TheBorn's Soil - Diesel Fire OG & Elmer's Glue - 2017 - In Progress

Back at it like a craftmatic

Been a great run so far. No problems. Had a slight mg def in one and caught it early on. A little epsoms and it cleared up. Plants are perfect. Doc's a genius. I post more on IG cause it's easier. As far am I concerned though the show is really a bout to start.

May 29

420-magazine-mobile1086422906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile213440335.jpg
420-magazine-mobile550746485.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1611794509.jpg

June 3

420-magazine-mobile648885503.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1854627197.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1469300003.jpg
420-magazine-mobile928633137.jpg

June 9 (transplant into 3gs)

420-magazine-mobile1101750369.jpg

June 11 (trellis popping)

420-magazine-mobile1945678942.jpg

June 16 (flipmode)

420-magazine-mobile1575454139.jpg

June 18

420-magazine-mobile1545465137.jpg

June 23

420-magazine-mobile589258977.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1309066663.jpg

June 29 (today)

420-magazine-mobile2101272405.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1916044369.jpg

Enjoy your holiday, I know I will.

Blessings,

Re: TheBorn's DBHBB Soil - Diesel Fire OG & Elmer's Glue - 2017 - In Progress

Nice. I just got my kit soil all cooked up ready for my first HB run! I have a couple youngins in 1s right now but trying to figure the best way for my spaces. I have a 3'x3' and was thinking of 1- 15gal in there and I have a 2.5'x5 and was thinking 2- 7s in there. The way the tents bow in from the negative pressure I probably lose 4 inches in each side so don't want to crowd them.

I went with those sizes because doc doesn't recommend smaller than 7s, but if your having success in 3s I may try that next run so I can have a little more variety and maybe save a few weeks. Wish I had more room! I imagine it's gonna take awhile to veg a 15 gal lol.

Is your feeding schedule with the 3s much different than the kit instructions?

Nice. I just got my kit soil all cooked up ready for my first HB run! I have a couple youngins in 1s right now but trying to figure the best way for my spaces. I have a 3'x3' and was thinking of 1- 15gal in there and I have a 2.5'x5 and was thinking 2- 7s in there. The way the tents bow in from the negative pressure I probably lose 4 inches in each side so don't want to crowd them.

I went with those sizes because doc doesn't recommend smaller than 7s, but if your having success in 3s I may try that next run so I can have a little more variety and maybe save a few weeks. Wish I had more room! I imagine it's gonna take awhile to veg a 15 gal lol.

I'm still figuring it out honestly. My last run was my first with the kit. You can check that journal out. Everything was by the book for the most part. Only change this time is flowering in 3gs. Same feed schedule, same ratios. Like the guy help me said, you'll get a feel for what everything does and that will help you develop a strategy to get the most out of every watering and feeding.

I like your choices for pot size. You could also do four 7s in the 3x3 and two 15s in the 2.5x5. :cheesygrinsmiley: I've used mostly 6 gallon pots and got 2.5 - 3 oz from each. I crammed up to nine of them in a 4x4. :laugh: Duggan goes the other direction with just two 26s in a 4x4.5. And DrZiggy got some very good yield with a bunch of 1 gallon pots. The question is how it affects total yield, and you really won't know what's best for your own space until you've run some plants through it. Next run, I'm going to try a set of 3 gallon pots bloom-from-seed - not gonna veg much at all.

With small pots, at some point we have to take over from the biota - there just isn't enough soil for them to supply what the plant needs. So it gets much trickier to bring them to harvest in good health. We have to pay closer attention, and the tools don't work as well. Born, if/when you start to see fade, give 'em a double shot of Trans/Tea before you think GE. They'll need a boost to the soil at that point and a lot of us see fade and think Nitrogen, so GE seems to be the cure. I've done better with Trans. The large fans won't change but the new growth will green dramatically. Then you can get 'em going with Brix and follow with GE. And careful watering will help a LOT. Don' let 'em go dry in bloom.

:Namaste:

Thanks for the insight graytail. I like the sound of the 4 -7s and 2-15s, just worry about space. If the walls of the tents bow into the plants a bit at night when the air inlets are closed will that hurt anything, like stress them out? Any good suggestions to reinforce the tent walls a little better?

Thanks for the insight graytail. I like the sound of the 4 -7s and 2-15s, just worry about space. If the walls of the tents bow into the plants a bit at night when the air inlets are closed will that hurt anything, like stress them out? Any good suggestions to reinforce the tent walls a little better?

Unless you really need that much airflow, I'd turn the fan down. :cheesygrinsmiley: I mean, if the sides are bowing in, you're maxed out anyway ... or open up some more inlet air ...

Otherwise, the foliage will grow to fill the space no matter how much soil they're in (within reason). And bigger pots will always be easier to take care of. In bigger pots you may have to chop off perfectly good growth from plants that are too healthy and growing too fast, or in smaller pots you could have good-sized plants that are finicky and pale. :hmmmm:

Thanks Gray. I'm on the same page homie. Been eyeballing em every day. It seen super smooth but I know they are filled those pots with roots fast.

I'm going to run something a lot like you're doing, so this is very interesting to me. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm thinking more SOG than Scrog but the principle is the same. I'm hoping that 3s will be enough for the 100-110 days I'll need. Yours look really great so far - love the color and posture!

:thumb: Small pots makin me nervous.....but so far so good.
We'll see, I'm nervous as well... My big Obiwan OG didn't come close to filling the 7g I had it in and it did 4oz. I'm only looking to get 2oz off each plant. If I can pull that off I'll have plenty to last until the next run is done.

We'll see, I'm nervous as well... My big Obiwan OG didn't come close to filling the 7g I had it in and it did 4oz. I'm only looking to get 2oz off each plant. If I can pull that off I'll have plenty to last until the next run is done.

im not nervous...:)

here's some Vintage Panama
:passitleft:

I've super cropped every branch on these ladies yesterday and this morning, they haven't skipped a beat. I think the Elmer's glue is done stretching while the 2 Diesel fire OGs on the ends are playing catch up. What a show

420-magazine-mobile306648641.jpg
420-magazine-mobile129887908.jpg
420-magazine-mobile7966749.jpg

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom