This is what happens

Damien102

This is my first grow. Before I started I put in hours and hours of reading. I have a 2x2x4 tent (biggest the wife would agree to) and asked on forums how many plants. I got answers 1 or 2, so decided on 2. I also read up on scrog'ing and LST. I went with tie-down LST only, after seeing what I considered scarce growth after 3 weeks (like I said... 1st grow). I tied down more and more daily to keep the canopy low and even, but it kept growing and growing and growing. Now I have this after 8 week. THE GROW TENT IS IN ANARCHY!!!
The moral of the story to newbie's like me growing in small spaces, USE A NET!!!!!

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

Welcome to indoor growing... I have a 80" high grow space and height is always a battle... You definitely need to find some short genetics to grow in that space.

Happy growing!
:hookah:

Hey yea it's full but they look great. So I have the same size tent (2×2×4) and I grow autos for that reason as I tried a mutant photoperiod and it got to big to quick... eventually she keeled over... But with good LST or in my case AST lol you can fit three at a time no problem. Good luck on the grow I'm stick around to see your solution.

Hey yea it's full but they look great. So I have the same size tent (2×2×4) and I grow autos for that reason as I tried a mutant photoperiod and it got to big to quick... eventually she keeled over... But with good LST or in my case AST lol you can fit three at a time no problem. Good luck on the grow I'm stick around to see your solution.
A couple of the autos that I have growing right now hit 4' tall, I had to pull a couple of the tops over and stake them down... My next grow I'm going to try out some 100% Indica photos.

A couple of the autos that I have growing right now hit 4' tall, I had to pull a couple of the tops over and stake them down... My next grow I'm going to try out some 100% Indica photos.
Yup I hear that ..last grow of mine I had one of three that got 4ft+ the other two were about 2.5ft.... this time around I'm not playing with height I have them strapped down like I put them on the rack lol

Welcome to indoor growing... I have a 80" high grow space and height is always a battle... You definitely need to find some short genetics to grow in that space.

Happy growing!
:hookah:
I got seed from MSNL Gorilla Glue autos. They were listed in the short plant section 60cm-100cm/24in-39in. Without the tie down training I did do they would be way over that 39in mark. The tie down I did was pretty aggressive over 90 degrees on the main stem and the side stems bent below that (and they're still at 28in), until it hit a fast stretch and got out of control. Like I said, this is my first grow and next time I'm definitely using a net. If I have to go through a few trail and error grows its no biggie, as long as I yield enough bud for personal use between them.

" I tried a mutant photoperiod and it got to big to quick..." Like I said I'm new, hence this question. When your photo filled that 2x2 couldn't you have flipped to 12/12 light and forced it to stop growing and start flowering?

" I tried a mutant photoperiod and it got to big to quick..." Like I said I'm new, hence this question. When your photo filled that 2x2 couldn't you have flipped to 12/12 light and forced it to stop growing and start flowering?
When growing photo's you go by height to determine when to switch to flower. When the plant is 1/2 the size you want it to be when it's done, is when you flip to 12/12. The plant will double in size during flower. Most of the stretch comes the 1st 2-3 weeks after you start 12/12.

My next grow I'm going to try out some 100% Indica photos.
Sounds like what I should try next grow. The ones I got now are GG autos. I'm the clueless newbie that was looking for the strongest weed out there.
I just grow for personal. Weed where I live goes for 300 an oz. I'm thinking grow your own, between fresh soil, electric, consumables may come to 50ish an oz. in the long run. As long as I get enough from one grow to the nest to keep me token, I have no problem experimenting

They're beginning to flower now. My solution for this one is tie down what's almost hitting the light and move the fan leaves blocking the bud sites out of the way and hope for the best. I'd like to cut off a bunch of fans, but read at this point it'll stress the plant and distract from the flowering/bud growth.
I'd like to thank you and everyone else that replied for the advise and encouragement.
I'll post the yield out come with pics when the time finally gets here

This is my first grow. Before I started I put in hours and hours of reading. I have a 2x2x4 tent (biggest the wife would agree to) and asked on forums how many plants. I got answers 1 or 2, so decided on 2. I also read up on scrog'ing and LST. I went with tie-down LST only, after seeing what I considered scarce growth after 3 weeks (like I said... 1st grow). I tied down more and more daily to keep the canopy low and even, but it kept growing and growing and growing. Now I have this after 8 week. THE GROW TENT IS IN ANARCHY!!!
The moral of the story to newbie's like me growing in small spaces, USE A NET!!!!!

