TheNewbies Grow Journal - Autos

Re: TheNewbies grow journal (autos)

I think I'll string them in the tent after there done till the stems snap then I'll trim and mason jar it up

Hey guys any tips on trimming drying and curing like supplies and techniques?

Where do you hang them and in what conditions

I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, They come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Softouch Micro Tip Pruning Snip

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

doesn't washing the bud ruin it or at least reduce it's potency?

It hasn't in my experience. The buds taste amazing too!

Check this out. Bud Washing It's a thread explaining how and why someone might wash the buds. Makes sense to me, and seems like a good practice.

Two ?s. 1. Can I cut off the fan leaves while it's still up and 2. If I cut down the humidity will it force the plants to take up all the water faster?

Tomorrow's the day! I'll take pics of the plant before I cut it and after to let you guys check it out!

Your drying conditions are dry, if you have a cool mist humidifier to raise the humidity to 62% in the area where you are drying your buds. You want a finished 62% humidity level in your buds.

The plants will dry to a lower humidity content and require re hydrating to bring up the humidity back to 62%. When the stems on your buds just begin to break from the stem cut them off into your storage containers to begin curing. Boveda makes a humidity pack that can automatically cure your buds at 62% humidity.

https://www.bovedainc.com store herbal

Back
Top Bottom