Thirstymuppet's Indoor Soil Grow Of 1 Cinderella99 & 1 Northern Lights 2018

Thirstymuppet

Alright folks:welcome:
So I'm growing 2 plants. C99, I grew with my 1st journal. Very much on the cheap! No tent, minimal CFL lights. I picked up bits and pieces like a fan, temp sensor, fertilliser and most importantly knowledge along the way. It was just 2 plants in a box with a light! I got a decent amount from it though. Enough to keep me going for about 5 months of smoking every other day maybe, on average. I was well happy! :ganjamon:
I kinda wanted to keep the 1st grow simple with the aim of comparing the results to a new grow of the same seed with better lights. The CFL's were fine but I think the plants suffered in the flowering stage. Not suffered but could have been better.
This grow will have a tent 1200x600mm floor space. Thats 47"x 23" roughly. And a mars reflector 480w. So I'm expecting better results for sure.
Alongside the Cinderella there will be a Northern Lights. It'll be nice to have an indica and a sativa to choose from. The C99 was great for creativity and daytime use but could have been stronger when you want something to knock you back into the previous week!!

Some details:
Strain: C99(sativa, %unknown); Northern Lights(Indica,90% i think) Any suggestions as to where I can get definite info on the %'s?
Stage: 1 seedling up, waiting on the other
Environment: Indoor(tent), Soil (compost and perlite once they get big enough for transfer out of small pots of just compost)
Lighting: Mars Hydro reflector 480w
Lighting schedule: 18/6 for veg 12/12 for flower
Nutes: Tomato feed (4%N) for veg and Biobloom (2-7-4) for flower

So thats about it really. I can't think of anything else to tell you in terms of conditions/details. Just about me now. I'm Irish, red hair and all! Mid 30's. Been smoking since I was a teen. God I wish I could go back and take that 1st toke again! Wasn't it amazing! Teens here, back then at least, smoked joints of tobacco and hash crumbled into it. So its a great way to get kids hooked on the demon weed as well as the saintly one!:eek: I gave up the demon weed about 3 years ago so I had to give it all up as I associated one with the other. So I'm only really back smoking grass 6 months -ish. I smoke grass though a bong now and find it much better for my lungs. The odd time I have been offered a joint, it floors me! Its a double whammy of grass and tobacco. For an ex smoker it's like playing with fire!
I'm going to keep the posts scarce until there is a need to. I think I bored the tits off anyone on my 1st journal with bullshit posts. I'll keep an eye on that this time. If anyone wants to chat you are more than welcome. I don't consider it MY journal but OURS...awwwe isn't that lovely!!:kiss: I would ask you to call me Thirsty or anything else other than Muppet! In Ireland if you call someone a muppet its usually in a derogatory manner. The only time it's cool is when a friend calls you a muppet for...well..being a muppet! Or when you call yourself a muppet. A guy previously said here something like "yo muppet, bla,bla,bla" and I couldn't help but be a little offended even though he was sound! Now that's enough of me shite-talking. There is a big box in the hall with a tent in it that aint gonna assemble itself! Take it easy guys.:Namaste:

And I'm off to a shaky start! Brilliant! Soaked the 2 seeds in water overnight and transfered to paper towels. Took longer than I remembered for them to sprout but they did. At some stage of the moving them around I got them mixed up but I kinda knew which was which. The northern lights(i think...facepalm) was more sprouted. The C99 just breaking the husk but was defo coming out so I transfered to soil. That was 6 days ago. Yesterday the NL was doing well and the 1st true leaves were visable but no sign of C99. I dug her out. The taproot had come out. maybe she is slower. This is what she looked like after i cleaned her off and removed the husk. There is something alien-like about her to me!
I put her back in and hoped for the best.
This is the northern lights to compare:
I put them in the new tent under the new light. Today the NL looks like she straightened up and got greener while the C99 seems fooked! She hasn't changed. Here is the grow tent at the bottom of the bed in the spare room and the NL today:

So now I have the last of my C99 seeds soaking. Hopefully this one is okay and hopefully it is replacing a C99. I won't know for a few weeks. My little experiment hangs in the balance!

Good set up.
Haha, thanks Sara. ;) You are somewhat biased but I'll take the compliment. I am happy with it. The fan on the Mars Hydro reflector 480w is a bit noisey for a bedroom but its mostly used during the day when I'm working nights. So I have the 6 hrs of darkness set for then. Problem solved. Except for when I'm in the doghouse and have to sleep in the spare room at night! :eek: I'll just have to behave myself! Or get a bigger house! :laugh:

Well of coarse now that I have another seed germinating the little sickly yellow C99 seedling has pulled through! :eek:
I really thought she was a gonner.

Just to recap for myself in the future looking back over this and anyone interested-
She hadn't popped up whilst the other had. I took her out of the soil, she looked very small so I thought it best to help her out. I removed the loose husk and cleaned her off so these 'starter leaves' (cotyledons, thanks google) could get some light and maybe kickstart her. So I stuck her under the new light with her 'cousin' for 18/19 hrs. No apparent change while the NL straightened up and got a deeper green colour. 6hrs dark then and it wasn't until about 8hrs later of light that she had a tiny bit of green and started lifting her head! She was still mostly yellow though. After the full 18/6 cycle here she is::adore:

What a freak! I might call her freakshow! Especially as she came from this wierd looking thing!!:

Nice to see someone else from one of the rainy islands having a crack. Dw about getting them mixed up. Once the true leaves start coming out properly youll be able to tell the indica or sativa. Peace bruva.

Nice to see someone else from one of the rainy islands having a crack. Dw about getting them mixed up. Once the true leaves start coming out properly youll be able to tell the indica or sativa. Peace bruva.
Cheers lad. Yeah it will add to the excitement not knowing for sure which is which. You are in the neighbourhood so! We should start seeing a bit more of the yellow thing in the sky from now! ..Me pale skin won't know whats goin on!!:p

I'll have2 I have5 critical purple kush growing now my girls are only9 days old it's on a post up and running check it out if ya like my first indoor and autoflower grow going to try the c99 next can't wait to see your progress

The C99 was really nice. I never knew grass could have such a citrusy smell. A great smoke for during the day. It was almost like having a cup of coffee that got you high! I'll check that thread now alright... The auto's seem really popular here. I don't get it. Each to your own and all that but if you can make them switch whenever you want why go for an auto? I'm missing something but can't figure it out. What's your 2cents kid?

Back
Top Bottom