They pollinated, chop or let them grow?

fghtsmallcell

I am a new grower so still have lots to learn. My unknown strain plants have had 5 weeks of flower and have been pollinated. I found the culprit pollen sac too late. I have looked hard at all plants and believe there was only the one pollen sac. I stressed the plants at the end of week 2 by lolli-popping them (wrong time during stretch right??) The purpose of this grow is to make cannabis oil. My question is do I just chop or let them continue?? If I let them continue will the buds all turn to seed to the point that the plant is no good for oil?? These plants are in a tent and I have more plants that are ready to go in right now. (of course after I sterilize the tent)

Also, I have a concern that pollen could be on the plants in veg. They are in a different room but I go back and forth between the 2 and could have spread it. Can pollen stay on those plants long enough to pollinate them when I put them in to flower??

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated

Re: They pollinated, chop or let them grow???

If there was literally one pollen sac, then i wouldnt even worry. Yes youll prob get a few seeds but it wont be many.

Thanks. I will look harder for more sacs. 1 plant in particular seems to have more seeds than the rest but the sac I found was on a different plant.

Imma take a guess that the one with most of the seeds was closest to the plant with pollen sac.

That is what I was thinking but I move them around so much. I have been looking harder and I do believe I have a much bigger problem than I thought. I think I have a whole lot of sacs that are getting ready to burst. But they are not in a groups like I see in the pictures. There seems to be one at a lot of the nodes or just below each bud. I have found some more nanners also. So looks like I am growing seeds. I will be up all night trying to figure out if these are sacs or not. I think I will just start picking them off.

Imma take a guess that the one with most of the seeds was closest to the plant with pollen sac.

Now I just saw some pics of a single calyx. They look like mine. So maybe these are not sacs.

post some pictures mate , i got mixed up my self when starting off with a calyx and a pollen sac , its easy done and ive seen plenty of people asking .
Ive had nanners my self on the grow just gone , was my own fault moving them about to much from one place to another i picked them out and still ended up with 4 oz from the 2 plants i switched to dark 14 light 10 for last 2 weeks just to speed it up, also flushed them right out and just added molasses ,

good luck

I have not looked into making butter. I don't smoke weed myself. I get too paranoid and high anxiety. No fun for me. I am trying to grow for a high THC to make cannabis oil (Rick Simpson Oil) for my husband's small cell lung cancer. I know that seeds will reduce the quality which is counterproductive. I am still looking at them trying to decide. What I thought were pods are swollen calyxs. But I did find at least 2 pods that burst and I do have some seeds. There is a fan in there so I am sure I will have more seeds show up.

I am thinking since the clock is ticking for my husband I should chop. But there are some big buds in there. I may wait a couple of days and watch closely before I decide. I am totally bummed right now.

Or down wind of it. As far as making oil, if it is like making butter, I removed my seeds and made some kickin butter from everything else that was left.

Is it like making butter?

I think that sounds like a plan. This is what I probable will do. Thank you all for the advice.

post some pictures mate , i got mixed up my self when starting off with a calyx and a pollen sac , its easy done and ive seen plenty of people asking .
Ive had nanners my self on the grow just gone , was my own fault moving them about to much from one place to another i picked them out and still ended up with 4 oz from the 2 plants i switched to dark 14 light 10 for last 2 weeks just to speed it up, also flushed them right out and just added molasses ,

good luck

I also pollinated a plant for seeds , my other half smokes what was left after the seeds where taken out , seedy weed is old skool and it can be just as good if dried nicely and cured , ive a jar sitting her of the smoke ill post a picture for you , its not the end of the world , its still smokeable with thc :high-five:

if you have plants ready to go now i would cut my losses and possibly further stress and start over.
there are many ways for a plant to produce "stress"flowers but usually it can be related to heat,ph or lack of air flow.
or the plants are truly hemaphrodites.

here my buds that were pollinated , not a bad smoke to be honest

P1050725.JPG
P1050726.JPG
P1050727.JPG

I have been trying to figure out what to do with my plants in veg. They need to be switched to 12/12. I am thinking I will start flushing and chop in a week. Clean up and move them over.

Maybe they won't be too bad. They are frosty and sticky with nice size buds but I know they could do better. Some of the pistals are turning color already. I have a hard time with the thricomes. could be some milky ones in there. There doesn't seem to be much difference in clear or milkiy to me. But my eyes are not the best. Also I cannot find any seed pods. I have found 3 maybe 4 opened pods. I will chock it up to a learning experience and now I will know where to look for these with the next plants. They are from same mama.

I have a couple of ideas that I may have done wrong to stress the plants. Some issues I can rule out. Like light, ph, temp, air exchange, RH and I don't think there is a nute issue but I might cut back a but just to make sure. So I will make what changes I can and watch the new plants closer.

Thank you very much for your input.

if you have plants ready to go now i would cut my losses and possibly further stress and start over.
there are many ways for a plant to produce "stress"flowers but usually it can be related to heat,ph or lack of air flow.
or the plants are truly hemaphrodites.

I also pollinated a plant for seeds , my other half smokes what was left after the seeds where taken out , seedy weed is old skool and it can be just as good if dried nicely and cured , ive a jar sitting her of the smoke ill post a picture for you , its not the end of the world , its still smokeable with thc :high-five:

Thank you for your input. This does help to make me feel is was not a total waste of time. But the seeds are just no good for what I need.

Ok, did not know that about the pistols. Thanks for info. I will watch close and may not even give them the week. They are in coco so will be easy and fast to flush. Will start that later today when lights come back on.

I will go ahead and make oil with it but it will not be the quality I need for his cure.

Back
Top Bottom