These Scientists Designed A Cannabis Strain To Kill Cancer

420 Warrior

istock-862309844-1599438779-1440w.jpeg

The cannabis plant has long been known for assisting in treating the side effects of cancer. Many people living with cancer are using the plant to combat the pain, depression, and other associated symptoms of the disease.

The chemical compound CBD within the cannabis plant is proving not only to treat the symptoms of some forms of cancer, but scientists and their studies are now discovering that cannabis treats the symptoms of certain cancers and even cure the disease in some cases. So, what is it about cannabis that may cure what, for some, has proven to be a deadly disease?

Does the answer lie in the strain of cannabis that the cancer patient uses?

The University of Newcastle, Australia, has recently finished a three-year study, and their research seems to indicate that a particular strain of cannabis, the EVE strain, may hold the answers to combating and attacking the cancer cells.

The cannabis strain may eliminate certain types of cancer while remaining harmless to the bodies, own cells. Tests conducted at the Hunter Medical Research Institute indicate that the modified strain of cannabis is proving to be more than a simple pain relief medication.

All about EVE

After scientific modification, the EVE strain was developed to contain less than 1% THC, while having high levels of the compound CBD. The Australian Natural Therapies Group (ANTG) worked alongside Dun and her team to develop the EVE strain. The team conducted the testing, which would determine if the EVE strain could be included as a cancer intervention medicine.

ANTG, with the assistance of Dun and her team, tested cannabis against cancer. The group chose to start by using leukemia cancer cells. The testing results surprised the team with the amount of sensitivity that was suddenly present. Positive results also indicated that cannabis did not kill the normal and healthy bone marrow cells, nor did it interfere with the healthy white cells.

Looking forward

The testing of other cannabis strains on cancer is the next direction that the team intends to move towards. Convincing the masses that global cannabis testing is a serious business and attempting to conduct testing of cannabis in countries who still classify cannabis as a schedule one substance being in the same category today as heroin, is not an easy task.

Scientists are working on the EVE strain and other cannabis strains that will specifically work to eradicate the cancer cells from people's bodies without causing damage to healthy body cells. The low THC count in the EVE strain presents extremely low risks to the cancer patient who may experience minor side-effects compared to other experimental drugs or cancer interventions on the testing market today.

Parting thoughts

Along with Dun and her team, these scientists have shown positive results with the EVE strain of cannabis for curing certain cancers. However, it will not be enough to say that the war against the deadly cancer cell is over, as time and a myriad of future studies will be needed to prove the EVE strain of cannabis can cure cancer. Further studies will determine if EVE is a medical cure for cancer or if indeed, the EVE strain of cannabis is effective at all as a cure for cancer.

By Annette Felix
Sep 9, 2020

After scientific modification, the EVE strain was developed to contain less than 1% THC, while having high levels of the compound CBD. The Australian Natural Therapies Group (ANTG) worked alongside Dun and her team to develop the EVE strain.
a little behind the times eh? These high CBD varieties have been around for a minute. Plus isn't it more beneficial to have the synergistic effects when THC is combined with CBD and the whole plant to create the entourage effect?

I wish they would be more forthcoming and descriptive in what Eve really is.
What terpenes and other cannabinoids and in what ratios.
Other research plus a shit ton of anecdotal evidence shows quite clearly that THC also kills cancer cells very effectively so other than the OMG I'd rather die than get high lunatics out there I am not sure why they wouldn't breed a 1:1 cultivar and then breed a cultivar that's high in THCV and CBG and then blend those two cultivars together into a nice tincture blending high amounts of THC, CBD, THCV, CBG and multiple terpenes.
I don't think they're going to get a single perfect cultivar, they should selectively breed numerous cultivars each with high amounts of certain cannabinoids and a range of terpenes and then blend them into an insane concoction that could never be achieved from a single cultivar.

That way you have the ultimate full spectrum entourage effect tincture that has a high likelihood of success in most people and the idiots that would rather die than get high can either make suppositories out of it or go poison themselves with chemotherapy.

My wife and I and our furdaughter if any of us get cancer are going to immediately start consuming mass quantities of cannabinoids, no chemotherapy at all.
Iam trying to keep at least a pound on hand at all times just in case the need arises.

@CannaFish
I am with the whole "entourage effect". Numerous studies have shown that BOTH operate better in the presence of the other, effectively improving the efficacy of the cannabinoids and in some cases improving the results of the medically applied methods such as radiation.

I think they're just honing in on particular compounds in these particular strains that can potentially actually kill the cancer cells.

I totally agree that THC should be introduced for the effect of alleviating side effects of treatment, but it's the cancer killing compounds that are the exciting part of all this, where people will be able to continue on living cancer free...That's the good stuff!

@Nunyabiz
They prefer the proverbial "veil of mystery". You are aware there are a ton of constituents that comprise our herb. That's why you want to know. Is it a specific terpene? Is it a combination of things. If we could become "witch doctors" and brew our own, who would capatalize? Well, that's where the term "proprietary blend" comes in. It's ours and a secret. Pffft...whatevah. The healing herb will prevail.

I wish they would be more forthcoming and descriptive in what Eve really is.
What terpenes and other cannabinoids and in what ratios.
Other research plus a shit ton of anecdotal evidence shows quite clearly that THC also kills cancer cells very effectively so other than the OMG I'd rather die than get high lunatics out there I am not sure why they wouldn't breed a 1:1 cultivar and then breed a cultivar that's high in THCV and CBG and then blend those two cultivars together into a nice tincture blending high amounts of THC, CBD, THCV, CBG and multiple terpenes.
I don't think they're going to get a single perfect cultivar, they should selectively breed numerous cultivars each with high amounts of certain cannabinoids and a range of terpenes and then blend them into an insane concoction that could never be achieved from a single cultivar.

It's not just the cannabinoids. Here's a study of a flavinoid extract, in regards to metastatic pancreatic cancer (and the normal survival rate for that one is only a little better than the survival rate of people who shoot themselves in the head). I have not read it, yet, so cannot comment on it.

I got the link by browsing articles on the website of the UCSD Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research. There's always interesting information there, and they're constantly running studies.

@TorturedSoul
I like the studying you do. I need to check that out. While searching the web for info, I have found myself @NCBI more than anything for Biological info.

They have a ton of studies and it seems to be contributed by Universities. They also have a ton of info that's just plant related.

They are usually LENGTHY reads but always an enriching experience. I will be sure to check out your "dope spot". Thank you.

Your links don't appear to be functional. Looks like you copied the ones directly from the results page of a Google web search instead of from the actual websites that those results links would have redirected your web browser to at the time you performed the web search. Or something ;) .
Noob

@TorturedSoul

I must've been stoned.

Examples of some great info they have. Again, lengthy reads. Forgive me. Haha haha...

You guys know y'all can copy/paste those articles here as a new thread piece right? As long as it relates to Cannabis in some way and it needs to be pasted in plain text so it doesn't link out to other sites, also we need to give the authors names so we're not stepping on toes.

I know I got the formal training here back when I was the 420 Mag. news hawk on how to properly post articles, but nothing is stopping everyone from posting articles as well, as long as they're being posted within the boundaries of the site guidelines, linking out to other sites is a no-no but we can bring those articles here for our members to read and get informed.

Obviously I still post articles here for everyone all the time, it's a super easy process that everyone can do and I encourage everyone to bring anything Cannabis related that they find current and informative here for everyone to learn from as well.

It feels good to give a little something back sometimes ;)

PM me if there's any questions about the process, or give me the links and I'll try and get them posted myself.

@420 Warrior Forgive my faux pas on posting link and the etiquette involved. Those NCBI threads are LOOOONNNGGGG! Next time i post those i will copy and paste and be sure to get a screen shot of the contributing authors. Namasté.

@420 Warrior Forgive my faux pas on posting link and the etiquette involved. Those NCBI threads are LOOOONNNGGGG! Next time i post those i will copy and paste and be sure to get a screen shot of the contributing authors. Namasté.
No worries my friend, I've brought some long articles here myself, but it's the information and the sharing of it that makes us Advocates of the Herb.

I always try to keep in mind that as much as there may be people here that are super informed already, there are also people here that are new to the Cannabis world that are looking for information and we in the know need to be the educators to the ones who aren't. That's what " Creating Cannabis Awareness" is all about. That's how we win this fight and how so many battles have already been won...Education is key!

No worries my friend, I've brought some long articles here myself, but it's the information and the sharing of it that makes us Advocates of the Herb.

I always try to keep in mind that as much as there may be people here that are super informed already, there are also people here that are new to the Cannabis world that are looking for information and we in the know need to be the educators to the ones who aren't. That's what " Creating Cannabis Awareness" is all about. That's how we win this fight and how so many battles have already been won...Education is key!

I downloaded the article from the first link as a .PDF, and it's a 16-page document that's a mixture of "dense" dual-column text and charts. I didn't get a word count, but it might be 30,000 to 45,000 characters (or more), at a guess. Pretty large for a forum post. The "references" footnote section has 111 entries, lol. The uploading of .PDF documents isn't allowed here (apparently, computers running Microsoft's operating systems are vulnerable to... just about everything), so I'd have probably done the same thing, just posted the links. Sometimes I'll place ones to federal government websites within a pair of CODE tags so that they're not live, though. Other times, I merely include a disclaimer.

Back
Top Bottom