Thinking of moving to Florida

Heavyherb

Nug of the Month 2nd and Plant of the Month 3rd Pl
we are thinking of moving to Florida about 60 miles north of Orlando. I would really like to know more about the area, like how weed friendly is it, are there grow shops there, ect. :cool:

thanks for the reply, we are thinking of the Ocala area its northern central about 6o miles north of orlando. I just looked it up on the map and gainesville is actually pretty close just a little north of ocala.

Hey comeon floridians whats up???? anyone grow in florida? anyone toke in florida?

Ocala is nothing but cows and horses. Try closer to the water, dude!

Hey one hour east or west and im on the beach........its not that far, i drive an hour just to get to Anchorage from my house in the Valley :cool:

Look at your map and follow the St Johns river which runs North to Jax. Some nice country and waterfront always gains in value here. For that matter, check out all river systems Orlando and North. Where I am, it's too crowded, too nosey, too many cops and planes, but buying is usually not too much trouble. Remember, there is more to life than climate.

lived in Fla. for many years, tampa area, i loved it there, never had a problem findin weed, most of the time it found me. gainseville is a college town, any college town will have an ample supply of weed, so get u a gators hat and t-shirt, go to a local watering hole and talk smack about the f.s.u. Seminoles football team suckin it big time, u will have new friends instantly.

ok, seriously, florida is FULL of cops (lots of em, everywhere), and they love their job, so keep that in mind when ur out and about. dont know if uve ever heard this before so ill tell u, its the state of florida motto: come on vacation, leave on probation ... :peace:

lived in Fla. for many years, tampa area, i loved it there, never had a problem findin weed, most of the time it found me. gainseville is a college town, any college town will have an ample supply of weed, so get u a gators hat and t-shirt, go to a local watering hole and talk smack about the f.s.u. Seminoles football team suckin it big time, u will have new friends instantly.

ok, seriously, florida is FULL of cops (lots of em, everywhere), and they love their job, so keep that in mind when ur out and about. dont know if uve ever heard this before so ill tell u, its the state of florida motto: come on vacation, leave on probation ... :peace:

oh gawd thats funny........sad but funny....thanks everyone! I still would like to live there at least for the winter and leave for the summer

I'd love to be a snowbird. But alas I live here year round. (Tampa area) Bud is extremely easy to come by. Any kind, any amount. But I wouldn't try growing here unless I was out in the boonies, but then you are not in Tampa.

I'd love to be a snowbird. But alas I live here year round. (Tampa area) Bud is extremely easy to come by. Any kind, any amount. But I wouldn't try growing here unless I was out in the boonies, but then you are not in Tampa.

sounds good.....i wont be that far from Tampa

Lots of sun, lots of rain, lots of hurricanes.
Keep your plants in buckets, that way you can move them when the weather blows in. Make sure there are no bit tress around your grow area.
Keep your plants mobile... that's the best advice avaiable. Become one with the heat.

Cheers!

LOL I love that "become one with the heat hehehe thats why I want to leave in the summer time. BTW what is a "bit tress"?????? :cool:

I'm in Tampa. and have for my entire 33 years on this planet. I know all you need to know., that said...Tampa is a port city, as is Jacksonville and Miami, so therefore, weed is abundant, and probably better than what you're used to. Its also probably cheaper, because there isn't as many middle men...As for growing we have a year round growth cycle, because of our proximity to the equator, our days only shift by three or four hours every year, I have grown and budded, plants in the middle of December here outdoors.

Cops here are present, and love to search cars..but as for growing, if you stay low key, and remain a little fish in a big pond, they don't mess with you too much. If you have a huge grow room and have to move Lb's you're going to attract attention...also the power companies are in cahoots with the cops here, and will report odd, power surges or the meter readers will report anything out of the ordinary, so keep your room light proof, and don't leave chemicals outside or anything suspicious in view.

Ocala is badass, but there is nothing there, if you like having a social life outside of a Wal-mart or a bowling alley, Ocala may not be for you. They do have the Rainbow river, which is a badass spring fed river, you can tube or swim in.
And most importantly if your that far north, I wont be able to....share any tips with ya, know what I mean? ;)

yes i do know what you mean Tronix, and btw ,there is nothing wrong with old people....I know cause i are one LOL :cool:

no, I happen to love a few of them myself, but there's people who are "old" by age...then there are those that are old, both in age and mentality, those are the pain in the butt ones. That fact that you post here and obviously enjoy herb, tells me you aren't one of the latter. :D

You are correct sir, thank you for your astute observation and keen insight; you are a gentleman and a scholar. Also we Alaskans already know all about mosquitoes, they are so big, and nasty, and plentiful ,we jokingly refer to them as the "Alaskan state bird" LOL :cool:

Back
Top Bottom