Thinking of going with a Grow Tent

Smokeyjoe

Hey everybody,

I have recently received my Med card and am determined to start a grow. The last spot I had picked out just didn't pan out (roof leaked) and I am running out of options. I plan to grow from seed and use soil and will be purchasing some G13/Haze (Fem) seeds to begin with.

I have a couple corners in my living room that are just screaming GROW TENT!! I was thinking of 4x4x6.5 that seem to be a very common size and wanted to throw a 600w in there (digital of course).

I was hoping to hear from a few of the communities experienced "Tent" growers before I go throw one of these bad boys in the corner. I am very determined to become self sufficient here and am hoping to hear a couple positive experiences from these tent set ups. Thanks a lot, these forums have served as a great source of inspiration, keep up the great work!!!!!

:thanks:
:ganjamon:

Your living room? Where company will see and hear it all? You do realize that 90% of all marijuana arrrests are obtained from snitches don't you? Kind of hard to keep things quiet when every friend you know is bragging about his buddy..the grower. medical legal shouldn't mean thought impared. please think about what your doing and what might happen. And I'm not talking just about cops either. home invasions are on the rise. if it gets out you have something, someone might decide to take it.

Yeah that makes sense living room might not be the best spot ever. But I also don't have a lot of "company" over but in the bedroom it would be out of sight.

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment so there are not a ton of options.
I didn't mean to come off as "thought impaired" I just don't have many friends around here that are very well versed in this sort of thing so I thought I would ask here. Living room bad, point taken any positive suggestions?

I don't remember joking around about anything or talking about bragging to friends.
I am sorry if I somehow came off the wrong way.
Being secure is a priority but so is getting something going.
Gave a card to the wrong person? Why? Because I want to use it?

Maybe I am going about this wrong.
I have researched the tents and know where to purchase them.
I am hoping to hear from someone who has used/still uses something like this what they liked/disliked etc.
Was smell an issue with a filter etc.
I have grown a few times before but nothing more sophisticated than a closet and a 400w. I wanted to avoid the sun shining out of my closet as I like to sleep sometimes lol
I need to grow a few plants to keep myself from going broke, and one of these tents looked rather promising as I am not very mechanical and would ruin any type of box I tried to build etc.
Starting to feel like a tool here =(

Joe, I used a 4x4x7 tent for awhile. I needed an area where I could have complete darkness and the tent was the solution. It is now in the garage as I have expanded. It worked for what I needed it to work for. My biggest problem was heat, but some nice intake and exhaust fans plus a vented hood will solve that problem. I had it in a walk in closet. if you don't vent it you will have to leave it open. It is a great solution for the closet...

joe - I cut up a refrigerator box, put foil on the inside, hang lights off the top, cut door in side, and used an old ionizer for ventilation and smell control... check out my grow.

Thanks BeIRIE and Obx! Happy to hear it worked for you BeIRIE I am very excited to get this set up!

I just walked in from buying my 3x3 (40"x40"x78") HydroHut and a 600w Lumatek HPS!!!! The hut wont be here for about 1 week but I have a little time to gather my thoughts now and put together the venting system.
I picked up an XtraSun vented hood to help with the heat issues and the Hydro store recommended a 6" inline for venting the hood and maybe a 4" booster for intake which sounded reasonable.
My question is how the hell does the carbon scrubber fit into the equation? I am told air can not be pushed through it or was that pulled through it? I wanted to mount it outside the tent to save space but they say it must be inside? does anyone have a pic of this set up maybe or any hints for the newb?
The Light will be vented straight in and out none of the hood air into the tent (in theory).
Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?

I run a 449 cfm for my 6oo and it does the trick. Most pull through the scrubber, and exit the tent. you can put it up high out of the way if you have no room on the floor. a four or six inch booster fan would be fine, and if you need more you can always add more. Make sure you have enough vent holes in the tent to cover all this and enough 6" openings in the tent. I had to reduce some air flow down to 4" because I didn't have enough 6" openings for all my ducting.

Greetings Smokeyjoe!!!

Glad to see you're here! I have two Hydrohut Mini's...one of the original one's and one of the new Silver Edition's. Just to give you a head's up....If your hut has a white pvc interior WATCH your plants very closely!!! There is an off-gassing issue with the white pvc interiors. There is a chemical in one of the glues in the plastic and when heated it releases a gas that will kill everything in your tent. Make sure to journal everything when it come to nutes and PH. If your ph and nutes are where they should be and your plants start yellowing for no reason it could be your tent. If this happens email me and I can help you troubleshoot. I am not a pro...but I will help to the best of my ability.

I had two hydrohut Mini's one for veg and one for flower. My veg tent never had a off gassing issue. But during my second grow..my flower tent killed everything. I took some time off after that heartbreak. And after coming back to it like 3 months ago...I found the off-gassing issue in the forums and had hydrohut replace my tent.

Now back to your question...here is a pic of my setup....
1663725604845.png

I have a 400 Watt HPS and will have another 170 Watts of 4100k CFL's (2-85w bulbs) during flowering. I have a dayton 273cfm fan pulling air in through the carbon filter and pushing it through my reflector and out of my tent. i also have another 160cfm near the bottom of my tent to help pull air out of my reflector when my 273 is off. It has worked pretty well for me so far...no smell at all. Hope this helps a little....

Thanks for all the helpful input everyone!
I plan to run a 449 also for the light exhaust, just came across my tax return and money is less of an issue so I plan to start this grow correctly. Still waiting on the beans and the tent but I expect them any day now!

I am starting with Super Lemon Haze (Greenhouse Seeds Fem) and they also threw in a 10 pack of (reg) KC BRAINS for free.
I am looking for the perfect stone like everyone else so if you have suggestions on strains please don't hesitate.
I have also been eying the Blue Cheese and LA Confidential, seen a couple grows and they both look beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom