Thirds a charm

johndough210

well im starting on my third grow, instead of growing outside ive taken it inside, spent some money, bought a general hydro waterfarm and the flora series from them too. for lighting i have 2 CFLs (one blue spectrum 5500K and one red spectrum 3000K). i recently germinated a bag seed (should be getting some bubblicious seeds soon) in rockwool on a heating pad. i thought 3 days was quick for a sprout. now its down to one and a half! i'm real excited about this grow.

get yall some pics when i get the chance. i have to get ready to go to work now.

peace. :bongrip:

some pics...i should be getting the bubblicious seeds tomorrow but i figured id test out germing with a bag seed in rockwool since ive never done that before...anyway its been 2 days since i put the germed seed in the rockwool, i soaked the rockwool in distilled water with the pH lowered and diamond nectar added and the two different spectrums of CFL i was talking about, i use them both as thats what ive heard to do. the left bulb is a mercury CFL, and the other is just a normal soft white CFL bulb. total about 225 watts of light.
laters :bongrip:

so am i to believe no one is interested in my grow?

thanks guys...just didnt know if i was the only one on this thread...ill keep yall posted

:bongrip:

ok my plant is going fairly well so far couple little leaves growin besides the seed leaves. ive noticed recently that one of the seed leaves is turning pale on its tip...it cant be nute burn i didnt use any in the rockwool except that diamond nectar. temp is about 80 degrees. no other leaves seem affected. anyone have any ideas?

i know pics would be good, but i dont have my camera.

laters. :joint:

well an update...no other parts of the plant has done what that one seed leaf did so i guess its under control. i recently re-soaked the cubes with 1/2 strength nutrient solution and put saran wrap with holes poked in it over the planter as a humidity tent. seems to be working great. plant is forming its first node.

i'll get some pics when i get the camera later this evening.

peace :smokin:

seedlwk1.jpg

the seed leaf that was turning pale has now completely shriveled up, and the other seems to be getting lighter green toward the tip. it looks like nute burn, but no main leaves were burned too badly. two new leaves are growing though, about 1 week since i put the germed seed in the rockwool.
setup.jpg

this is the setup im using currently...a planter on a heating pad with a couple 100 watt CFLs with a humidity tent...i have since removed the black plastic. the g.h. aquafarm i bought and the nutes i will be using with it.
let me know what yall think :smokin:

well im fortunate that i live in a big city that has a hydroponic store and they had them for sale there for $30. there might be a dealer near you just check the general hydroponics website for a list of dealers. or you could make your own if you were so inclined, instructions how here.

hope that helps. :smokin:

should it be in the bucket? i was actually wondering how big it should get before i put it in.

well i wont be able to do it tomorrow so i can get some pH up & down...been using lemons to drop pH. not very precise at all. lowered the lights, hope it doesn't get too hot.

Are there any roots comming out the bottom of the rockwool? If so, then like Urdedpal said, you should get it in your hydro bucket. I wouldn't worry about the seed leaves, as long as it isn't happening to main leaves it's no biggie. I doubt it's nute burn though if you haven't been using nutes, most likely it's from the ph. Definitely get real ph adjuster, and always test your ph after you add the nutes because the nutes will change the waters ph.

Looking good though, what about he Bubilicious seeds? What are you planning for a flowering light? The fluoros will be fine for veg, but I'd suggest something a bit more powerful if you want a good yield.

:peace:

good news: i got my pH adjusting kit today so i mixed a batch of solution (30%) and put the rockwool in the bucket and put the light right on top. better news: my hookup came through with the bubblicious seeds. i got ten of em so i will soak a few in distilled water tonight so they're all ready for planting. i can't wait to plant these!!! :smokin:

thanks for the help so far fellas. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok, so about an hour after the little guy was in the hydro bucket, it developed what looked like burn on the younger leaf tips. i left it alone and it seemed to be ok. after i had mixed the nutes yesterday the indicator said pH was around 6. i checked the pH tonight and it was approx. 8. i'm assuming the rockwool and hydroton made the water basic? :hmmmm: needless to say i lowered it back down to 6. as for the nute mix, i miscalculated and used 40% nute mix...maybe a bit too strong.

anyone have any thoughts? help would be appreciated!!

oh yeah and i put the germed bubblicious seeds in rockwool. we'll see what happens.

ok, when you mix water adjusted with pH down with grodan miniblocks is it supposed to smell like rotten eggs? i hope it didnt fuck up my bubblicious seeds.

i also added a air stone to the bottom of the reservoir and another pump to power it. i also saw a light at the hydroponic store for like $100, only it ran on those giant ass CFLs. are these better than the reg CFLs?

I don't remember a smell at the moment. Could be from the downer. I don't think they can hurt your seeds.
They say more oxygen in the nute mix is better plus it keeps the mix mixed.LOL
I am not sure but I think you are talking about HVOs also known as white tube lights. Yes they have a higher CRI rating than normal flouros. The CCT rating is 4200 K. Yes they are better than normal flouros.

no, see i know what reg. tube flouros look like, it looks like a big CFL. anyhow, the little plant is coming along great, very leafy. there seems to be salt (or something) built up on some of the leaves. is this going to hurt anything?

i changed the water today and started it on some advanced nutrients organic tea (guano, blood and bone meal, sea kelp) along with the Flora series. plant seems to be reaching toward the light.

but really though, can anyone tell me about the buildup on my waterfarm? i've wiped it down and changed the nutes, anything else? :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom