Thick Bud Curing Advice

PioneerValleyOG

Any advice on how to cure thick colas? Do I need to break them down?

DSCN1957.JPG
DSCN1958.JPG
DSCN0034.JPG
DSCN0027z.jpg
DSCN3133.JPG
nice bud1.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1957.JPG
    DSCN1957.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • DSCN1958.JPG
    DSCN1958.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Anytime I have cured large cola's I would make the drying room cool like mid 50's and keep the humidity 30% or lower or as low as I can get it, and then let them hang for a month and then jar and burp them as usual and I have had no problems with mold or loss of terps that way cause mold needs warmth to grow and loss of terps is caused from drying too quick, The only bad part with this cold dry and cure is the time it takes cause of using cooler temps. :)

Anytime I have cured large cola's I would make the drying room cool like mid 50's and keep the humidity 30% or lower or as low as I can get it, and then let them hang for a month and then jar and burp them as usual and I have had no problems with mold or loss of terps that way cause mold needs warmth to grow and loss of terps is caused from drying too quick, The only bad part with this cold dry and cure is the time it takes cause of using cooler temps. :)
Yeah, I'm down with the slow cure, I've hear with big colas, it can be good to chop it into smaller pieces and use a screen, is that something that you've ever heard about??

Yeah, I'm down with the slow cure, I've hear with big colas, it can be good to chop it into smaller pieces and use a screen, is that something that you've ever heard about??
I have heard of it, but have never torn up buds to dry, unless to smoke them lol, I find with good wet trim and then a final dry trim to neaten them up no matter how big dried and cured slow and cold has done the trick for me. :)

I have heard of it, but have never torn up buds to dry, unless to smoke them lol, I find with good wet trim and then a final dry trim to neaten them up no matter how big dried and cured slow and cold has done the trick for me. :)
Well I don't mean tear em up, I just mean snip the stem at the stalk. You always want that big ass cola for bragging and showing off, but in reality, properly drying it could mean separating the big into the small to properly release the chlorophyll equally. With big colas, and I mean the 2 liter bottle size, it's nearly impossible to dry out the middle without over-drying the edges. So I've read not to get hung up on the eye candy, and focus on the quality of the end result.
Bottom line, it's all about the medicine, not the glory.
IMG_20200916_112702.jpg
IMG_20200916_112721.jpg
9.10.20d.jpg

To be honest I could care less if they where big or small buds I 'm happy with what ever the pot gods give me , I was just saying I never snipped up big buds to dry them before. lol :)

start cutting buds from the bottom, working your way up the bud and keep going,, side to side, up the stalk to darn near to the top,,

so much fun,, and a nice top cola piece to cherish later

cheers :volcano-smiley:

To be honest I could care less if they where big or small buds I 'm happy with what ever the pot gods give me , I was just saying I never snipped up big buds to dry them before. lol :)
I concur if we harvest anything it has to be a good harvest and that we show Jah appreciation for the reaps.

start cutting buds from the bottom, working your way up the bud and keep going,, side to side, up the stalk to darn near to the top,,

so much fun,, and a nice top cola piece to cherish later

cheers :volcano-smiley:

and btw,, when you cherish that little top cola piece,, let it dry a touch and then peal back the bitty buds, away from the stalk, leaving the stalk and some stalk calyx's behind,, then, carefully remove the stalk calyx's leaving only the bare stalk,,

then throw that stalk into the oil bin and enjoy the full monty friend,,

:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom