There all dying on me can someone help ?

Zenmaster

i started some plants not to long ago and there all fallin down and turning yellow on me now i know they had spider mites and i got some soap and neem oil and killed them off but there still diein smokin moose told me it looked like an over watering problem so i think hes probly right but maybe sumone could give me another idea on what to do maybe ? heres what they look like as of yesterday night i'll take some more pics soon if they keep goin south tanks for the ideas oh yeah sorry about the red light the led's kinda mess it up

03-19-08_0016.jpg

Re: there all dieing on me :( can someone help ?

i'm not using just the leds i took out the florescents i had in there because they were burning the plants and heating up the room allot so there just a 250 watt metal halide in there plus the led's

so just dont water them for a few days untill they stand back up and soil is dry ?

ok kool thanks for the info dude i'll wait a couple few days see if they dry out and leaves get better or not

It may take some time. In the mean time, I would get those LED's 2" off the plant. They can even touch, they won't burn. You are getting a lot of energy put into stretch from the 250 being up high and the LEDs being 1 foot or more away. Just my opinion.

I came across this, which surprised me, as I initially thought the same as Boss re distance from the plants.

How far from my plants should LEDGrowLights be placed?
Position red and blue lights 12-24 inches from the plants. Positioning red and blue lights too close to plants may result in unacceptable growth.

Full-spectrum lights may be placed as close as 3 inches to your plants.

Growing Tips:

Reducing the distance between a light and the plants by one half increases the intensity of the light reaching the plant by four times.

Use more blue light to produce sturdier seedlings and to help contain trailing, sprawling or aggressive plants.

For leaf crops, switch to all red light at the end of the growing cycle to increase yields.

Blue lights may be used alone as a supplement for HPS lighting.

Red lights may be used as a supplement for sunlight or MH lights

yea i thought the red spectrum was replacement for the hps bulb not the metal halide and i did have the light placed right up against the plants but it gave them spots because the leds make a circle type shadow on them so i found it better to keep them about 6 inches or so away so the light blended equally around the whole room and the plants and didn't have that ring look from the lights on the plants like when u get them really close up oh yeah i churned up the soil with my fingers around the roots were they were not at so theres dry/stil wet dirt but atleast its halfway dry near the bottom now on one of the plants and not just dry at the top part and soaked near the bottom we'll see if that helps or hinders it just thought it might help so we'll see

all of the top leaves are standing straight up almost on them now and when there almost up they start to wilt down and turn yellow now you guys know what would make them do that ?

ph said it was just under 7 the temp in here is usually about 85 to 95 same in the room it got lowered allot tho since i took out the florescents its about 70 now and maybe 60 at night i have a 4' x 3' x 6' room and a oscelating fan at the top blowing on the Metal Halide light dont have a way to get fresh air in except open the door but i do that once or twice a day to keep the temps down and lights is just a 250 MH now and 900 red led's i thought the red ones were for flowering but mooses post tells otherwise i think i took some pics of them just now i'll post them when there approved but they just keep reaching for the sky now and when they reach the top or all the way stretched they start wilting and goin down and now its at the tops of the plant

heres what the tip looks like now the bud is down at the bottom of the water leaf and the leaf is stood straight up and is about to turn brown n curl

03-19-08_2236.jpg

heres why i think the led's shouldn't be used close up because when they are close up it makes a concentrated beam of light onto the leaf rather then blending with the rest evenly over the whole thing and the high power ones are even worse close up like the ever popular high powered ufo lights but i took a piece of paper because u can see the spots better then trying with a leaf because mine are all dead at the moment at the bottom of the paper you'll see the dots and as the paper gets futher away they blend together and become even rather then a buncha little dots right close up

all led's are a focused beam to a certain extent it dont matter what ones you use if you hold a piece of paper to it you'll see how it works its almost the same as a laser beam only its way way less voltage to move the electrons around to make the right color of light they make lasers for cd players cd writes out of all the same method its just thoes laser are much more powerfull then your standard low voltage led for growing plants so when they say undesired groth its big spots that have grown out of proportion to the others because of the focused light or so my brain tends to tell me as i read on about this and see the little tests ive tried and reading how the leds work on how stuff works.com and cd lasers work kinda strange your growin plants with little lasers rather then a big hot light bulb now if only i knew this much about the damn plant i might be able to make it grow aye lol u can read all about every led on earth here Howstuffworks "LED Advantages" were it says

LEDs are specially constructed to release a large number of photons outward. Additionally, they are housed in a plastic bulb that concentrates the light in a particular direction

so my idea to make this little project better is to make a large diode that released the photons over a more spread out space rather then focused down into a tiny led but to make a bulb almost out of it but use the same amount of power so u get more coverage but less concentration over the whole plant not sure if this is just a stoned idea but it seems to me if they did make a bigger diode that spread out the photons plants just mgiht grow a bit better rather then getting the concentrated amount being shoved forward out of that tiny little bulb but hell if i know i'm justa stoner whos killing my plants and really needs some help on how to fix them

Wow, this is turning into an interesting thread on LED's.
Now to your plants. I now believe you have a Potassium deficiency, caused by nutrient lockout, caused by over watering.
Wet/dry cycle most important. ALSO, spray with sea tea, which is a tonic that contains small amounts of naturally chelated potassium. This will greatly benefit your plants, and assist in correcting the K deficiency. Keep fert levels when watering to 50%dilution, until new growth seems healthier. Keep the sea tea up until a week before harvest.

ok i already bought some liquid sand but its not here yet and the tops of the plants are starting to buckle under and fall downward like the second plant now the soil is almost getting to dry so i'm gonna wait untill the silicate gets here and water it with that i guess it wont be here untill tmoorrow but i supose thats just another good day of the soil drying up its almost there i can put a moisture meter about half way into the soil now before it gets to soaking wet but there gettin there except there still dieing more but the only good news is i started some more seeds and there sprouting already for the next time around at this whole deal were gonna try hydroponics like last time cause that worked to good thanks for the info on the potassium thing moose i'll try to put some on there tomorrow unless u think its to early to water them they havent been watered in almost a week now but i have been spraying them with some neem oil at night before i goto bed up under the leaves to keep them damn bugs back

Bio-Genesis Liquid Sand Potassium Silicate Supplement, 1 quart: J from EmeraldElectronic.com - Hydroponics & Gardening - Nutrient Enhancers i found this in another post on here so i got some and it should be here tomorrow i'll take some pics of anything that might help you guys to solve my issue here but the only thing i can see making changes are the leaves wilting down right after they almost stand straight up

i just seen your plants and i had the same sort of problem i take it that your growing a sativa but which strain is it? how long was it grown in the veg stage for and have you used the same lights as in pics from day 1? i think your growing them way to tall for starters have you topped or prunned them, i would do in future when growing these strains as you can sreate ovely long fat colas smply by trimming, try it next time to get the best results, there overall very tall weak plants try to keep them small and easy to maintain like 2 to 3 ft tops youll still achieve the same amount of bud with lots of practice, how dark your night time hours?

Back
Top Bottom