This is my 9 day old above soil seedling - How does it look?

popolino77

this is my 9 day old above soil early miss auto flower. how does it look ? and is this plant still considered a seedling ?

pic_031.jpg

Nice looking plant. looks like she is off to a great start:thumb:
As to if it is still a seedling or not there is a lot of debate on that subject. Some say that as soon as the plant developed its 1st set of true leaves it is no longer a seedling. Others say 2 sets of true leaves and other.. well you get the idea. Personally I would consider her a baby but not a seedling anymore. But that is my opinion.

seedlings to sprouts to babies...there is actually real definitions of what these are. My roommate in college got his degree in Horticulture. You may be surprised how much about growing plants is already documented with real scientific definitions. Humans have been farming for quite some time now. What is very true is a lot of people think they are inventing stuff but there really is not much that hasn't been done already.

As an example. Everything in the AN line that is in their special bottles that they claim to have figured out is something you can find people have been doing for a very long time. I think when I researched it the newest idea that the AN guys are using is from the 70s or maybe 80s.

I like to check out non-420 type sites all the time because you find out authentic info about plants from people with degrees on it. Cannabis is just another plant.

seedlings to sprouts to babies...there is actually real definitions of what these are. My roommate in college got his degree in Horticulture. You may be surprised how much about growing plants is already documented with real scientific definitions. Humans have been farming for quite some time now. What is very true is a lot of people think they are inventing stuff but there really is not much that hasn't been done already.

As an example. Everything in the AN line that is in their special bottles that they claim to have figured out is something you can find people have been doing for a very long time. I think when I researched it the newest idea that the AN guys are using is from the 70s or maybe 80s.

I like to check out non-420 type sites all the time because you find out authentic info about plants from people with degrees on it. Cannabis is just another plant.
Well this site is about sharing is it not, since you apparently know, please enlighten me so when I see a question like this again I can give them the real scientific definition, if you are not handy at the time to do it. Share the wealth my fellow Oregonian, share the knowledge. ;)

I smoke too much weed I can't remember little things like that I have to go look it up.

These definitions are based on the chemical state and physical characteristics of the plant. So for example before you have fan leaves and there is just those starter ones (I can't remember the name I smoke too much weed), that is a different stage of growth than when you have the fan leaves.

I just now typed into google "seedling stages" and found this. I use google a lot these days...
stages.jpg

And really since plants fall into families the names of these stages are the same for many plants.

So what matters to us pot heads is really understanding the chemical stages of growth. So like I told you yesterday that growing from seed they need nothing until they get to 2 sets of fan leaves? Well that is where a lot of this confusion comes from. Seeds have built in nutes otherwise they wouldn't work. they can make it to 2 sets without nute help and can easily be burned with any help at that young of a stage of growth. But by the time is is to 2 sets of leaves it is like in the 6 or 7th stage of growth. We just ignore all of them because they don't matter.

What matters is when do I need to change the nute profile I am using.

What I am saying is google is your friend and any question you have that is just basic plant knowledge don't come here. Go to a reputable site on horticulture with scientists and professional farmers. You will learn a lot more thata way

:thumb:

:Namaste:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, man I have so much to learn. See I just assumed that like a chickens egg the yoke is the actual chicken and the whites are the nutrients that the chick needs to develop, hence the reason we do not feed chicks until they break out of the egg. Where as with a seed the 2 primary leaves are like the whites of the chicken egg, they provide the nutrients needed for the plant to grow until it can develop leaves to create energy/food through photosynthesis. Once the plant has those leaves it is like the chicken after it is out of the shell. I like the way you explain it better, it is sounds so much more professional.
What can I say I am just an uneducated techno-dinasaur who every times he uses "Goggle" ends up with 24,000 pages of crap to find the 1 page with the information i am seeking.

I can be a smart ass but I am not a troll. I am just trying to help people out here.

I have some knowledge so I do what I can to spread that around especially since I can be open about it. But I try in general to teach you to fish not hand you a basket of fish and chips.

This society we have created for instant gratification does not help you learn the patients it takes to be a great grower. If I just give it to you and you don't have to earn it you wont really appreciate it. Sometimes I just tell people to go look it up. Many times I just wont answer questions because they do not deserve my time. Get off your rump and go to a book store and buys Ed's book. It is an awesome read and it is fun and you learn a lot and you have a handy guide to tell you how to fix anything.

When I started all you could do was go buy that book and you felt like a criminal placing it on the counter to buy it. Just out of respect for what we are doing everyone should buy his book.

:Namaste:

Bah. Bah. Baaa....I'm lovin it

I watered my plant today and i did not use the oral syringe i usually use because the plant requires more water so i used a measuring cup and because the plant is short and i did not want to get the leaves wet i was not able to water the stem like i usually do. Does it matter ?

I can be a smart ass but I am not a troll. I am just trying to help people out here.
Same here and if I came across as being a smart ass or a troll it was not intended that way, I just have an odd way of looking at thing I am aware of that. Like you I am only trying to help a brother/sister out by giving him/her an answer to his/her question.

Say Popolino77 I apologize to you for having to go through all this in order to get your question answered.

Since this is Pops thread I will respond. Please do not hijack this. Please post your question in the correct forum and I will respond. I believe this is not a Frequently asked question.

:thumb:

I need a new tablet I can't even go back an fix that.

@OlderGrower... not directed at you bro.

@popolino... I think I understand your question but I am not certain. Are you concerned because the water was not directed at the stem? If so can you explain the concern? During early growth you don't want to water near the plant rather around the edge of the pot.

I need a new tablet I can't even go back an fix that.

@oldergrower... not directed at you bro.

@popolino... I think I understand your question but I am not certain. Are you concerned because the water was not directed at the stem? If so can you explain the concern? During early growth you don't want to water near the plant rather around the edge of the pot.

Since my plant sprouted i always watered on the stem of the plant mostly and slightly around the plant with a oral syringe but since my plant is bigger now and requires more water i used a measuring cup instead and since i did not want to get the leaves wet i had to poor the water around the plant and i dont think i got any of the water on the stem of the plant where i usually water. Does this matter ?

Back
Top Bottom