Thermal Camera Use Leads Unit to Pot in Findlay Home

hahahahahhahha what makes that funny is that If i heard of that happening to someone I wouldnt be surprised.

CK

i know of a few people losing there houses in ohio for this, because 1. the pot was in the attic.2. cops are also taking SOME of the apt. or house owners the same penalty of taking thier homes away. WTF TN

no we didn't lose our house, we have a real great landlord, we didn't lose are car either. there were less than 100 grams in here even though there were 28 plants only 3 were in flower the rest were in dixie cup cause they were clones he just cut. The kids are home now, we got them back about a month ago for good, we could see them and stay with them it was just gettin to have them home alone again that we had to fix. And NO there hasn't been any charges as of yet and it was over three months ago.

and Tonto I don't know who told you that but it's not true hun, it's a misdemeanor for under 100 grams check out norml's website for the laws darling

CNDMFP,

Thank you so much for posting. Being in Ohio your case interests me as I am also a grower. I grow for myself and family/friends, so I can keep one or two plants and be happy for a while. I am glad that it was less than 100 grams and that you were able to get the kids back most of all!

Findlay Couple Charged After Raid

A husband and wife have been charged in connection with a "soil-based marijuana grow operation" in a garage at 712 Scott Court in Findlay.

Andrew R. Pruitt, 27, and Crystal L. Pruitt, 31, both of Findlay, are facing multiple misdemeanor charges stemming from a January drug raid at the residence, when 28 marijuana plants were seized, according to Sgt. Justin Hendren of the Hancock County METRICH Drug Task Force.

Andrew Pruitt was charged with illegal cultivation of marijuana, endangering children, possession of drug paraphernalia, and drug abuse. His wife was charged with endangering children and permitting drug abuse.

They are scheduled for arraignment on June 30 in Findlay Municipal Court, according to court records.

There were three children at the home during the raid. They were taken to Blanchard Valley Hospital "because of the hazardous nature of the chemicals used for indoor cultivation of marijuana and the mold spores that are produced during the growing operation," according to police.

All three were later released from the hospital.

This led to charges of endangering children being filed, Hendren said.

County Prosecutor Mark Miller said because there were less than 200 grams of marijuana seized during the raid, the drug offenses were misdemeanors. Cultivating more than 200 grams of the drug would have been a felony, he said.

A crime tip about suspected drug abuse at the house led police to get a search warrant through municipal court, allowing them to use a thermal imaging camera during surveillance of the Scott Court residence.

The camera measured dissipating heat and surface temperatures, and provided a thermal image of the house and garage. Based on information from the camera, officers obtained a second search warrant allowing a search of the residence, according to police.

Source: TheCourier.com
Author: JORDAN CRAVENS
Copyright: 2010 The Findlay Publishing Company

i seen this thread from weed pipe what ever happened to him. i dont see him around any more.
weedpipe=Posts: 0
Id say ban hammer.

I assume thats why many threads say they have more pages than they really do (now)?

It sure would be nice for us new to 420, since the turmoil, to get a little filled in on what went down.

:reading420magazine:

Criminal tools are whatever the cops say they are.
Just as if you get busted with drugs in my state, and have perfectly legal firearms, stored in a gun safe that you use for hunting, they will still put the weapons enhancer charge with the drug charge.
Glad to hear the folks were charged with a misdemeanor rather than a felony. Think the economy and job hunting is bad, try looking for work with a felony. I get turned down all the time because of mine.
24 years ago, when I was 17.
Still held against me.
Lol.

just curious, if you only had 3 plants flowering, I can't see that much light being used, how were they able to use the thermal imaging to prove there was abnormal heat coming from the structure? I know with my 600W light, it doesn't put off enough heat to be felt outside of the room, let alone outside of the structure.

My guess, from the article is that someone snitched, and then the cops used the camera to "prove" there was "heat" so they could raid.
Figure Joe Schmoe, the local magistrate issuing the warrant is going to know or care, as long as the cops swear to tell the truth and say the camera "proved" their suspicions?
My experience with prisoners lead me to believe telling is the number one reason, by far, that folks get caught for doing stuff. Now if the telling is by outside people or themselves, that is a whole different idea.

Yeah someone snitched. No clue who, don't really care who it was lol. I already got threw court for it. My husband is starting his court tomorrow. I got the permitting felony drug abuse dismissed since no one was charged with a felony. And the child endangerment was reduced to aggravated disorderly conduct. I got a 250 dollar fine, 30 days in jail all suspended as long as no criminal conduct for a year. Now on to Drew's. Wish him luck lol

Yeah someone snitched. No clue who, don't really care who it was lol. I already got threw court for it. My husband is starting his court tomorrow. I got the permitting felony drug abuse dismissed since no one was charged with a felony. And the child endangerment was reduced to aggravated disorderly conduct. I got a 250 dollar fine, 30 days in jail all suspended as long as no criminal conduct for a year. Now on to Drew's. Wish him luck lol
I do wish you luck, Drew, and you should be glad this is happening now, instead of 2 years ago !! Things, they are a changing !! Good luck !! and keep us posted, as to your progress !!

Back
Top Bottom