4 days
DSC008467.JPG

10 days
DSC0091510.JPG

15 days [topped at 6th node]
IMG_31456.JPG

Flowering begins this Sunday, I'll update at least weekly with pics etc

Re: theengineer; grow journal #1

it's fine, this is my first journal, but not my first grow - I ran 2 x 300w CFLs that generated tent temps of over 38 degrees, the 600w HPS and cooltube are like cheese & crackers, they're a perfect match and give very, very resinous buds :Namaste:

pot size is 20cm x 20cm x 20cm, which is 3.5 litre, or 0.77 gallons for you guys in the US

I have pulled 3.8 ounces of Sour Diesel from one of these pots, which was loads to be honest, but I never pull less than 60 grams per plant

I have smaller pots I used to use for 12/12 from seeds that produced 1.4 to 1.8 ounces per pot, and they're only 2 litre, or .48 gallon...

...I know this is probably contrary to what you have read on pot size in the past, but I can only go by my own experience!

the plants wil respond rapidly to the increase in lumens from the 600w when you put them in flower ,they will quickly fill your growspace ,big fat crowns :)

that's why I only veg for 3 weeks now; I vegged a Lemon Kush for 6 weeks, and in flower it just dominated everything, I had to tie two colas down to grow horizontally, then curl them inwards, otherwise they'd have been at least 7 foot!

2 days after topping; I think I might have FIM'd, or even completely FIM'd them, rather than topping - they aren't growing as I'd expect, but time will tell :Namaste:

Sour Diesel
DSC010378.JPG

Amnesia Haze
DSC010398.JPG

day 20 - Amnesia Haze & Sour Diesel, now under LED

DSC010467.JPG

Jack - 8 days, LED burn, now under CFL

DSC010498.JPG

Jack - 8 days CFL from seed

DSC0104810.JPG

Nice work. Love seeing sativa dominant strains. Like your setup and you could tell from your first pics that although this was your first grow journal you have been growing before. I don't think any newb (me included) would have ever put their cfl that close to a seedling if you didn't know what you were doing.

Looking forward to seeing more!

that's why I only veg for 3 weeks now; I vegged a Lemon Kush for 6 weeks, and in flower it just dominated everything, I had to tie two colas down to grow horizontally, then curl them inwards, otherwise they'd have been at least 7 foot!

Do you give your plants any time to become accustomed to the 600 watt environment or just flip right over and 12/12 it from the beginning?

Thanks.

I just flip them straight into the grow tent matey, from CFL to HPS, they show no ill effects.

Nice work. Love seeing sativa dominant strains. Like your setup and you could tell from your first pics that although this was your first grow journal you have been growing before. I don't think any newb (me included) would have ever put their cfl that close to a seedling if you didn't know what you were doing.

Looking forward to seeing more!

indeed, I have a couple of harvests under my tent now, and the seedlings love the proximity of the CFLs; they are very cool [to touch], and the pics show how they progress, with nice tight nodes and thick foliage :Namaste:

Amnesia Haze was fim'd, and has for tops now, but the Sour Diesel had to be done again as I totally fim'd it lol

quick update just before the 12/12 tent goes up

Amnesia Haze - 21 days, fim repair
DSC010934.JPG

Sour D & Amnesia day 22
DSC010945.JPG

Jack - can't believe this recovered from the burning!
DSC010973.JPG

and the other Jack - CFL
DSC010983.JPG

thanks for looking :Namaste:

tent is up and the Amnesia Haze and Sour Diesel are now in and under 12/12 lighting schedule

full

DSC011013.JPG

USB fan setup, wired all round. PC fan intakes x 2, circulatory fans x 2, PC fan extraction x 1 (at top) - this runs 27/7 to cover when the main fan shuts off with the lamp and allow us to sleep.

full

DSC011035.JPG

I'm only running the ballast at 400w right now whilst there are only two plants in there, 600w would be a waste, I think.

both plants given a litre of water with 3 ml of Earth Juice Leaf this morning, and now they're under the HPS, I find they need watering ever other day, with a feed each time.

the two Jacks are now under the LED [not too close!]

I have a Barney's unmentionable strain just cracked the surface, too, so I'll chart it's progress in time.

I've got trouble trying to get a Cali Connection Tahoe OG Kush to germ, and now break soil. In addition, I've a Positronics Jack Diesel that won't germ, either - rather annoying given these are among the most expensive seeds, all the Royal Queen ones etc germ in 3 or 4 days max, but the JD has been 5 now...

thanks for looking :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom