This one has me stumped - Twisty new growth

Can anyone give me an idea what is going on with my Golden Tiger cross? It has been doing this all along. She is healthy and growing fine but all new growth has twisted, light leaves with nearly yellow tips. This strain does not care for 'N' so she hasn't gotten much. I've gone over all the problem solvers and deficiency/toxicity charts. This one has me stumped.

She's 22 weeks old in veg and healthy overall. The leaves eventually normalize. The only thing I can think of is it is still getting a form of claw and nute' burn from my soil even though I've only given her water all along. None of the rest of my brood are doing this.

GT_Twist.jpg

:thanks:

Re: This one has me stumped. Twisty new growth.

i had one do that before, ended up being a root issue.

mine was in DWC, so it was easy to spot, but perhaps something similar is happening?

if you dont mind spending a little money, maybe try to pick up some hydroguard (if you can get it in your country) or subculture B and try adding it to your watering?

i may be way off, but its almost exactly what mine was doing. might be worth an experiment

i had one do that before, ended up being a root issue.

mine was in DWC, so it was easy to spot, but perhaps something similar is happening?

if you dont mind spending a little money, maybe try to pick up some hydroguard (if you can get it in your country) or subculture B and try adding it to your watering?

i may be way off, but its almost exactly what mine was doing. might be worth an experiment

Thanks! I appreciate it. I'll look into them.
Mine are all in soil and Golden Tiger is the only strain doing this. They are supposed to be light feeders. I'm thinking maybe my soil mix is a little too hot for this variety. Dunno...
:thanks:

Major, i dont know if this will be of any help but i used to grow yellow tomatoes, and some of the plants showed similar symptom, i banged my head like crazy with it but i noticed it would normalize between using fertilizers so one day i got too annoyed and called up friend that is botanist and he told me its boron def, tips on new growth would yellow u a bit and curl but would be fine when they mature more...and it affected only few plants in the exact same soil as the rest of them...again im not sure if thats it,just sharing my experience, and wont hurt to check into it a bit :)

Very cool LittleCat! I'll definitely check into it. :high-five:

I read up on it. Boron is the most commonly deficient micronutrient on the planet even though deposits of borax can be found around the globe. It is vital in trace amounts but will kill plants if too much is present. I'm going to try a tiny amount, like 1/8-1/4 teaspoon in a gallon of water. That appears to be a safe concentration. I may be helping it...or killing it. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks again!

No probs, we are all here to help each other, and i sure am grateful for all the good advice i got from you :)

Yeah, take it reeeeaaalllly easy and careful with it, you wont kill it with tiny concentration...but its annoying as hell because its like it lasts only a little while and whooop all good one of a sudden. Personally i added it only once and never again and tomatoes were fine...one still had a little bit of an issue, but it ended up producing just fine till the end :)

Back
Top Bottom