These LED lights vs two 600 HPS in a 5x5?

ratmaster2k

420 Member
two 900W LED

vs

Two 600W HPS

I'm pretty sure two 600 hps would be better, but how much better? Can I get a great yield from two of these led ligths in a 5x5? Is the HPS going to be far superior?

I'm not advertising, never tested this product

two 900W LED

vs

Two 600W HPS

I'm pretty sure two 600 hps would be better, but how much better? Can I get a great yield from two of these led ligths in a 5x5? Is the HPS going to be far superior?

What are the spec's on the LED's? Most LED manufacturers will run their lights at 50% or less of rated capacity to extend the life of the compenents and minimize heat output (which also minimizes the # of internal fans they need to cool their lights!), so, my guess is that two 900w LEDs will have something like 800-900w COMBINED actual draw from the wall. The two HPS's should outperform for yield but the LED's should have better quality with the mixed light spectrum, and have lower cooling requirements.

That being said, if heat isn't an issue, I'd look into adding a CMH in with your HPS which will give a more complete spectrum plus higher yields.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

two 900W LED

vs

Two 600W HPS

To compare LEDs with HPS, you should get the almost the same real wattage, two of the 900W led, cannot beat two 600w HPS in yield, but if you get two led lights with real wattage of around 600w, then you will get same yield, but much better quality yields, and this is how LED lights win HPS. :green_heart::green_heart:
If not in the same level, you won't benifit from the LED lights and might lose faith in it.

Back
Top Bottom