Think your a horticulturalist?

GigaGrew

Im thinking of making the mother of all composters (maybe a 4 ton skip!) for home composting, using left over mj waste, household vegetable waste and most importantly Blackberry Bush cuttings.

I cant grow outside as my garden is publicly viewable, but i leave it wild for nature. spring is here and im ready to get busy with my annual bramble bush masacre.

the question i need answering is with regards to these Blackberry/bramble bushes and the nutrition they can provide my mj plants. or specifically 'if i turned only blackberry bushes into compost, would that compost contain all the right nutes to grow mj in'

a 2nd question that has arisen while writing this post is; why do we have a constant battle for nutes with mj when my garden which is never fertilised, dug over or drained in anyway and is pretty much just clay. can produce a sea of 4' grass and bramble bushes that could fill several garages every year dispite the fact when i chop them down i throw them away not put them back into the ground oO

GiGa..may I start out with LMFAO....I thought I was the only one with that prob. in my garden....after I plant my veggies I bet I spend at least 20 hours a week weeding..garden is pretty big but still..and that is after I run the tiller between the rows and rake the weeds out..so I think the nute " topic of dicussion " is kinda like cars...every has their opinion..like blower, turbo, fuel injection...the age old argument...only here it is with nutes...the first question you had about the brambles..hell if yuo mix it with the household oganics and compost it how would it not work...its compost....I am sure being organic it may not produce of should I say feed the plant to be a commercial producer..but me personaly...I would much rather it be organic...good luck with the garden brambles/weeds...

Guessing you could grow a weedy, brambly cannabis plant out there in the same fashion. As to whether you'd grow one that produced to your liking...

Additionally, cannabis requires more (and somewhat different) nutrition than grass and blackberries. So the same might hold true even if you produced lots of fruit.

Then again, who knows?

I have seen many outdoor grows in BBs. One thing that I have done is to leave enough of the berry foliage to help hide her/them and then, dig out enough dirt, back fill it and then make extensive use of LST.

They actually work/hide in really well w/blackberrys... just look up my 2010 Blackberry stealth grow... blackberry is good camo, very workable!

I have seen many outdoor grows in BBs. One thing that I have done is to leave enough of the berry foliage to help hide her/them and then, dig out enough dirt, back fill it and then make extensive use of LST.

They actually work/hide in really well w/blackberrys... just look up my 2010 Blackberry stealth grow... blackberry is good camo, very workable!

Thanks buddy ill look at that in detail later =D

I love to LST on the wild rose bushes. Get yourself a load of twist ties from your local produce section. Plant as close to the base as you dare then tie her up. Harvesting can be a pain but the camo and protection are a great benefit.

Compost is better, the more sources of materials you put into it! You can put most any plant material in with a good result if there is also plenty of other materials. Some materials provide more or less of readily compostible components and some are more "woody" and require ,more time and contain less nitrogen, for example. A well worked compost pile, with a variety of materials will work faster,be more desirable and provide a better home for beneficial bacteria and fungi to thrive in. A healthy " living" compost is best! Sourcing more carbonaceous/woody(dry leaves,straw and sticks) and less nitrogen containing materials(kitchen waste,manure,soiled barn litter, green grass/tender weeds) will be the norm but work slower than compost piles with more nitrogen containing materials. Do not add lime, chemical fertilizers or meat waste! Dead leaves alone, once broken down, is good for some uses, but with barn litter, green herbaceous plants,kitchen waste, and etc. included, will be far superior! Adding beneficial fungi purchased or found in deep leaf litter can be very helpful in kicking up your game and will thrive for years in a continuous composting program! No compost is any better than what you make it, by feeding it a variety of source materials!

Back
Top Bottom