This is me

nickeluring

Hi all!

I'd like to introduce myself;
I'm Niccy, and I use a lot of cannabis. I used to take a lot of strong pain and nerve meds due to strong chronic neck and headache after a whiplash injury. It was opiates and rubbish that totally screwed up my well beings. So, I smoke a lot but now I've been of all other meds for a couple of years, and everything is so much better.

I'm Swedish, but I live in Spain. It's legal to grow here for your own consumption.

I've got 2 small tents with LEDs, one is 60 x 75 cm (2 x 2.5 feet) with a KindLED K3, and the other is 60 x 120 cm (2 x 4 feet) with a powerful Perfect Sun COB. A bit overkill for this tent, but the K3 is on the other hand a bit underkill in my opinion in the smaller tent.
I only grow in Coco.

I have had a couple of decent grows with some excellent end products, and I'll post a couple of photos of them.

Cheers,
Niccy

This is a Royal Creamatic (Auto) that generated the best weed I've ever tried.
She yielded 289 grams after both root rot and later bud rot. 289 grams is after all the bud rot was removed.

Attachments

• IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    627 KB · Views: 127
Here is a Bubble Kush (photo) that was manifolded.
Yield: 205 grams

Attachments

• IMG_1984.jpg
    IMG_1984.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    836.4 KB · Views: 103
This Gorilla Glue Auto got light and heat stressed, and she grew way too tall. She ended up touching the COB (recommended distance is 60-90 cm). Biggest buds ever!!! She did foxtail and I'm not so happy with the quality. Massive yield though!
Yield: 635 grams

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 109
A room with a view. The sister to the Gorilla Glue Auto above. This girl got even further delayed flowering and I had to move her out of the tent and put her in the bathroom where she has been since before she started to flower. I started her harvest flush a week ago, and she'll be ready in a few days. Easiest flush ever - haha!

Attachments

• IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 109
Thanks guys!
I've currently got 3 plants that started to flower 10 days ago. Is it still worthwhile to make a grow diaries of them?
I have just realised that autos definitely should be topped. I've been warned so many times not to top them, but after I tried topping and properly train my 3 currently flowering plants, I understand they cope very well with the stress. I believe these ladies will turn out magnificent in the end...

ProfessorFlora; that makes me happy to hear. I, too, would never touch those meds I was on. Now when I think about opiates I feel sick to my stomach. If I'd break another bone in my body, it'll just be aspirin and THC for me.

Sweet plants, and oh my gosh, I loved the picture of the one hanging out the bathroom window. :high-five:

It's easy to see you wont need any help growing, and I can feel the crew considering what they might learn from you. Lol! We in the States are still struggling with cannabis acceptance and we have a tremendous appreciation for more forward-thinking governments.

So I'm curious as to why you use smoking as your method of administration for the control of chronic pain? Smoking offers immediate relief, to be sure, but the effects are short-lived for the patient with chronic pain and you spend the day smoking, when a well-thought out capsule regimen reigns in the pain and smoking becomes something you can go back to for pleasure and the treatment of occasional breakthrough pain or muscle spasms.

This is kinda my thing around here, finding creative ways to bring about a pain-free, or at least a pain-controlled life through the thoughtful use of cannabis sativa. :battingeyelashes: Have you made use of a strong topical yet? Everything you showed off to us would be excellent raw materials for a good topical, something so easy to make its almost sinful not to have one on hand.

Hey....nice to meet you Niccy, and welcome to the family you didn't know you had. :hug::hug::hug: If I've piqued your interest about other methods of pain control come find me and I'll point you to some threads that'll make it easier to make the adjustments.

Thanks again, folks! So many nice people here.

@Pennywise ;
I have topped my plants at between 16 and 18 days. I'm experimenting with the topping to see whether it's better to top at the third or fourth node. I only keep 2 nodes, so if I top at node 4, I remove node 1 and 2.
The closeup shows a Critical Auto at day 25 that was topped to node 3.
The GGA at the back was also topped at node 3.
The Critical Auto to the left is a week younger than the others, and I topped this at node 4 on day 17.
From the 2 Critical Autos that was topped differently, the one that was topped at node 3 is a lot bigger now 2 weeks into flowering. But that could have loads of other different reasons. The smaller one has better size height wise.
They all responded very well to the topping and training. I'll never not top an auto again.

@SweetSue ;
I've been travelling across the globe since I started using weed for my pain. And when you come somewhere new you take what you can get. It's only the last two years that I've been stationary here and could start growing my own meds.
I haven't tried to make any topical. It might be good for my neck, so I'll look it up. But if you'd have any good recipes, please let me know.
I've made edibles, but I consume so much that it's hard to eat it all that fat. If I could find a way of making very strong edibles, I'd like that a lot. I have 635 grams of GGA buds that I'd like to make something of.
I've been smoking way too much, and my lungs don't like it. Now I try to mostly vape and only smoke sometimes, but old habits are hard to change. But I'm getting there....

Attachments

• IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    670.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 90
Magoo makes a good point. We’ve learned that the fermenting process not only potentiates the cannabis in some as yet unknown way, but it makes the smoke so smooth you’ll be surprised every time.

I recently put together a couple threads on making a basic infused oil for topicals and then taking that oil and making it into an effective pain-relieving body butter. You might find them useful. :battingeyelashes: The link to the oil thread is at the beginning of this one.

I used a pressure cooker. Without one you simply make a strong infused oil by your favorite method.

Applied to the soles of the feet or palms of the hand a good topical will relieve internal pressures and tensions deep inside the body in seemingly unreachable areas. There’s also a pad of skin at the top of the back we refer to as the Dorsal Medial Ramii (DMR) that covers a bunch of axons that’ll shuttle cannabinoids and terpenes into the brain without euphoria. The value is the ability to hold off headaches, including migraines, as well as keep your emotions in check with a constant sense of well-being. I carry a small 10ml roller ball applicator bottle filled with infused grape seed oil in my pocket for this use.

I tell friends I share my topicals with to use them anytime anything goes “Ouch!” Canna topicals do much more than relieve pain. In my opinion they’re underestimated as a healing modality.

Making an infused oil with your cannabis creates the ability to feed your body a more consistent supply of cannabis medicines. In the case of chronic pain it allows you to establish a base line of effective treatment that can manage the pain with such ease it seems a shame not to give it a try. An edible dose being applied in 3-4 doses a day so that the body never has a shortage of reserve troops appears to level out the endocannabinoid tone, which suggests that healing can be accelerated.

Edibles last longer and offer a deeper type of pain relief. Capsules let you standardize the dose to meet your body’s needs. Topicals hit local pain and modulate emotional response. Vaping fills in the edges of the regimen with immediate response for breakthrough pain, muscle spasm, or just because you wanted to be buzzed.

Prohibition taught us to smoke high THC. Clinical data is pointing to the truth that for most pain patients the most consistent relief is with a balanced ratio plant or one with more CBD values. Worth keeping in mind as you find your own sweet spot of relief.

Awesome information, Magoo and SweetSue. Thanks!
I've never heard of cobbing, but after a quick look at that link, Magoo, it seems like something I'd try. I'll read up on it, and if I know myself correctly I'll soon start looking for equipment on Amazon - haha! If there is a way of improving something, I'm on it...
And I'll definitely try the roller ball, SweetSue, I've only eaten the oil so far. When the migraines hit, there's no way I could roll and smoke a joint or vape. The roller ball sounds like it's for me - sweet!

Back
Top Bottom