Re: TheNewbies grow journal (autos)

image9905.jpg
amnesia cola bud around 8-9 weeks
image9906.jpg
white widow cola around 7-8 weeks
How many more weeks till I should harvest? They were last fed Thursday

Start checking the trichomes.

Amber color trichs are what you are looking for. A lot of growers look for 50-80% amber. It depends on what kind of high you want. If you want weed that's a little more up-ie harvest with fewer amber trichs. If you want couch-lock, harvest when you have more amber.

Do you have a jewelers loope or a pocket or usb microscope? You'll want to get one of those things, Loopes are quite inexpensive, and very handy. Besides checking trichs they are also important when looking for pests.

This is the part of the grow where I get impatient. But it's the part where the patience pays off. Those buds look super dank. dense and smelly! Very nice work Newbie! +Reps

Yes, sir. those would do you just fine! Get one with a bigger eye hole. I got a 60x pocket microscope and it eyehole is so small it's kinda hard to use. I borrowed my buddy 21mm 30x loope and although it's not as magnified, it's much easier to use.

I just recently bought myself a usb microscope and that is fun ot use because I don't have to try anf get my face into the plant. It also takes pictures and video so that's pretty cool too. round 40 bucks on cramazon. I still use the loope a little more often than the usb micro

You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

I appreciate it, if you want to see pros tho I would hit up kingjohnc and sweetleafs grows there how you say mouthwatering :)

I appreciate it, if you want to see pros tho I would hit up kingjohnc and sweetleafs grows there how you say mouthwatering :)

Oh man, thank you so much for the kind words. I feel like I have just gotten luck so far with my going. Seriously, thank you.

Hey guys any tips on trimming drying and curing like supplies and techniques?

I am still really trying to figure that out for myself. I pretty much learned how to trim by watching Weed Wars. :laughtwo: Drying and curing I still haven't gotten down yet :)

No problem brotha! And I read it should be in a dark room or box at 85' with a little breeze just to circulate airflow and with trimming cut off the fan leaves (this can even be done a week prior to harvest) and the cut ever leaves that's just green with very little to know resin but I don't know if I trim before I hang to dry or after they dry.

I trim everything except the sugar leaf, before washing and hanging my buds. Then once the are dry, I give them the final manicure where I remove all the sugar leaf and trim the bud so it looks nice. Then into jars to cue. The buds currently in the jar are getting real nice! By the time the other 7 autos come down, I am hoping to have a better handle on it. :)

Oh man, I should have mentioned. I hang them for just a few hours after the wash, until they are done dripping, then I put them on a drying rack until the are dry, then the final manicure followed by jars.

Sorry dude. I skipped a big pat of my thing.

As far as conditions, they are just on the rack in my closet. I don't actually pay too much attention to the conditions. I check the RH every day, but it's never too high so I don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom