Thejoey's Groweys

Parrot99

G'day

So this is my first grow in years and its a stealth one which is heaps different to what i did in the past, anyways I've forgotten almost everything but how to smoke it :)

I have bought this set up....

IMG_139029.JPG

View image in gallery

Still waiting on 1 package to arrive, should be here tomorrow. The one I'm waiting on is the T5 CFL and Various accessories.

Strain ill be growing is Blueberry Kush and it may be auto flowering, i have to confirm this with a mate....

Will post more as i go obviously but some input would be great.... I asked the following question elsewhere and got little to no responses so ill ask again here... My questions are:

" So I've been researching and i cant seem to find a lot on here about people using both CFLs and LEDs? Im probably just too high to find the pages but hey, why not ask away you guys seem friendly

Ok so i bought a tent package off ebay, I've linked it before in other posts but then haven't seen a lot of people linking external buys on here so have opted to not do that yet, anyway everything is on its way this week....

In aus we use centimetres so have no idea what it is in inches sorry, its 80x80x160 Gro cell brand tent, the lights that are coming with it are 4 x 24 T5 CFLs and 2x LED panels, the LED panels seem basic (i haven't actually viewed them in person yet)

My question is how do i rock all three lights during initial, veg and flowering phase? Im talking heights, combining both light types, when to and when not to etc.

I have done research on here about light cycle durations too, it seems people opt for 18/6 or 20/4 in some cases? The strain is blueberry kush and may be an auto flowering (my mate bought the seeds, yet to confirm, but his turned on its own but he did leave it outside for a while late in our season)

I would have though 24/0 and 12/12 would be the go.

I am also going to try and extend the vegging to attempt bigger yield, i am only doing one...

Ill see how i go with training and topping too

This is my first grow - i will most likely start a journal. This is just me researching first Will start once tent arrives

Cheers cobbas (thats mate/friend hahaha) "

That was directly copied and pasted so sorry if I've repeated myself in any way...

Stayed tuned mates :)

Ok so I've now had to order seeds my order was:

Your Order Contains the Following Items:
1 x GreenHouse Seeds Pure Kush Feminized Cannabis Seeds | Pot Seeds
1 x Sativa Seedbank New York Power Diesel Feminized Cannabis Seeds
1 x Sativa Seedbank Raspberry Cough Feminized Cannabis Seeds

what do you guys think and has anyone grown any one of these before?

OK so Raspberry Cough is rated at medium difficulty growing and has a flowering time up to 11-12 weeks and pure kush is 9 weeks flowering and rated easy to grow... I would be interested to see if i could stretch the pure kush a bit more via light being a denser shorter plant and then flowering. But purely for its medicinal purposes id like to try smoking the cough for anxiety.... Its a hard one to choose?!

That's a nice looking kit! I'm growing even simpler and trying to do more of a budget grow. I picked up some clones so I'm ahead of the game on the growth cycle. I plan to top my plants and then train. Two plants 8 tops, I'm going to veg until they are 3 feet tall and then push. I'm looking forward to see what you do. I'm starting back up after a long break too, if I were you I'd grow one of each. Why not? Keep'em green!

That's a nice looking kit! I'm growing even simpler and trying to do more of a budget grow. I picked up some clones so I'm ahead of the game on the growth cycle. I plan to top my plants and then train. Two plants 8 tops, I'm going to veg until they are 3 feet tall and then push. I'm looking forward to see what you do. I'm starting back up after a long break too, if I were you I'd grow one of each. Why not? Keep'em green!

Thanks mate, yeh the rest of it gets here tomorrow so ill be busy and try to keep you guys posted. Nice one on the clones. The reason being for one is that its semi legal to do just one plant in my state

Thanks mate, yeh the rest of it gets here tomorrow so ill be busy and try to keep you guys posted. Nice one on the clones. The reason being for one is that its semi legal to do just one plant in my state

What state? I'm in Cali and fully embracing our new law, I just wish they'd chill on the guns... No more politics!

Oh I'm not in America :) but good for you guys i want to go to Cali I'm a big fan of west coast hip hop

Ah yes, the rap scene. I've outgrown that phase, I'm a classic rock fan. If it's too loud you're too old!!! Where are you? "Joey," Do you live on an island...

Ok so for those following heres an update, I've been setting up the tent and my packages were missing a few bits and pieces the company i bought from are rectifying, hopefully the parts will be here by the weekend.. Im missing ducting and timers etc.

I rigged the lights up at same height fixed, as high as i could, i will just adjust plant height with milk crates etc

Im going for a straight CF filter the Grofan to duct out the top and ducting down the bottom to ensure sufficient air flow

Cant decide on which one strain so i think ill try and germinate 2, the sativas, NYPD and Raspberry Cough, as they are also similar in flower times and height and also i want the medicinal properties of them.

Stay tuned.... peace

Set-up upgrade update - Changing from generic led to a Mars Hydro 600. I purchased that today. So everything will be here by next week hopefully, ill keep you guys posted.

So now the total lighting for 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 tent will be a T5 4x 24w CFLs and Mars Hydro 600 LED

Im thinking this is going to be quite sufficient lighting from the research I've done so far.... Just want everything up and running now :/

Set-up upgrade update - Changing from generic led to a Mars Hydro 600. I purchased that today. So everything will be here by next week hopefully, ill keep you guys posted.

So now the total lighting for 2.5 x 2.5 x 5 tent will be a T5 4x 24w CFLs and Mars Hydro 600 LED

Im thinking this is going to be quite sufficient lighting from the research I've done so far.... Just want everything up and running now :/

You've got amazing patience, it will be beneficial as move through your grow.

Not usually haha but we will see how i go... be a diff story if the seeds were here but.... what do you think of the lighting upgrade :) ??

I'm sure it's BAF, but I'd need to see some pics to say for sure. I was checking out some LED lights last night and found a 1000w LED for like $105 USD. I was tempted but I promised the wife I'd keep it cheep for this run. I have however procured approval for a tent when I get to the flowering stage. That also leads to ventilation fans, intake & exhaust. I'm looking forward to a tent grow already.

Let's see some pics of your set up!!!!

I'm sure it's BAF, but I'd need to see some pics to say for sure. I was checking out some LED lights last night and found a 1000w LED for like $105 USD. I was tempted but I promised the wife I'd keep it cheep for this run. I have however procured approval for a tent when I get to the flowering stage. That also leads to ventilation fans, intake & exhaust. I'm looking forward to a tent grow already.

Yeh we have cheaper manufactured ones on ebay.

Yes we are way overdue for pictures. its virtually just a tent still few things hanging but nothings fully set up cant move forward without the ducting. But i promise to have everything set up, in pics by next weekend. Hopefully.

OK I'm not sure how to link the items or if I'm allowed too, but yeh so now ill have a t5 4x24w CFL (which i will use for sprouting i think, and a Mars Hydro 600 (think its the older model) 120x5w full spectrum LED light which i will kick off a few days after sprouting :)

If thats not the best way for sprouts - someone please advise? Cheers

Thejoey

And congrats on going to have a tent :)

Back
Top Bottom