TheFrizz Is Back! VC/DC, CBD Therapy & Northern Lights Medical Grow For Mom

A lot of love (and by love I mean smashing stems and tearing off leaves) went into achieving their structure

:rofl: Sometimes a little discipline goes a long way.

Great work Frizz, why you're not letting them grow more vertically, seems like tent allows that?

If you want an even canopy, you have to do some strict training to keep them short enough to establish that flat even canopy. Once you get the canopy set, you let them grow upwards.

Great work Frizz, why you're not letting them grow more vertically, seems like tent allows that?

If you want an even canopy, you have to do some strict training to keep them short enough to establish that flat even canopy. Once you get the canopy set, you let them grow upwards.

Hi letrude, great question!

Imtoasted answered it nicely, I will add on this personal anecdote as well:

My first grow, I let them freely stretch throughout flower and it was a nightmare because Queen Sativa stretched a foot taller than the other 3....So she got light bleaching on her tops and the other 3 got less light overall because I had to move the light up to accommodate her.

So for this grow, I decided to control (i.e. supercrop the heck out of) the canopy and try to get more light into the depths of each plant. I'd rather have a 1 foot tall canopy of solid frosty bud than 2 feet tall of leaves and fluff, if that makes sense :)

Thanks for answer Frizz.
I have 4 different strains (all manifolded), one week from switching to flowering, and 2 of them came a lot shorter than other 2. But I hope it's genetics and they will stretch up in flowering. Is it a good thing to put something under them so they are even, if I'm planning to install SCROG today?
Also, how is Yaddle doing?

Thanks for answer Frizz.
I have 4 different strains (all manifolded), one week from switching to flowering, and 2 of them came a lot shorter than other 2. But I hope it's genetics and they will stretch up in flowering. Is it a good thing to put something under them so they are even, if I'm planning to install SCROG today?
Also, how is Yaddle doing?

Yep you can absolutely put blocks under them assuming it won't mess with drainage of pipes etc. I did this for Derpy in my 1st grow, put a landscape brick or two under her so she was the same height as the other 3. I did this around the same growth stage you are at and it worked pretty well for her.

As for Yaddle, there have been some, uhm, "developments" that will be revealed at a later date :;): Let's just say it hasn't been boring!

P.S. I just reread my post from earlier, and I think I am getting senile already. :laughtwo: Sorry Van Stank, I don't know why I referenced Toasted instead of you, it was your post in the quote too hahaha.

Yep you can absolutely put blocks under them assuming it won't mess with drainage of pipes etc. I did this for Derpy in my 1st grow, put a landscape brick or two under her so she was the same height as the other 3. I did this around the same growth stage you are at and it worked pretty well for her.

As for Yaddle, there have been some, uhm, "developments" that will be revealed at a later date :;): Let's just say it hasn't been boring!

P.S. I just reread my post from earlier, and I think I am getting senile already. :laughtwo: Sorry Van Stank, I don't know why I referenced Toasted instead of you, it was your post in the quote too hahaha.

LOL, no worries. It happens to the best of us!

FYI-A copper based ring for your fella, will give him a nice dirty (greenish/brown) ring finger! Sure you want that?
:)

Thanks for the kinds words and advice! :love: The green outline on the skin is a totally valid point regarding copper jewelry. Fortunately we plan on exchanging newly made rings each year on our anniversary, so if the color is too much, he only has to deal with it for a relatively short time :laughtwo:

Thanks for the kinds words and advice! :love: The green outline on the skin is a totally valid point regarding copper jewelry. Fortunately we plan on exchanging newly made rings each year on our anniversary, so if the color is too much, he only has to deal with it for a relatively short time :laughtwo:

Keeping a coat of wax on it might help ;)

But if he's anything like me, my wife was the last one to put it on. And she'll be the last to take it off

Hiya folks, today is Day 58 (Week 8) of flowering! I will be checking the trichomes under a microscope in a few days to see how close the girls are to harvest time! I am guessing between 1-2 weeks left on them. Jenny might be ready sooner, but I say hey lets keep her getting fatter! No need to pull her early unless she starts throwing nanners :)

General grow stats:

Temps-
Been in the high 80s and 90's in the grow tent thanks to summer actually starting here, water temps are stable between 68-71 degrees thanks to the chiller!

pH- Well I had a minor mishap, got distracted by other things for a day or two and the pH dropped into the 4's in Muffinz bucket. As a result, she cannibalized most of her fan leaves to preserve the buds. So I did some trimming on her to remove the dead crinkly stuff, but now she and Sidney are basically both just budsicles without any fan leaves left! :laughtwo: Other than that, pH has stayed around 5.6-5.8 ish since my last update.

Nutes- Been topping off with a mixture of the following dissolved in 5 gallons of tap water: 1/2 tsp of each of the 3 Jack's powders, 1 crushed 250 mg Vitamin C tablet (neutralizes chlorine), 2 tsp fulvic acid powder, 1/2 tsp humic acid powder. Comes out to around 450 ppm and a pH of 5.9. They drink this much every 3 days.

Also I started using a new beneficial bacteria product recommended by our very own Mr. Latitude17! It is called Southern Ag Garden- Friendly Biological Fungicide and contains the same active ingredient as Hydroguard. Except....it is insanely concentrated, for the same price! By insanely concentrated, I mean: Contains: 98.85% Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747, Other ingredients: 1.15%. Very happy with the results so far, it helped my neighbors DWC plants survive the heat wave we had without a chiller!

Humidity: Between 30-45% most days. It's really hot and really dry upstairs.

Training- All I have really done training wise is backbuild Sidney and Muffinz top buds, that was a week ago.

In these pics the ladies aren't as frosty as they were a few days ago. I think they will look better once the temps go back down into the 60s/70s. Heat is no bueno for trichomes (it was 95 degrees in the tent yesterday)!

Anyhoo, time for pics! :cheer:

Top view of tent
Weeks_7-8_flower_043.jpg

Jenny: She has been purpling nicely and her buds continue to swell!
Weeks_7-8_flower_035.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_047.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_039.jpg

Monique- She is much "daintier" than Jenny but still has tons of nice tasty buds :)
Weeks_7-8_flower_036.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_044.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_041.jpg

Muffinz- She has the fattest "colas" of the 4, probably because when flowering started, she was literally just 16 tiny growth tips, so there was no time for lateral buds to spread out. :laughtwo:
Weeks_7-8_flower_037.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_045.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_040.jpg

Sidney- She recovered well from her pH drop a couple weeks ago and her buds just keep getting fatter!
Weeks_7-8_flower_038.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_046.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_042.jpg

Macro shot to wrap it up:
Weeks_7-8_flower_034.jpg

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome and appreciated! Next update will be microscope pics to determine harvest date! :thanks::Namaste:

~TheFrizz

Cant wait to see the trichrome pics.. its always really exciting looking at them! Havent checked mine in a week or so cant wait to look at them tomorrow. I love the way your ladies grew, this journal has been a great learning experience for anyone following along. Nice to see you got a purple pheno with jenny, i dont see it in the other ladies. Her smoke will be special but it all is in the end im sure.

Beautiful plants! Wow! The training and defoliation is awesome! And for what better cause then "Mom". My passed is 2004 when I was in my late teens. Never take the time given for granted. Just saying, not to be mushy or anything, lol. But time is precious...use it wisely.

Amazing job though. I'm definitely going to be sticking around!

Aw hell...ET done joined us!! Welcome to our plantet....our 420 green planet!

Hiya folks, today is Day 58 (Week 8) of flowering! I will be checking the trichomes under a microscope in a few days to see how close the girls are to harvest time! I am guessing between 1-2 weeks left on them. Jenny might be ready sooner, but I say hey lets keep her getting fatter! No need to pull her early unless she starts throwing nanners :)

General grow stats:

Temps-
Been in the high 80s and 90's in the grow tent thanks to summer actually starting here, water temps are stable between 68-71 degrees thanks to the chiller!

pH- Well I had a minor mishap, got distracted by other things for a day or two and the pH dropped into the 4's in Muffinz bucket. As a result, she cannibalized most of her fan leaves to preserve the buds. So I did some trimming on her to remove the dead crinkly stuff, but now she and Sidney are basically both just budsicles without any fan leaves left! :laughtwo: Other than that, pH has stayed around 5.6-5.8 ish since my last update.

Nutes- Been topping off with a mixture of the following dissolved in 5 gallons of tap water: 1/2 tsp of each of the 3 Jack's powders, 1 crushed 250 mg Vitamin C tablet (neutralizes chlorine), 2 tsp fulvic acid powder, 1/2 tsp humic acid powder. Comes out to around 450 ppm and a pH of 5.9. They drink this much every 3 days.

Also I started using a new beneficial bacteria product recommended by our very own Mr. Latitude17! It is called Southern Ag Garden- Friendly Biological Fungicide and contains the same active ingredient as Hydroguard. Except....it is insanely concentrated, for the same price! By insanely concentrated, I mean: Contains: 98.85% Bacillus amyloliquefaciens strain D747, Other ingredients: 1.15%. Very happy with the results so far, it helped my neighbors DWC plants survive the heat wave we had without a chiller!

Humidity: Between 30-45% most days. It's really hot and really dry upstairs.

Training- All I have really done training wise is backbuild Sidney and Muffinz top buds, that was a week ago.

In these pics the ladies aren't as frosty as they were a few days ago. I think they will look better once the temps go back down into the 60s/70s. Heat is no bueno for trichomes (it was 95 degrees in the tent yesterday)!

Anyhoo, time for pics! :cheer:

Top view of tent
Weeks_7-8_flower_043.jpg

Jenny: She has been purpling nicely and her buds continue to swell!
Weeks_7-8_flower_035.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_047.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_039.jpg

Monique- She is much "daintier" than Jenny but still has tons of nice tasty buds :)
Weeks_7-8_flower_036.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_044.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_041.jpg

Muffinz- She has the fattest "colas" of the 4, probably because when flowering started, she was literally just 16 tiny growth tips, so there was no time for lateral buds to spread out. :laughtwo:
Weeks_7-8_flower_037.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_045.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_040.jpg

Sidney- She recovered well from her pH drop a couple weeks ago and her buds just keep getting fatter!
Weeks_7-8_flower_038.jpg

Weeks_7-8_flower_046.jpg
Weeks_7-8_flower_042.jpg

Macro shot to wrap it up:
Weeks_7-8_flower_034.jpg

As always, questions, comments, and feedback are welcome and appreciated! Next update will be microscope pics to determine harvest date! :thanks::Namaste:

~TheFrizz

I'm in awe!!

Back
Top Bottom