Think it's time to flower?

Boss

plants0066.JPG

I have about 5 feet of headrrom, these are about 30 days old now.

Thanks!

:bongrip:

It looks like a indica strain. I'd wait until it's 12 to 16 inches tall but not much more or you'll be in lights at finish time. If your using over a 600 watt light, heat will be a problem.

It looks like a indica strain. I'd wait until it's 12 to 16 inches tall but not much more or you'll be in lights at finish time. If your using over a 600 watt light, heat will be a problem.

Useing CFL's for the entire grow. I will switch to 6 soft whites for flowering. I think you all are right, I should wait another week or 2, depending on how tall they get. They are very compact and bushy because I had the lights so close to them from the beginning.

Thanks.:cheesygrinsmiley:

My experience with growing with fluorescents is as the plants get bigger they tend to stretch, so keep the lights close and flower early.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The same plant in the photo is starting to get so green there is almost purple in it. Top still looks perfect though, so who knows. I'll give it 7 days, and we will see what it looks like.

I am so afraid i'll flower and get all males, and have to start this all over :)

Cheers!:loopy:

If you fear males or even herms. just make sure your growroom has no light leaks. Light leakage inward into a dark grow area with flowering plants in it is a recipe for herms.

If you are using CFLs I would flower now. This way the plant will not outgrow your lighting system and reduce your yeilds rather then improve them. More budsites only means increased yeilds if you can light them adequately.

If you use cfl you should consider to start scrogging, because of the rapid decay of lightstrenght with non hid lamps they usually only have a small "range" where they give enough light, by scrogging you spread out the buds at the same height, meaning all the plants buds will be in the good light range

Back
Top Bottom