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG
Great ladies @Damien102
Looks like my first aswell.
Vegged way too long.
But there are worse problems though. :rofl:
Keep up the good work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Actually I just added about a foot to my tent. When I first got it I was skeptical about the 4ft height, so I cut off the top and made a plywood top with a hinged hatch so I could raise the panel of the quantum board to the level of the very top of the tent. Seems to work just like i hoped for. Gets the ballast out of the tent too.
The light pullies are mounted to the ceiling. The wife had a fit LOL. That's what she gets for making me buy a short tent :D

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

Hello friend - I am very well versed in keeping plants small, but still getting a decent yield
Size of your pots will partly determine the size of the plant - I'm in a 80 x 80 and 2 x 10L is absolute max for me
However, 4 x 5L pots are much easier in restricted space with comparable yield
Secondly, top it as soon as possible, I top as soon as I can physically get at the tip 3rd node on seedling but I only take out the growing tip, not the whole top as such - pinching out and LST sounds like your best bet
Green_Crack_fimmed_node_2.JPG

Something I see a lot is folk saying they are doing a SCROG simply by letting the plant grow through a net - that isn't SCROG. The idea is to train multiple branches along the net then flip as soon as you have an even canopy
Only the buds will now grow vertically, giving you Screen of Green buds

Hey @Damien102 here is a link for your next run.

Stay safe
Bill

Hello friend - I am very well versed in keeping plants small, but still getting a decent yield
Size of your pots will partly determine the size of the plant - I'm in a 80 x 80 and 2 x 10L is absolute max for me
Secondly, top it as soon as possible, I top as soon as I can physically get at the tip 3rd node on seedling but I only take out the growing tip, not the whole top as such - pinching out and LST sounds like your best bet

Something I see a lot is folk saying they are doing a SCROG simply by letting the plant grow through a net - that isn't SCROG. The idea is to train multiple branches along the net then flip as soon as you have an even canopy
I'm using 5 gal pots, never even thought of smaller, have it in the back of my mind, smaller pot, smaller plant, smaller yield.
Like I said its my first grow and they're auto's and read some people say top autos, go for it. But most say don't top autos, they don't have time to recover. I'd really like to try down the road and see what comes of it.

Actually I just added about a foot to my tent. When I first got it I was skeptical about the 4ft height, so I cut off the top and made a plywood top with a hinged hatch so I could raise the panel of the quantum board to the level of the very top of the tent. Seems to work just like i hoped for. Gets the ballast out of the tent too.
The light pullies are mounted to the ceiling. The wife had a fit LOL. That's what she gets for making me buy a short tent :D

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG
Lol I friggin love it.... Good job on the improvising...and for the mutant I did not know what I was doing so she ended up dying from some form of toxicity (photo below to show how big she got 2×2×3.5). But from this point on I will be Leary of mutants...I had 2 turn herm and one just croak... From all three I have noticed they all 3 smell like "soap" when they start to flower...so I'm taking the smell as a early tell tale.

IMG_20220128_175345268 (1).jpg

Hey @Damien102 here is a link for your next run.

Stay safe
Bill

Thanx .... looks like what I'd like to do. Make her wide vs tall. Always did have a thing for wide bottom girls

I'm using 5 gal pots, never even thought of smaller, have it in the back of my mind, smaller pot, smaller plant, smaller yield.
Like I said its my first grow and they're auto's and read some people say top autos, go for it. But most say don't top autos, they don't have time to recover. I'd really like to try down the road and see what comes of it.
Most folk that use bigger pots have the space for bigger plants without topping, but that is not our situation my friend
We want compact plants that have a level canopy of bud sites
Yeah, it might slow them down a tiny bit, but that time is spent developing the lower shoots so no problem, it will grow more evenly because the flowering hormone is concentrated in the top cola, so by making all the terminal sites roughly the same height, the distribution of the hormone levels out and the buds are more uniform, less popcorn
Experiment away, we all do :cool:

Something I see a lot is folk saying they are doing a SCROG simply by letting the plant grow through a net - that isn't SCROG.
I know, I've seen that too. It may help light exposure a little directing the branches out but still letting them grow vertical. I think just the visual of making them lay flat would convince one its more effective. I can't imagine getting all the growth from the original pics I posted flat under a net in a 2x2 tent. The plan for the next grow is, 1 plant (can't tell but original pics are 2) , same seeds as in the first grow, same size (5gal) pot, "properly" SCROG'd and see what comes of it. Perfection is a process, not an event

Lol I friggin love it.... Good job on the improvising...and for the mutant I did not know what I was doing so she ended up dying from some form of toxicity (photo below to show how big she got 2×2×3.5). But from this point on I will be Leary of mutants...I had 2 turn herm and one just croak... From all three I have noticed they all 3 smell like "soap" when they start to flower...so I'm taking the smell as a early tell tale.

IMG_20220128_175345268 (1).jpg
I see you are using the self watering pots. Are you feeding from the top or the bottom ? From what I've seen those types of pots concentrate most root mass at the bottom of the pot & your plants grow taller if you bottom feed. But these growers are also pulling nice yields with them. I just bought some of them to try out for myself.... lol.

Back
Top Bottom