only do that in late veg I think. We're going into winter now though, so all good on the temp front.

Welcome bud.

Oh, I though I subbed already, my bad. I know, I'm hitting summer here. Temps up in 80's then low 50's hard to gauge this time of year.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

LOL! No worries bud.

You're subbed now.

Back
Top Bottom