This happened overnight! Can someone help please?

rosswebb45

So just a little info. Plants are in 1 gal pots and seedlings,clones are in starter pots. I'm using gh flora series 3 part
, calimagic, rapid start and liquid kool bloom and blackstrap molasses Last two just for flowering. I also added some oregonismxl early on. So I watered these plants last night with tap water+ calimagic + rapid start. All the plants were nice and healthy when I put them to bed but when I got home from work today I came home to this!!!! Can someone please help. I've already used a 100x scope to check for spider mites and they are not the problem so has to be something else. Please help. Thank you

Its hard to see but it looks like a calcium deficiency. Some brown spots on the fan leaves. I haven't experienced spider mites but from images they appear more like small white spots where they eat. I wouldn't think a calcium deficiency would appear overnight after a feeding though.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can stop by. Here's a couple photos from his gallery.

image33571.jpg

image33582.jpg

Ph is 7.6 but varies +-.4 I adjust it to 6.5 before I pour. but im thinking maybe my meter needs to be calibrated. heres all the photos. thank you for your input
image335741.jpg
image33585.jpg
image33584.jpg
image33583.jpg
image33582.jpg
image33581.jpg
image33580.jpg
image33574.jpg
image33571.jpg

Too funny as I was going to say the same thing! Sometimes leafs take on funky colors but mostly theres never a serious problem when they do that. As far as an exact reason or cause for this to happen, no one knows for sure and thats a FACT! Just keep watching them and maybe hold back on the nutrients for a few days and go from there. Don't beat yourself up over this nor spend a lot of time messing with them trying to "fix the problem" as there might not even be a problem. Just my 2 cents good luck!

hello there :welcome: Just my 2 cents but it looks like overfeed to me. The burnt tips, curling leaves and the necrosis (brown patches) on the leaves are a sure sign. I would give them all a flush with phd water to clear out any fertilizer from the medium :) they should pick up a few days later :Namaste:

so I flushed each container with 1.5 gal of ph'd water and snipped of some of the bad areas so I can mark any changes or progression. If it were just on one plant then I would understand it being normal or not a problem but the fact that it happened to a bunch of different ones a the same exact time using the same exact water solution that tells me I must have done something wrong thanks for all your input. ill keep an eye on them the next 3-4 days and post some more pics this weekend and see how things are going thanks again

Organic man is RIGHT when he said flush, I totally agree with that. The reason I said it wasn't a problem is because by the time you do a flush or two the problem will have already begun to self correct. The only reason why id be concerned further is if you think your ph is all out of wack. Thats only something you can ask yourself if you can remember making a mistake or two when balancing your water. But even if your ph is off balance that still wont cause any major problems whatsoever. We cant and shouldn't chase certain golden numbers for our ph and should only be more concerned with a particular range they have. Its even ok to run to high or too low for a certain amount of time as well and here's why. Your ph will change throughout your week. Towards the end of the week youre going to need to adjust it by then or better yet make up fresh nutrients to begin with. So having ph off or out of wack for a certain amount of time isnt a bad thing at all! Nutrient block is nothing to worry about and more often than not its not actually even blocked. It only needs slight adjustments of your ph up and down. I hope some of this helps you. But when organic man said flush you cant go wrong with that either. It can only help from there, good luck!

ok so just wanted to say thanks for everyones help I did get the problem solved and things are going good now. did a 3 gal flush on each as I discovered the ph of the mix I used was at 7.8 eesh but the flush and foliar spray seemed to do the trick. my meter was out of calibration so my local hydro store did that for me now things are great thanks again for everyones input

Back
Top Bottom