Theories on Feminized Seeds

GreenWeaver

My theory is; every living entities has a "Self Preservation Mechanism". For humans...production of adrenalin will give a person strength to preserve life. I think marijuana Female plants produce pollen when subjected to great stress @ light fluctuation, sprayed with colloidal silver etc...to preserve it's self...thus the word "Selfie".

My theory is; every living entities has a "Self Preservation Mechanism". For humans...production of adrenalin will give a person strength to preserve life. I think marijuana Female plants produce pollen when subjected to great stress @ light fluctuation, sprayed with colloidal silver etc...to preserve it's self...thus the word "Selfie".
very good assement and i agree with u..im only a outdoor grower and i have never in all my years growing seen a hermi..i didnt even know what a hermi was till i join weed growing forums..i always thought it was just male or female plants..i also didnt know about all the strains of weed they had out either lol i always thought they just had skunk or killer for the good shit and rag weed or shitweed for the bad weed..these fourms has helped me alot with my growing even tho i was a experienced grower at the time i joined these places..cant get much better advice then what folks like ur self and many others provide to all growers around the world

I was diagnosed with a rare disease after over 22 years of honorable service in the USAF. Chemo, stem cell transplant and marijuana seem to keep the disease at bay...unfortunately it already destroyed both of my kidneys. I was compelled to grow/breed my own medicine simply because this planet still runs on GREED!!. One marijuana plant produces hundreds of seeds...why would you charge your brothers and sisters $10. or more dollars a seed? The seed of compassion must be planted and let it begin with ME!!

Nature Always Finds A Way...to join what naturally must join...Cannabis the only key on this planet that fits receptors throughout our body for one reason only...Total Well-Being and Preservation by seeking out and destroying cancer cell before they can gather to form cancer.
Human Endo-Cannabinoid Systen...synergy of life...The Uncharted Shores Of Well-Being...the undiscovered country!

PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHT...

We are using only one third of our brain's capacity...imagine creating a strain to access the other two third??

One Flew Over The Co-coo's Nest...Two Pennies

There are two main ways to create your own feminized cannabis seeds:

using rodelization as nature does it
Or the colloidal silver spray method
when colloidal silver solution-is sprayed regularly on a -female cannabis plants during the early flowering stage, she will grow male "balls" (which are full of female pollen) instead of growing buds.-You can use this all-female pollen to pollinate another female plant. With two female plants as parents, ALL the seeds will end up being female.

Rodelization-takes advantage of the fact that a female plant will try to pollinate herself as a last resort when she doesn't get pollinated and is nearing the end of her lifecycle. That is why sometimes older or stressed female plants grow a few male "balls" or nanners as a last-ditch attempt to self-pollinate. When successful, she will grow a few seeds

These self-pollinated seeds will have gotten it's genes from the-same female plant, so both parent genetics are female, and all resulting seeds will be female.

Thanks FP,
Harvesting female pollen sacks will provide me multiple strains to experiment on in one "over ripe" harvest!
Looking forward to returning the favor...just private message me.

Grow Well and Prosper--GW

No problemo GW im glad i could help. And best of luck in your breeding journeys. Just pay it foward friend.
Nature always finds/has a way. A plants life is all about procreating to pass its own genetic code to offspring thus furthering its future survival.

Charlotte's Web is a Hemp plant cross with a Cannabis plant...The beginning of medicinal hemp...I will cross hemp with multiple cannabis strains...I will make billions of seeds so that "greed" will no longer be a factor. As an artist and a breeder and a stem cell transplant survivor...I will spend my second chance of life preaching the TRUTH!

Feminized seeds are great, except most of the time you run the chance of that seedling become a hermie itself. I've seen it so many times, it's like it captures that stress hormone and harnesses it in the genetics for the seeds. Thus when temp spikes for a day my 86 plant indoor grow was raped. No matter what I do with feminized seeds they always hermie in the end.

morning GW

:nicethread:./.... there is good medicine in ur words.......:goodjob:

best of luck on ur quest,,,, hoping u find that ''special'' seed that makes ur situation more manageable........

I only tried feminized this yr and it turned out great, we had five of them and they all did good, but, I have heard of this problem before and was made aware of the possibility that it could turn ''hermie'' ''but'' luck was with us this yr. ........:slide::goodluck:

be well and regards

fringe50

OK, so now I'm old and confused. Does this mean that any females that are stressed or over-ripened, when they produce pollen, are actually hermies? And that if you get feminized seeds that aren't produced by colloidal silver, those seeds come from hermies? Also, if you have seeds from a female that was stressed, that those seeds, even though they don't get stressed, will still produce hermies? My head hurts.

Now that I got everybody thinking...let's develop thesis. From a "stress" method of feminizing seeds:
1. Will hermaphrodite tendencies transfer to the seedlings...currently growing seeds from a stress mom...we will know the answer when I flip to 12/12. The next method I will try next is colloidal silver...this is a perfect forum for group learning...thanks!

I'm also interested in the topic. I haven't found much information on the offspring of hermaphrodites that wasn't from seed suppliers, and I take what they say with the usual grain of salt.

I currently have 2 clones under 12/12 from a mother Rocklock plant (clone) that went hermaphrodite. The owner of the mother plant claims it was stressed before it went herm. It pollinated everything. His setup was pretty haphazard, so I can believe they got a lot of stress.

3 weeks ago, I planted a bunch of the mother's seeds and started G2 clones so they'd be in sync for a harvest. The mother plant's morphology is really well suited to my compact grow setup, so I'm hoping going hermie is not an inherent trait. It would also be nice to make use of the fem seeds too.

Hopefully, I'll be able to add a few more data points about clones and seeds from cannabis hermaphrodites.

Back
Top Bottom