TheDaveAbides - Blue Dream - Indoor - Soil - Traditional HID

11/30/15

Well, the ladies are looking lovely and I think they're about prime to get some cuttings. Any thoughts on topping the limb you're planning on taking before taking the cutting?

113015g.jpg

113015a.jpg

113015b.jpg

113015c.jpg

113015d.jpg

Won't be long now =) Go, plants, go! :cheer:

Hi Dave, what a great setup you got there & the plants are beautiful...looks like your well on top of things buddy. By the way if your growing in the garage does the car still get parked in there or is it relegated to the elements outdoors lol!!
:thumb:

Hi Dave, what a great setup you got there & the plants are beautiful...looks like your well on top of things buddy. By the way if your growing in the garage does the car still get parked in there or is it relegated to the elements outdoors lol!!
:thumb:

Thanks for stopping by! The car is OK, but my ladies are my real love so the car is doomed to the cold :rip:
Now, when I get my hands on a 68 El Co, the factions are going to have to find a way to share the castle.

12/02/15

120215g.jpg

120215g2.jpg

This girls sitting outside while I place the new tray =)

12/04/15

It's proving to be a challenge to get decent individual plant pics because the tent is getting so full =(

120415a.jpg

120415b.jpg

120415c.jpg

120415d.jpg

120415g.jpg

I'm a happy dad looking at my girls and thinking that they are less than 3 weeks old :circle-of-love:

I started CaMag and a little more intensive feeding today, as well as did some topping to control height. The temperature issue seems to be under control the humidity is almost there as well. I couldn't be more pleased with how everything is going EXCEPT......I wish I had done some early training, especially now that I'm seeing all that stretch in between the nodes. All in all, however, I cannot complain. The girls are healthy and happy and clipping along at a great pace.
I think I'll celebrate , like this: :lot-o-toke::tokin::hookah::blunt::roorrip::bong::ganjamon:

Opinion poll: Is it ever really too late to start training? I was recently offered the opinion that it's never really too late to start training those plants and that, using a gentle hand, training for the next couple of weeks before I move them into flowering could very well change the final yield by a notable amount. Given that these plants haven't been potted for quite 3 weeks yet, I am tempted to think that a couple more weeks could produce a fair amount more bud sites. What do all you farmers think?

Thank God the day is over. Anyone else glad to put this day to bed? I'll dab to that :tokin:

Garden looks great Dave. Subbed, hope to see you around! :passitleft:

Accidentally double posted =P

Thanks Mello. Good to have some company for the trip.

Opinion poll: Is it ever really too late to start training? I was recently offered the opinion that it's never really too late to start training those plants and that, using a gentle hand, training for the next couple of weeks before I move them into flowering could very well change the final yield by a notable amount. Given that these plants haven't been potted for quite 3 weeks yet, I am tempted to think that a couple more weeks could produce a fair amount more bud sites. What do all you farmers think?

Looking really good buddy. I would definetly try to veg longer in the hope they preflower...but thats strain dependent. If you have the space & feel they could go longer then by all means go ahead, I certainly would. If they get too big you can always tie em & learn from it.
:Namaste:

New pics coming today when the lights go back on. The last 6 days growth has been quite pleasing.

12/13/15

1213150603_HDR.jpg

1213150603.jpg

1213150604.jpg

1213150604a.jpg

1213150603a_HDR.jpg

I'm vegging a little bit longer so I'm holding them at the Foxfarm Week 4 feeding regimen + CaMag until I'm ready to flip em. I like what I'm seeing out of the course they are on so I want to give them all the time they will use to fill out and thicken up.

NOTE: Today marks only 1 month since these fine ladies went in the dirt. Happy Birthday, girls, and may I say "DAMN! You're growing up soooo fast."

Necessity is the mother of all invention

I finally got the temp/RH issue licked by creative heater positioning and air flow manipulation (see pics)

ventfilter.jpg

First step was to add a furnace filter over the window/vent at the bottom of the tent. Aside from reducing the amount of particulate (and possibly mites) allowed into the tent, this also slowed the passage of air, allowing the RH to rise a little - something much needed. We slid an old fashioned baseboard style radiant heater in along the vent and got it cranking. It should be noted that this vent is the primary air intake for the exhaust path.

ventcover1.jpg

Note the cardboard standing against the wall in the first picture. It was then folded over against the side of the tent, just above the vent, to prevent the radiant heat from quickly rising into the attic space and out of the room.

ventcover2.jpg

Another little piece covered the front of our 'heat tube' and BAM! 10-15 degrees of temperature swing by plugging in or unplugging that old heater.

Low budget + bound determination = creative win every damned time :slide:

12/18/15

121815a.jpg

121815b.jpg

Last veg day.

12/19/15 - Flowering Day 1

121915a.jpg

121915b.jpg

Running out of tent - hope they stop stretching soon =/

12/25/15

122515.jpg

12/26/15