TheBorn's High Brix Soil - Obiwan OG Grow Journal - 2016

Sad this morning​. I noticed PM on my Elmer's glue. Not sure if there is anything I can do. Never had it before and seems to be early. Think my humidity has been too high lights out. Luckily​ the Obiwan looks fine:

420-magazine-mobile1918060276.jpg
420-magazine-mobile956112969.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Morning Born....easy brotha....what has your RH been during lights 'on' and 'off' ?
67/24. I drenched them both yesterday which I never do and I think my humidity got too high.

My exhaust comes on every 1/2 hr. I switched it to stay on.

When should I do the burn?

That doesn't look like PM to me bro. Get the burner (all gardeners should have one) and wait a week or two. If it's PM you'll see the characteristics of it. I'm not seeing it on that pic.

A 3 hour burn should do the trick in that spot. You'll want to protect any electronics (sealed HID hoods are fine), get the rH up to 90% and do the burn. PM is now gone. Done.

But I don't think you've got it.

67/24. I drenched them both yesterday which I never do and I think my humidity got too high.

My exhaust comes on every 1/2 hr. I switched it to stay on.

OK Born, glad i dropped by. First thing, you are going to need another fan soon. Why are you switching it on and off so much. You should have it run 24/7/365 on a speed controller set at between 70-80% of max. With the motor cycling so often , the 'start' winding will eventually fail. Please try it as i suggest for a while Ok, get a speed controller (only 20-25 bucks) and try it. This will also guarantee a fresh air exchange too! Cheers Born.

OK Born, glad i dropped by. First thing, you are going to need another fan soon. Why are you switching it on and off so much. You should have it run 24/7/365 on a speed controller set at between 70-80% of max. With the motor cycling so often , the 'start' winding will eventually fail. Please try it as i suggest for a while Ok, get a speed controller (only 20-25 bucks) and try it. This will also guarantee a fresh air exchange too! Cheers Born.
The fan I have have has a speed controller built in. The problem is the humidity gets really low with it running 24/7. I'll deal with it for now until I get a better solution. Thanks man!

UPDATE: Beginning week 10

Obi-wan OG

She doesn't want to die @day 70 here. Still pushing white pistils and swelling. Got her last GE this morning. Gonna let her dry out then chop. It will be a good death.

420-magazine-mobile1343438569.jpg

Elmer's Glue

False alarm on the PM cause she isn't slowing down. The frost on the plant is unreal and finally starting to get a nose to her. My with some fuel when touched. Watch her had been a pleasure. She had GE this morning as well.

420-magazine-mobile159309088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1506448111.jpg

Sorry I haven't been on as of late. Life and all that. Getting ready for the vegetable garden this year.

Have a great day folks, keep growing!

Elmer's Glue is looking great - frostier than anything I've grown - yet

If Obiwan OG is still swelling her buds, and the trichomes aren't amber, I'd be tempted to let her run a little longer. Have you looked with a loupe?

Vegetable Garden planning and prep is a great reason to be elsewhere :) I plan to dig up 1/2 my front yard to reshape the slopes and trench the side yard as soon a I get another dry day. That's going to slow down my veg garden choices. I need to order about 20 types of herb, flower, and vegetable seeds sometime this month - I've got about half the list decided on, but not where to buy them yet :)

If Obiwan OG is still swelling her buds, and the trichomes aren't amber, I'd be tempted to let her run a little longer. Have you looked with a loupe?

Vegetable Garden planning and prep is a great reason to be elsewhere :) I plan to dig up 1/2 my front yard to reshape the slopes and trench the side yard as soon a I get another dry day. That's going to slow down my veg garden choices. I need to order about 20 types of herb, flower, and vegetable seeds sometime this month - I've got about half the list decided on, but not where to buy them yet :)

And you're sending me a baggie of soil to test so you can amend your whole yard to be High Brix.....right?

Yea, been checking trics daily. Mostly clear on the larger colas. I'll harvest the middle of her tomorrow before lights on. Those smaller colas 8n the middle are done IMO.

Here are some crappy shots from a few days ago.

420-magazine-mobile84515392.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1239313314.jpg
420-magazine-mobile121046900.jpg

I'm in the same boat with the veggie garden. But what I want to do on part of my front lawn is have some veggies going for the community to take for free. Very excited about this. Luckily have a farm down the road so I plan on getting seeds from there.

Thanks for popping in

UPDATE: Beginning week 10

Obi-wan OG

She doesn't want to die @day 70 here. Still pushing white pistils and swelling. Got her last GE this morning. Gonna let her dry out then chop. It will be a good death.

420-magazine-mobile1343438569.jpg

Elmer's Glue

False alarm on the PM cause she isn't slowing down. The frost on the plant is unreal and finally starting to get a nose to her. My with some fuel when touched. Watch her had been a pleasure. She had GE this morning as well.

420-magazine-mobile159309088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1506448111.jpg

Sorry I haven't been on as of late. Life and all that. Getting ready for the vegetable garden this year.

Have a great day folks, keep growing!

Very good young jedi! Hahaha!!!

I believe it is an indicator she is winding down, I know Doc says he has had a hard time getting the trichs to go amber. Don't know if he managed to get them to cloudy, maybe he will chime in. I know some strains will continue to shoot out white pistils regardless of how far along they are. Perhaps some others here will clue you in to other indicators of finishing besides trich color and pistils.

EDIT: I know the pics Doc post look like cloudy trichs however.

Back
Top Bottom