TheEngineer - Grow Journal #1

no, I do not.

the Mars 1200 has been shown to be out performed by the PlatinumLED P450 unit, whilst drawing less than half the power, so the 700w version would be way down the list.

I would recommend either a P450 or a P300, depending on your budget :peace:

I've not read your journal from back to front but I will . In my ignorance are the photo period plants . Just standard plants that only flower under 12/12 . Or something new that I've not heard about . If so I've already grown a few of these in my 10 years of growing and only consider the autos for a fast turn around . But I've already got some beans in cubes that are waiting to pop . Fingers crossed and by the way you have got a big . Ding dong from for your girls . Absolutely fantastic .

yeah, photo period plants are just regular plants that we're all used to growing. but thye can be started 12/12 form seed, which I have done with two of mine - photos to follow.

I ran them before under HPS, and found that you need to add a week or ten days to the flowering time, so a 10 week flowering plant would take 11 weeks, or an 8 week plant would take 9 weeks etc.

I have four 'main' plants that I veg for a few weeks, and the 12/12s are the free seeds from Herbies - I run them like this because a. they're nice and quick, and b. it's a good way to 'test run' new strains :peace:

looking good - all caught up - following from here on out :)

How do you like the LED compared to your HPS ? Is it worth the investment ? Would you choose the Platinum LED again if you had to buy a LED system today ?

yes, and yes ;)

the bud density, and quality are way ahead of what I produced under HPS. I have bought a P150 recently to veg under, so that is three units I have purchased. I'm not sponsored, and put my money where I felt it would do the best for me. could I have saved some money and bought something cheaper? yes. would it grow herb? yes.

I could also drive a hatchback, get where I was going and save money, instead, I drive a 5 series; same rules apply to the lights, you get what you pay for :peace:

yeah, photo period plants are just regular plants that we're all used to growing. but thye can be started 12/12 form seed,

This can be done with all seeds. The only thing you need to make sure is that with non-auto seeds, you need to cut the nightcycle in two with an hour of light to prevent them from flowering. I use this method, with CFL's, and my plants look awesome if I may say so myself :p

I never considered it tbh, I had looked at two P300s, but settled on the P450, then bought the P300 to run a pair of autos. if the P600 was square profiled instead of rectangular, I would have had one of them instead.

the P150 is for seedlings up to three weeks :peace:

Why I am asking, is because for about the same price, you'll have 3 P150's, for the same amount of light ... which should result in better canopy coverage and thus better spread of light, or am I making a thinking error here ?

3 x P150s would cost $687, but a single P450 is $539 - so there is a fair difference in price

2 x P300s would cost $738, and imo represents better value than 3 x P150s

the units also require 5 inches between them, so a P450 will fit places that 3 x P150s will not

but if you have the space, then 3 P150s would work well, and provide good coverage, but I don't think it would be better than running 2 x P300s :peace:

quick update and questions; as some of you may remember, I am colour blind, and so require a little assistance with the amber trichs in the pics below;

'dem buds - the 90 degree lol bent one is a Delicious Cotton Candy, in a .9 gallon pot, 12/12'd from seed under the P450, it's 5 weeks old now and won't stop growing, so much so that I've had to bend it as per the pic below...

DSC020355.JPG

so, any ambers in these?

number_4.jpg

number_31.jpg

number_12.jpg

thanks for looking :peace:

Back
Top Bottom