This old dog needs some new tricks to grow trees

Well almost everything "new" is just an old timers everyday routine with a flashy new name on it.

There are folks here that grow in everything from PC cases to commercial greenhouses and every medium you can think of. I'm sure you can find a thing or two to learn from someone here.

Well almost everything "new" is just an old timers everyday routine with a flashy new name on it.

There are folks here that grow in everything from PC cases to commercial greenhouses and every medium you can think of. I'm sure you can find a thing or two to learn from someone here.

Yup! Groovy thought!

And some of us are doing stuff with oil that have been done forever. Just different views, different tweaks.

Great part of this place, seeing the different things people are doing, and then pulling from that giant pool to see what works for you!

@Rod :welcome: Do you have anything cookin? Throw it out and I'll bet a gram you'll get lots of help with anything you need.

Welcome Rod, it's in here.
Yup! Groovy thought!

And some of us are doing stuff with oil that have been done forever. Just different views, different tweaks.

Great part of this place, seeing the different things people are doing, and then pulling from that giant pool to see what works for you!

@Rod :welcome: Do you have anything cookin? Throw it out and I'll bet a gram you'll get lots of help with anything you need.
I just bought a new 3000 watt wide spectrum, first time for me to use it, not sure if it is a good,,and,2,1000 watt wide spectrum
for under the canopy should I have any other lighting..

I just bought a new 3000 watt wide spectrum, first time for me to use it, not sure if it is a good,,and,2,1000 watt wide spectrum
for under the canopy should I have any other lighting..and they are led

Well, what kind of lights? LED?

Got it, LED.

So, next question is, what is the real wattage that the LED fixtures each use? Usually when you see "1000 watt" it means the light is meant to replace a 1000 watt HPS or MH, or whatever.

Do you know the "at the outlet" watt usage?

Also, all of your setup specs would be great. Where are those super helpful folks with the links? I suck at this (echo, echo, echo). Maybe I should get the links.

Anyway, let me go find a link that tells you what to post in terms of your configuration. You post that, and peeps will jump on it cuz they know your variables and what not.

Be back in a bit.

Also, all of your setup specs would be great. Where are those super helpful folks with the links? I suck at this (echo, echo, echo). Maybe I should get the links.

Anyway, let me go find a link that tells you what to post in terms of your configuration. You post that, and peeps will jump on it cuz they know your variables and what not.

Be back in a bit.
Ok cool thanks

Check out this post and hit the links. Lots of goodies.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

Got that from:

You might want to start a journal so folks can see what you got going on, and pitch in to help.

It sounds like you invested in light so I'd give them a try. While they grow your crop check out the light sponsors. Look into peoples gardens I run Mars Hydro and NextLight here, and am happy with them both, and there's more. Light is the most important thing we buy in my opinion so take your time.

Yup! Groovy thought!

Not yet waiting on my seeds this WK,I hope

Welcome Rod! It definitely in the right spot to learn some new tricks. Can't wait to see what you're going to be growing. I know it might seem overwhelming with all the info on this site, if I could suggest just start with the basics on your first row and incorporate what you will learn as you proceed. Starting a journal would be a good start so that way as soon as you run into issues you have a good Baseline so everybody understands where you're coming from. Hope your grow goes well! Cheers!

Welcome Rod! It definitely in the right spot to learn some new tricks. Can't wait to see what you're going to be growing. I know it might seem overwhelming with all the info on this site, if I could suggest just start with the basics on your first row and incorporate what you will learn as you proceed. Starting a journal would be a good start so that way as soon as you run into issues you have a good Baseline so everybody understands where you're coming from. Hope your grow goes well! Cheers!
Well I'm starting the growing season with blue berry and early miss auto, and see where it goes from here..

Back
Top Bottom