Thinking of buying this lighter for smoking purposes, has anyone tried it?

magicmiguel

Hey all, Magic Miguel here. New member.

I always lose my boring lighters since everyone has a bic or wtvr brand is used. I am thinking of supporting this new project from my state (California, yes it's a big state) who are starting a new lighter brand but I have never tried it. I was curious if anyone was familiar with their REAPER lighters?

Hey all, Magic Miguel here. New member.

I always lose my boring lighters since everyone has a bic or wtvr brand is used. I am thinking of supporting this new project from my state (California, yes it's a big state) who are starting a new lighter brand but I have never tried it. I was curious if anyone was familiar with their REAPER lighters?
Not me, perhaps you could share some more info on the product. My little lady is always loosing the bic.
Spark up

Cool looking lighter, sells for $30 on Amazon. I think I'll stick to the $1.50 throw away bic's.
Thanks for your question, it was a good one.
Spark up

could you please send me the amazon link you found. Thank you!
My pleasure

71rwsfwjVoL._AC_SL1011_.jpg

That is just a zippo ... I doubt it is the one op was looking for. Count me as another vote for bics - I keep a box of them and I don't worry when my bro steals my lighter anymore :D

Worse, a generic ripoff of a Zippo.

When I was 19, I went to a tobacconist and bought a fancy "gold" refillable butane lighter. It was nice, even had a push-button ignition (rare back then). Thing cost me $50, and that was 30+ years ago. I figured I would have sense enough to keep track of it, lol.

And I did. That SOB was never out of my possession.

Until one day, about a year later... when the ignitor failed :rolleyes: , and I threw it away. After that, I went with a Bic or one of those el cheapo refillable ones that had a really long flint in it. (And the same Zippo I'd owned since I was like 13, for cigarette use.) I'd sometimes even buy a 59-cent convenience store lighter, which tended to be crap and the striker wheel might fail, but had the advantage of being adjustable, meaning I could turn the flame down from dangerous to usable and get it to last a long time (if it didn't break) - which was nice after I finally used up my very last adjustable Bic. Or I'd ask if they had any promotional lighters at the convenience store that I sometimes bought cigarettes (or tobacco) at, and the cashier would often give me several at a time. But my experience of owning an expensive lighter ended up being valuable, after all - no one managed to walk off with one of my lighters afterward (although I gave more than a few away).

I also had a big refillable "table top" lighter, but it never left the house, because it weighed several pounds and was sizeable.

You can carefully groove a Bic and then wire it to a cinder block. Those don't get stolen. For the less extreme in the audience, they still make "lighter keepers" for Bics, that you force over the bottom and then clip to your belt. Need a light? Just pull, it's connected to your belt by a string, with a spring to keep it retracted when not in use. Those are kind of goofy - but surprisingly useful.

Oh, yeah, a heat gun will light a joint or cigarette almost instantly, but it can be wasteful if you're not paying attention (plus, you might have to end up shaving the other side of your beard off :rofl:). You can do the same thing with a hair dryer by partially covering the intake with your hand so you get heat but not the gale force wind; it's kind of hard on the hair dryer, though. Magnifying glass works, if it's sunny and you're outside - which seems to impress stoners who slept through 4th grade science class. And, in a pinch, the foil wrapper from a stick of chewing gum and a AA battery works a treat.

Finally, as I learned one day at an auto detailing shop, a big piece of 0000 grade (won't scratch glass, you know) steel wool, too much lacquer thinner, and (oops) the battery of the vehicle you are trying to remove crap out of the engine compartment of could easily light a cigarette. So could the hand of the idiot who just discovered that he shouldn't drop solvent-saturated 0000 steel wool onto a top post battery, and definitely not when he's pretty saturated, himself.

I'm just rambling...

Worse, a generic ripoff of a Zippo.
That is what I thought at first. I looked up the artist's name, Anne Stokes, and it seems she is a recognized Gothic and fantasy art artist. (" Anne Stokes Lighter Art " as the google search keywords.) She uses real Zippo lighters as the 'canvas'.

Then I went with " Zippo Lighter Anne Stokes " and the results are links to Zippo's web site and web sites for Zippo lighter sellers/dealers. Some of the Gothic and fantasy artwork lighters with Anne Stokes artwork are recognized and available from Zippo. Don't know whether the company recognizes the warranty for all the Anne Stokes lighters or just the ones from the Zippo warehouse or website. Prices range from $30 to $50 on average.

Somewhere around the house I will have the last Zippo I bought sometime in the early-1980s. That thing was sent to Zippo several times to get the hinge or some of the flint or striker parts replaced. Then, on a spur of the moment on October 6, 2000 at 4:56 pm I quit smoking cigarettes. Kept the lighter and my favorite ashtray for old times sake.

I doubt it is the one op was looking for.
Yep. The OP seems to be saying he is asking about something from a business in California and Anne Stokes is living in England and judging by her website she is not looking for another partner company.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I did, finally, but I'm thinking I waited too long. Congratulations on getting lighters to the company and back again in one piece, too. Pop sent three back for refurbishment some years ago, two *old* ones and a sterling silver fancy one he got from the local union hall for reaching a milestone and being respected, I guess. A bunch of time passed, and he finally received the scorched part of the box that had his name/address on it from the post office (it was sealed up in clear tape, like evidence at a murder trial). Got a letter, too, basically stating he was screwed because they were lighters and the postal facility had caught on fire - even though the letter also made clear that they knew his package wasn't the cause of the fire. Dad was MAD. I would have been, too. Authentic silver Zippo lighters seem to start at $400 and go up from there, one of the others was his dad's, it and another were antiques, and... he received a burnt piece of cardboard. If the SOBs had returned the fire- damaged remains, Zippo would have made them like new again, and for free .

By the way, Zippo actually sells butane inserts for their lighters now! There is a "single torch" and "double torch" option. So you can pull your old lighter fluid internals out of the shell and push in a cannabis-friendly one, if you want to.

Have a great day, and thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom