Thirvnrob's White Widow Auto, Bubblegum & Sour Diesel

Thirvnrob

Before I get into the details of this grow I want to briefly discuss what I’ve learned thus far & what I want to accomplish with this grow. The girls are already above ground and will get to them in a minute.

Watching my plants grow relaxes me. Watering them relaxes me. Gazing at them relaxes me. Trying to function in a disorganized cluttered tent stresses me beyond belief. So as my last couple grows have finished up, I’ve cleaned and re-organized with my tents. @Buds Buddy always has neat & organized grow spaces & he was the inspiration for this. They’re both the same, so one pic will suffice.
580D52EA-8D59-4E91-8F5D-F1BA64BE7A5A.jpeg

Secondly, I have read, re-read & before I water I read through @Emilya ’s watering guides again. I learn in a backwards fashion so I often read then water & read again to help ingrain it in my memory. I plan to grow some monster root balls & use them to fatten them up in flower.

I also would love to have a better understanding of lights. Lux, lumens & Par but it’s like music theory. I can play a guitar & get all of the chords right but I don’t understand the theory behind it. Same with lights - I can follow instructions but the theories are over my head at this point.

I plan on getting into organic growing. I’m comfy with the nutes I’m using now and I have enough for at least this grow so I’m going to use that up & try to glean as much knowledge as I can about those products.

Lastly, I gotta give them the time they need to veg in order to get the yield I want. Shooting for 1.5 lbs for this grow.
I’ll tag a few folks here that might want to tag along- party starts on the next page...
@Emilya, @MochaBud, @Buds Buddy, @Grand Daddy Black, @Enr0n, @Oldhippie59, @HashFart and anybody else that wants to join in.

Thanks for the Tag. What size tent are you using ? What light & watts are you using ? How many plants are you planning to grow & in what size pots ? The 1.5 lbs. should be easy to do with 4 - 5 plants in 5 gal. pots. I really think you can do it with just 3 plants if you Top & LST. That depends a lot on the light you use also.

Here are the performers:
White Widow Auto
60/40 Indica dominant
Seed to harvest should take10 weeks

Sour Diesel - feminized photo
60/40 Sativa dominant
15 - 20 weeks seed to harvest (we’ll see)

Bubblegum - feminized photo
50/50
12 - 15 weeks seed to harvest

All of the seeds came from 420. I’ve had 100% success with their seeds!

The tents are Cool Grow, 3’ x 3’ x 6’. The tents are sturdy & were pretty easy to assemble. My only complaint is that the zippers get snagged a lot & there are a few tiny light leaks.

I have a new light:
Hystorm HY-2000 It pulls 401 watts from the wall & has 200 10W Dual chip LEDs.
I will hang it & put it into use as soon as the last girl from my last grow gives the tent back to me. For now they’re in the same tent but of course I’ll have to separate the autos at some point. Sooner is better as I want them to get settled in & claim their space.

I germinated the autos in peat pods because I felt like it’d be easier to move them into their final pots. One took off so fast I put her in a 7 gallon pot so I could bury the root ball a few inches deeper & still leave room for it to fully develop. I also topped her below the 4th node to slow her down & let little sister catch up. She’s in a 5 gallon pot, both are in FFOF. My newly acquired watering skills will be put to the test here...

The Bubblegum & Sour diesel are still in their plastic cups. I germinated them in FFHF & will put them in 2 gallon pots with FFOF once they show me their roots.

I’ll be using the FF trio with a few supplementals such as Kelp me Kelp you & Wholly Mackerel & I’ll hit ‘em with Sledgehammer every four weeks.

Family photos up next!

My only complaint is that the zippers get snagged a lot & there are a few tiny light leaks.
Put some cooking oil on a paper towel & run it along your zippers. They work great afterward.
Sounds like plenty of light for a 3 x 3. Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm not sure if you can pull 1.5 lbs. with 3 Auto's though. Some people do but I think they've been doing Auto's for years. I have only gotten 5.5 oz. from one & most the time it was only 4 oz. That was my main reason to only grow photo's. I get 35% more yield or more.

Making their debut on the 420 stage, Please welcome Aria on the left & Brienna on the right. They sprouted on the same day. Brienna is clearly going to challenge me the whole way. At first I wasn’t going to include them in the journal but I changed my mind pretty quickly when they sprouted - looks like it’ll be fun.
3B70041F-51C9-4800-AB62-923AED248986.jpeg
53C538EF-BF3A-4E75-9F44-8CA4BC5C4820.jpeg
C55DA75E-B885-4F20-8577-34F1EE69451F.jpeg

My only complaint is that the zippers get snagged a lot & there are a few tiny light leaks.
Put some cooking oil on a paper towel & run it along your zippers. They work great afterward.
Sounds like plenty of light for a 3 x 3. Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm not sure if you can pull 1.5 lbs. with 3 Auto's though. Some people do but I think they've been doing Auto's for years. I have only gotten 5.5 oz. from one & most the time it was only 4 oz. That was my main reason to only grow photo's. I get 35% more yield or more.
The white windows are autos. The bubble gum and sour diesel are photos. I should I have been more clear about that...

I neglected to mention that the White Widows are under a different light & will be for the duration. It’s as follows:
Phlizon Pro 2000W. It pulls 240W from the wall. I had planned on & saved money to buy a Mars Hydro But their price went up a couple days before I had all the money together. This one was comparable, so I bought it instead. It has more than doubled in price since I made that purchase. I’m not sure I’m sold on it but I guess the only way to give a proper evaluation is to complete a grow start to finish under the light. I will probably employ mylar panels that I used on a previous grow to condense the light into a smaller space.

I don’t see any point in posting a bunch of baby pictures unless something remarkable or unusual occurs. That said, the Bubblegum & Sour Diesel are still in their plastic cups & sprouted exactly 7 days after the WW. Their future space will be occupied for at least 2 weeks
(I hope) & then they’ll make their debut.
They’re gonna stay in their cups until they demand more space. I’ll give them that space & keep them clamoring for water until they’re ready to do it again. In the meantime I’ll turn them into greedy little gluttons so they’ll be fat at show time.
They’ll go from cups to a 2 gallon pot (all pots are fabric) then 5 then 7.

Good luck thirvnrob don't be afraid to post pics I enjoy journal with lots of pics , sounds like you got everything covered , time to grow some fire big cat !!!!!!!
I’m on it...

Back
Top Bottom